Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Chris Avellone To Draw Personal Trolls for Most Generous Codex Fundraiser Backers

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Chris Avellone; Kickstarter; Project Eternity

As you probably know (and can see on our front page), we have an RPG Codex fundraiser for the Project Eternity Kickstarter currently ongoing, to get on that $5000 community tier. (Our beloved admin will only update the donation counter once in a couple of days, so I've no idea how much we've collected so far.)

So in case you happen to be affluent enough to have a few hundred bucks to contribute to the Codex' eternal glory (and thereby to Obsidian's Kickstarter effort as well -- even if we don't reach the goal, all funds collected will go to Kickstarter), but are still on the fence and might need some further incentive to do so, I'm happy to inform you that, in a proud Codexian tradition, Obsidian's Chris Avellone has kindly agreed to draw personal troll avatars/pictures (to use on the Codex boards and show off to friends and strangers alike) for those who donate at least $250 to the cause. You'll get to request the design and everything. Look at my avatar for an example.

If you wanted to but couldn't get on board this initiative back when we did the Wasteland 2 fundraiser, now you can do it.

DONATE HERE
!! Only donations made via the above button count towards the fundraiser !!
!! You must donate at least $250 to be eligible for a personal troll !!

To those who are worried about the in-game reference being too silly: don't worry, we'll sort it out. We'll stage a contest for that anyway, I'm sure. Plus Obsidian wouldn't let our band of adventurers stick out too much in a bad way.

Have fun and support the Codex and Obsidian's Kickstarter.

P.S. And DU's trolling you, you know. (DISCLAIMER: This is my personal opinion that may not coincide with that of the administration.)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Shit, already put 250 dollarus on this and I cant afford to put another 250 :/

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
:bro::yeah:

YOU ARE SUCH A BRO MCA (and Obsidian) <3 <3 <3

I really wanted one but missed out on the WL2 Codex funddrive. :(

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Nice one. Already donated $25 for the codex gold bag and $160 for the kickstarter. I have faith in this game.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shit, already put 250 dollarus on this and I cant afford to put another 250 :/

You know you can reduce your pledge, right?

Yeah but I want the swag and goodies. Collector's Edition box signed by MCA, Cain and Sawyer.:love:

That's exactly my situation as well. I will have that signed box even though I'd love my own MCA avatar. I'll certainly donate to our roving band of misfit adventurers but not at that price level. :(

deuxhero

Arcane
Why even bother with the contest? We all know it's just going to be one thug remarking they will have their way with the PC when they are done with another clarifying "tastefully".

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
damn, if i wasn't but a poor student

DU is a cunt.

dude, you registered in '09 how does this come as a surprise to you

also, good to see you posting again

the codex needs a little rainbow now and again

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Obsidian's Chris Avellone has kindly agreed to draw personal troll avatars/pictures (to use on the Codex boards and show off to friends and strangers alike) for those who donate at least $250 to the cause. You'll get to request the design and everything. Look at my avatar for an example.

If you wanted to but couldn't get on board this initiative back when we did the Wasteland 2 fundraiser, now you can do it.
As an extra added incentive, I will also immediately ban anyone who donates $250 or more to this campaign.

EDIT: Also, a bit over $400 USD raised to date (that's minus PayPal / foreign currency conversion fees). I'll do a full tally and update with names later today or tomorrow - depending on a few things happening today.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wish I had $250 for an MCA troll.

As it is, you'll have to be happy with my $10.

Gold

Augur
Patron
Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Damn I want a Gold Troll. *shrugs* I will give what I can next Friday. Fuck you DU, any non-retarded non-Bio/Beth/etc wRPG needs to be supported.

It was a misjudgement to think people will pay such a high price for a cartoon a second time around

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It was a misjudgement to think people will pay such a high price for a cartoon a second time around
Yup, I agree with that. Everyone who was in the market for a $250 custom troll has, most likely, already got one. Also, there seem to be a lot less people enthusiastic about PE than there were about W2 here on the Codex, which is even more important than the MCA trolls IMHO. When takeing all that into account, I'm ready to bet that there will be less $250 (and up) contributions this time around.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Think of something else you can do for us in exchange for $250, MCA! :smug:

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Think of something else you can do for us in exchange for $250, MCA! :smug:
Don't get me wrong, I would love a custom MCA troll, but I'm already $250 down from donating on the PE KS page, and between a custom troll and donating $250 to some other worthy Kickstarter project, I would rather help another team as well than get an, admittedly awesome, troll.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I don't mind DU's smarmy attitude, but could someone at least fix the gold counter?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom