Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Wasteland 2 Camera Angle Footage

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

InXile have released some video footage of Wasteland 2 to show off different camera angles, accompanied by this Twitter message from Brian Fargo:

Here's footage from WL2 that shows off camera angle diversity. Don't worry about animation speeds, effects etc.​

And here's the video itself:

"We still have a year to really dial it all in!", added Fargo via Twitter.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Still not impressed with the colour palette,other than that...

:drink:

fapfapfapfapfapfapfap

mote

Novice
I assume this is the perspective inside "town" areas when you walk around with your party? I hope WL2 will have a travel map with party represented as a single ranger, like the original.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Would prefer it if they would tilt the camera a bit more and use actual orthogrqphic projection instead of this...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Copying "news" from RockPaperShotgun? This footage has been out since Brian's Unity 2012 speech was released on the Internet, days ago.

godsend1989

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin
I never liked Jagged Alliance type of games cause this is exactly what this video express for me now, will see.

Cynic

Arcane
Dunno how you can say this doesn't look awesome. Kind of agree about the color palette but mods will fix it. What is their proposed release date again (if they even have one)? This, chaos chronicles and grim dawn are very much feeling like a new age of incline is coming. Let's just hope they sell enough to make reasonable profits.

kaizoku

Arcane
Dunno how you can say this doesn't look awesome. Kind of agree about the color palette but mods will fix it. What is their proposed release date again (if they even have one)? This, chaos chronicles and grim dawn are very much feeling like a new age of incline is coming. Let's just hope they sell enough to make reasonable profits.
Est. delivery: Oct 2013

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Saw this days ago and even posted it comon I mean sure the graphics are shit it looks like Wasteland 1 using Unity engine who woulda thunk that one! D: But still gameplay is the key here if it's tactical, balanced, and has a dumpload of skill checks and good writing (MCA!) you can't go wrong here w00t Team Brian! :Jumpshot:

Johannes

Arcane
Nice dance moves around the 25 second mark. Almost as good as Count Orloch.

Camera angles, ok, whatever, not interesting as long as it doesn't suck.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
The music is great as it should be, the cartoony look is fucking horrible and I will have a bad taste in my mouth after finishing the game if the mechanics will be good just because of the artstyle.

Why go with shitty 3d in unity instead of glorious prerendered is beyond me.

ice1dk1c1.png

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
While the look of the graphics and the style, the animations and all don't look half bad... there's just something uncanny valley-ish about the colours. It's like they're desperately trying not to be "brown" in a setting where a lot of brownness, save for a few areas, would be widely justified. Anyone else get that feeling?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Here's the whole video with Fargo's speech. It's pretty interesting

PS : [tag]Brother None[/tag] :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom