Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Age of Decadence on Steam Greenlight

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

Since we were talking about Steam Greenlight just in the last newspost, I'd like to point out that there's a greenlight campaign for The Age of Decadence too.

There's no reason not to help our Irontower bros to bring the result of their feeble efforts to the steaming masses. I'm certain we can, in one combined epic effort, get the game from 5% to, I dunno, 6% or something.

In somewhat related news, if you're one of those who think that AoD wasn't so bad, except it could do with a slightly easier combat, you can vote for introducing a difficulty slider here on the ITS forums. Of course, Vault Dweller will ignore this poll, however, VD is an old fart, so, there's always the chance that he'll eventually give in if you only pester him enough.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
I misread & thought you were announcing they were greenlit. I am disappoint.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
It's only at 5% of the needed votes. Does not bode well unless they get some better publicity.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's only at 5% of the needed votes. Does not bode well unless they get some better publicity.

That's actually a very large number for a relatively unknown game. It's possible AoD will eventually be allowed on the platform.

Ion Flux

Savant

That's actually a very large number for a relatively unknown game. It's possible AoD will eventually be allowed on the platform.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about this. There's no running tally of interested Steam users, just a "percent of necessary" interested users. What the heck is that? What's the magic number they've arbitrarily decided on, and who decided it? Even if 5% is "large for a relatively unknown game" (which may be true), it's still a very small percent of what's "necessary". I'm not sure I like this format very much.

Anyway, AoD has seemed a bit controversial around here, so perhaps Iron Tower needs to cast a bit of a broader net for this Greenlight thing.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
None of the currently greenlit games even came close, so percentage isn't really relevant by itself. Only compared to other games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've seen it written that it's the percentage of total votes given to ALL games on Greenlight, that went to that particular game. So 1 in 20 votes have gone to AOD if that's true. Not too shabby!

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
I've seen it written that it's the percentage of total votes given to ALL games on Greenlight, that went to that particular game. So 1 in 20 votes have gone to AOD if that's true. Not too shabby!

That just seems impossible. So many games got to 5% + some that went into the 30s. That's way more than 100.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

That just seems impossible. So many games got to 5% + some that went into the 30s. That's way more than 100.

Who got to 30's? Black Mesa did. But that got greenlit.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Infinitron Kenshi I believe. You mean that percentages are re-evaluated every time a game gets greenlit? That's possible I guess but I doubt that there are fewer than 20 games with more than 5%.
oldmanpaco Thanks for the vote :)

EDIT - Removed a bunch of stuff irrelevant to this thread.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah I did my duty and voted for TAoD, Charle's game and Underrail. These numbers seem really wacky though.

Most of the shit greenlighted is fucking retarded. Oh well. The general public. :roll:

EG

Nullified

Who got to 30's? Black Mesa did. But that got greenlit.

Project Zomboid greenlit at 31%, after voting stalled two days.

Achilles

Arcane
Most of the shit greenlighted is fucking retarded. Oh well. The general public. :roll:

Actually I thought that the first ten games that made it in were pretty good. I rated every game on Greenlight and I saw unbelievable shit in there. Out of 800 or so games I upvoted 91, as well as 7 out of the 10 games than were greenlighted.

Zyrxil

Scholar
That promotional trailer is godawful. If I didn't already know what it was, there's no way I would have sat through that. 1 min of splash art with irrelevant background universe lines, followed by trying to make leveling skills on the paper doll look dramatic and exciting. What the fuck. I know they're a small team, but promotional material is so incredibly important when trying to sell anything. FFS, name drop Fallout or something. Hype the consequences instead of showing dialogue boxes and choices that we can't even read. If this is all Vince is counting on to get people outside of the Codex interested about AoD, I'd say he'll sell about 500 copies.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
FFS, name drop Fallout or something.
The Age of Decadence ...
...brought to you by a guy who played...
...Fallout 1 & 2...
...Icewind Dale 1 & 2...
... Dragon Age 1 & 2....
... Oblivion ...
... who already brought you 17,000 posts on the Codex...
... and Melissan

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom