Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 to have pretty portraits

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Andrée Wallin; Art!; Brian Fargo; Wasteland 2

Today Brian Fargo revealed (via twitter) how the in-game portraits of Wasteland 2 will look like.

AzD8_EICYAEFuC1.jpg

The portrait Fargo shows us is created by concept artist Andrée Wallin. When I asked Fargo if Wallin would be making all of Wasteland 2's in-game portraits, he said no -- but this is the quality that the other artist(s) will have to aspire to. In other words, expect some nice portraits.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I wish I looked one tenth that badass.

Morkar Left

Didn't he look like one of the soldiers in CoD MW2? (to deliver some bitching fuel for all wannabe bitchers)

Stabwound

Arcane
The concept art looks like it goes in a completely different direction than the in-game concept shot they showed. And the concept art looks much more appealing to me.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
even for modern resolution that is high res for an ingame portrait. I'm guessing they have a separately cropped faceshot and then show you the full thing when you click on the character screen

come on fargo show us a gameplay screenshot with green hues like this, I want some desolate nature once again untamed by man

Now this is some goooooood shit. :thumbsup:

Man this is as fappable as the cover art and scorpitron. Too bad that guy Andre isn't their art director in the game or something, as he seems to really hit the sweet spot with his concept art. This reminds me a bit of JA2 portraits, only better (sharper) and that can only be a good thing.

Cool hand-drawn portraits in the age of generic 3D character heads... one step backwards in technology, one leap up the incline.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
What Johannes said. I like a lot that they have chosen a guy with normal secondary sexual characteristics for that portrait, but the image itself is soulless and a :decline: from the original Wasteland.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Fucking hipsters. CGA graphics are one of the last graphical things I could feel a sentiment to, no matter what they'd show. 4- bit color, yeah, so fucking vibrant and full of soul. Everything is better than the original. Unless it involves bloom and cartoon style with wrong colors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom