Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Steam Greenlight: RPG Highlights

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Age of Decadence; Cinemax; Driftmoon; Expeditions: Conquistador; Frayed Knights; Inquisitor; Instant Kingdom; Iron Tower Studios; Logic Artists; Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox; OlderBytes; Rampant Games; Stygian Software; Swords and Sorcery: Underworld; Underrail; Visual Outbreak

As you know, Steam has launched its community rating service, Steam Greenlight, a system that developers can contribute their games to, which can then get upvoted by the community in order to pick those that will be granted the honor of being accepted on Steam. You can read more about it in the official FAQ. However, submissions seem to be unmoderated at the moment, and there's a lot of "white noise" games being submitted, so good ones can get lost and remain unnoticed. Here is a list of indie RPGs currently on Greenlight that might be worthy of your vote, with links to their Greenlight pages:
Obviously, only those with a non-dummy Steam account can up- or downvote a game. Someone should tell the Knights of the Chalice dev to submit it there. Maybe if it makes it on Steam we can finally get a sequel.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is kind of hard to locate promising new games in Steam's interface, unless you already know what you're looking for. Since inclusion on Steam is such an important factor for a game's success nowadays, posting a link and recommendation for voting on Steam Greenlight should be standard practice for any good indie game we find from now on.

thesoup

Arcane
Sticky this thread and update it with new stuff that is worth voting for and notify when something makes it to steam.:salute:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Thanks for the inclusion, Bee. :)

I also ran into Verlies which was discussed here a while back.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, there seems to be a lot of really bad games on those 21 pages...

Except for the ones mentioned by Bee (and even some of those don't look promising) the others look horrendous.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Man, there seems to be a lot of really bad games on those 21 pages...

Except for the ones mentioned by Bee (and even some of those don't look promising) the others look horrendous.

The feature has just been launched - it will probably take time for some of the more serious projects to put something together.

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Anyone know if Dead State is planning to be there? I'm quite surprised it isn't already.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brofisted all of them. Thanks for pointing this out!

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Steam greenlight huh....

Did someone say....KNIGHTS OF THE CHALICE?!

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Crooked Bee, it is possible to create "collections" of games on Greenlight. How about an official Codex collection of recommended games?

I'll look into it, sure.
I just created a "RPGCodex Pet Projects" collection and added all the games on Bee's list: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93274798

Discuss!

P.S. I would also add Kenshi, the samurai free-roaming squad based RPG (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92933311) to the list.

asper

Arcane
It seems a lot of favourites are needed to get a game on steam. Almost everything has 0%, Inquisitor has 1% with 800 votes, so you need 80 000 favourites to get your game on steam...?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Crooked Bee, it is possible to create "collections" of games on Greenlight. How about an official Codex collection of recommended games?

I'll look into it, sure.
I just created a "RPGCodex Pet Projects" collection and added all the games on Bee's list: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93274798

Discuss!

:bro: but wouldn't the Codex staff have preferred to be in charge of this?

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
It seems a lot of favourites are needed to get a game on steam. Almost everything has 0%, Inquisitor has 1% with 800 votes, so you need 80 000 favourites to get your game on steam...?

I think they set the bar very high in the beginning but will adapt to how things go after a while. They really don't want to have to go back and tell people "Sorry, you got 100% but we're not going to include you because many others did as well and they're better."

I don't even understand what "1% Calculated ratings so far" really means in this context. Intentionally vague?

EG

Nullified

Well, looks like PZ dropped to 4% with ~14,000 favorites.

So, some recalibration is in the works, I guess.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

You can consider this as me volunteering to take care of this aspect of the Codex hive. If the current staffers want to do it themselves, deleting a collection is easy as pie. It's not like I get anything out of it. I do it just for the glory of the codex (and the :incline: of RPGs).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

You can consider this as me volunteering to take care of this aspect of the Codex hive. If the current staffers want to do it themselves, deleting a collection is easy as pie. It's not like I get anything out of it. I do it just for the glory of the codex (and the :incline: of RPGs).

OK. So, is that Call of Cthulhu game worthy of inclusion?

Codex threads about it:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/call-of-cthulhu-the-wasted-land-coming-to-pc.71381/
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-wasted-land.67785/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom