Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New info on Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Baldur's Gate; Beamdog

In an attempt to re-new the hype surrounding the $20 fan-patch Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Beamdog/Overhaul Games shut down the website and put up another countdown. You know, like the one they had before. We didn't report on that because seriously.
Anyway, it seems like the countdown reached 00:00, because there is now new stuff up on baldursgate.com.

The new NPCs revealed are: an overpowered Monk, a BioWare-approved romance interest and Sarevok 2.0.

They also revealed The Black Pits, a stand-alone adventure set in the Underdark.

Deep within the Underdark where few dare to tread, the mad drow Baeloth has used his extensive mastery of magic to force a duergar colony into creating an entertainment complex of his own design. He has invited guests from across the realms, from Maztica to Menzoberranzan, and they will readily attend - Baeloth is known to be an excellent showman.​

There are also screenshots up for your viewing pleasure or displeasure.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

If they're going to add new character add a thief ffs. There's already at least 5 mages and a bunch of melee characters, but the only pure theif in the game...
Dies by your hand no matter what.
(Did I really have to spoiler this at this point?)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If they're going to add new character add a thief ffs. There's already at least 5 mages and a bunch of melee characters, but the only pure theif in the game...
Dies by your hand no matter what.
(Did I really have to spoiler this at this point?)

This is BG1, not BG2.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

My bad. That's what I get for not paying attention to this. Thought they were doing the whole series.

edit: $20 for one old game? Seriously?

Cynic

Arcane
This is totally retarded for PC gamers, good for iFags though. My gf never played an has a Mac so probably will encourage her to try it out. Otherwise this is total utter bullshit and a $20 price is huge considering you can get the entire series for less.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
So, how this Trent Oster contributed to the original BG and BG2? Was he significant member of development team or just bug catcher in beta sessions? Or maybe one of those leeches from distribution department?

In any case fucker will be milking iPad market allright! :keepmyjewgold:

Forget PC version, it is just additional money grubbing. CDPRed are the saints in comparison. At least they release all the updates for free, while wailing about "breath-taking gameplay experience :lol: " in said updates.

EDIT:: Fuckin' $19,99 for re-re-re-re-re-release!! Hahaha, WOW! And retards around different forums are salivating all over it :retarded:

Black

Arcane
Who else would you want for your romantic interest if not Mary Sue.

Gord

Arcane
So the only genuinely new stuff are a bunch of NPCs and a few new maps for a stand-alone adventure?

Everything else has been covered by mods for years and for that they charge 20$.

Oh my...

As long as I thought that they might actually deliver "enhanced" artworks, i.e. better character/monster models, even more detailed backgrounds and the like, together with a serious bug-fix package I was actually mildly curious about it, but this is just ridiculous.

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Dorn Il-Khan

He gains his powers from sword and armour - wow they seriously went Blizz. Arthas much?

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
All I can do is laugh at this at this point. They could at least hire an artist who can draw non-lopsided eyes to do their promo artwork.

tehRPness

Educated
Seeing the Dragon Ageish teen angst pervading the character's writing, I realize I knew nothing about the EE up until now. Now I know that EE is going to be another franchise rape, whoop de motherfucking do.
Just when I thought I couldn't die anymore inside.

:edit: It's kind of funny that screenshots and bits of info are so hard to come across. It's almost like they know they should be ashamed.

Gord

Arcane
:edit: It's kind of funny that screenshots and bits of info are so hard to come across. It's almost like they know they should be ashamed.

What would they show? Screenshots of decade old stuff? They don't have much new and the old stuff won't excite anybody.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity

they're calling this shit enhanced? improved with blurry textures it is. ffs, do they don't have artists who are capable of matte painting or at least use 2k textures for the prerendered backgrounds? this for sure look shabbier than the laziest mod.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I seriously don't know what the heck is wrong with you guys.

BG was always cheesy as hell, which is why it was so great and its over-the-top-epicness so awesome.
And the graphics in BG 1 (!!) were never that great. Just in your memories, trust me. I replay that game every odd year, and really, it doesn't look better than the screenshot above.

And they add more of that plus better modding tools for everyone to enjoy plus bugfixes plus tablet support (yeah, the evil new technologies, spooky!) plus...

Okay, the price does seem a bit high for a 10 year old game, that's true.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:retarded: Looks like 3D graphics circa ~2003

Actually those mountains could be from a Simcity 4 map

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
I seriously don't know what the heck is wrong with you guys.
We don't have Trent's cock deep in our throat, for starters.

BG was always cheesy as hell, which is why it was so great and its over-the-top-epicness so awesome.
Moderately cheesy. There were cheesy bits and there were serious bits. It was a pretty straightforward, classic high fantasy romp through Sword Coast. It wasn't fan fiction.

And the graphics in BG 1 (!!) were never that great. Just in your memories, trust me. I replay that game every odd year, and really, it doesn't look better than the screenshot above.
Go eat a dick. Oh, you're already eating Trent's. Well, either your brain is lacking oxygen (because of Trent's cock) or you're just lying. I replay BG every year and it definitely looks better than the shitty screenshots they've released so far. NEWSFLASH: original BG didn't have blur-filter installed and didn't scale it's backgrounds. Beamdogs artists are fucking hacks, end of story.

And they add more of that plus better modding tools for everyone to enjoy plus bugfixes plus tablet support (yeah, the evil new technologies, spooky!) plus...
They add three Mary Sue's to a cast of recruitable characters that really didn't need any to begin with, characters that appear to be perfectly in line with modern Bioware. Romances - including gay ones, mysterious pasts, yadda yadda bullshit. Then they can't even add a seamless extra dungeon or two, no, they're going where the fence is lowest (because they are greedy, lazy hacks) and utilize the Underdark so they can just use nondescript dark caves. Plus they've already said that the whole "adventure" is nothing but arena-like battles in a row. What are the odds that they know 2nd edition AD&D well enough - or that they care enough - to make actually interesting encounters with that framework? Uh, zero.

What are these "better modding tools"? I've heard exactly nothing about them. Considering that they already went around on their promise to improve the character art, I wouldn't hold my breath.

And finally, the game doesn't really need any bugfixes any more. Various fans along the years have squashed them all. All current bugs, AFAIK, are compatibility issues between mods, nothing with the actual native game itself.

So go fuck yourself.
:x

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom