Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cleve Blakemore accuses the RPG Codex of bandwidth leeching

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Grimoire

On his website, <a href=http://www.grimoiresystems.com/>Grimoire Systems (aka golden era games)</a>, Cleve Blakemore, the infamous paranoiac and delusional racist (On Usenet, QuarterToThree and other Internet fora), and also the webmaster and owner of the aforementioned site has <b>publicly accused</b> the RPG Codex of leeching images from his pitiful little website. He had the following words to say to us, as posted on the site:
<br>
<blockquote>Some of the people who live with their parents and have never kissed a girl over at RPGCodex figured out how to link to the backend of the product database so they could hotlink the Grimoire screenshot into their forum page. For this reason I had to take products offline until I know how to keep that from happening.</blockquote>
<br>
Not only has he falsely accused us and impugned the RPG Codex reputable website (personal opinions of our writer staff are regarded as personal opinions, and do not reflect the website as a whole), but he also seeks to mock us in an utterly childish and reprehensible manner, as if to intimidate us.
<br>
<br>
These lies and fabrications are yet another degree of the spectrum which is Cleve Blakemore.

Fez

Erudite
This is comedy gold. No doubt he'll claim that a chinese/communist/zionist/black conspiracy is leeching off of him next.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Yeah, right now I'm stashed in his bunker.

Anyways, I was wondering, how does he mean you guys leached off him? Does he just mean those images in those other Grimoire topics or what?

Surlent

Liturgist
LOL 111111111
I'd guess too he means those game screens were linked straight to his website. Poor Cleve, not enough bandwith have you ?

Fez

Erudite
I guess he never realised that someone can link to an image on a forum, despite it happening all over them for years.

the_dagon

Educated
rpgcodex & policy

Just passing by...

When looking for RPG news:
- I don't care Cleve's personal & political opinions.
- I don't care RPGCODEX's personal & political opinions.

so try to stick to RPGs & not politics. I think rpgcodex newsbits are about RPGs... try to post on forums it would be more appropriate.

anyway best way to treat stupid attacks are to ignore them.

and about Grimoire, if it's good I'll buy it, whatever it's genitor opinions.

my two cents.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You would buy it even though it is well known that he uses the money to support Stormfront.org, Aryan Nation and similar organizations? You might as well start sending charity to the KKK.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Okay, RPGCodex is childish, yet Cleve throws a temper tandrum over some screenshots posted in a forum post about his game publically rather than emailing one of us and asking the images be changed to links or even posting in that thread about it.

Well, I guess the overhead on the super Cleve underground lair is high enough without someone posting screenshots on a forum post.

LlamaGod

Cipher
omg I am hax0ring cleve blakemore with the 'copy image address' fuction

iam in ur site killing all ur doodz

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Re: Cleve...

the_dagon said:
You might as well start sending charity to the KKK

I don't think KKK is making any good RPG :roll:

Many people don't want to support Microsoft... but they do it anyway.

Did you just compare Microsoft to the KKK? Microsoft doesn't kill people, or torch their houses for being black.

Cleve Blakemore is a known supporter of organizations like www.faem.com, a member of Stormfront. He writes articles for them and sends them money.

When you pay for his games, you pay for Hitler.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Sarvis said:
Well... to be fair I do live with my parents. So he's got one small part right. :(

Guilty as charged. Then again, I don't really mind. I'm fine about it, so are my parents. I have other priorities to handle before letting the old farts grow old on their own.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Not only has he falsely accused us and impugned the RPG Codex reputable website (personal opinions of our writer staff are regarded as personal opinions, and do not reflect the website as a whole), but he also seeks to mock us in an utterly childish and reprehensible manner, as if to intimidate us."

Eh. No. The Codex staff share their opinions in the news articles which means their personal opinions DO reflect on the website. I got no problems with that; 'but don't make shit up.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Well, going public with it and calling us names... Kinda like you did in that other post exit :D
Not that I care anyway, the guy's definetly got a corn cobb up his ass.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Damn Rex, you knew that by posting that nice "nazi news" thingie you'd piss him off. The codex: when there is no news, we'll make news.

Still, he's a bit of a paranoid one eh?

Calis

Pensionado
His reaction is funny as hell as well.
It'd be nice if he'd link to the page with the hotlinked image though. This is just mudslinging. Then again, I guess Exit should've put Usenet/forum links in with all the "Cleve is a nazi" stuff as well.

He's really starting to make me wonder where this "product backend" stuff of his is. Not that I've really looked for it, but still.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom