Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #23: Video Q&A

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Harebrained Schemes; Jordan Weisman; Mitch Gitelman; Shadowrun Returns

More Kickstarter-funded CRPG news! This time it's a Q&A video with Jordan Weisman and Mitch Gitelman from Harebrained Schemes. The questions are mostly about Shadowrun Returns, but they also touch on other Shadowrun titles and general... Shadowrun stuff (I don't know).

They also released some new concept art. (Thanks mindx2)

crakkie

Arcane
I like them, just cartoony enough. It's best not to make Navajo Cyber Shaman too realistic. It just ends up being comical.

kazgar

Arcane
New concept art was released as well:

http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/shadowrun-returns-concept-art/

Not so sure about the cartoony look of the characters but I like the city drawings.

gorillaz-movie.gif

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
ork_sketches-Copy.png

Shadowrun: 40 000 :decline:

They need to assign these concept artists some reading material so they know what Shadowrun orks are supposed to look like.

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
I don't like the flash game character concept art (they should go for something like the SNES game instead), but what they say in the video is great. I'm hyped.

FalloutBR

Educated
Not that it matters but I really disliked the cartoony character design... don't we have enough cartoony looking games out already? I know that "dark and gritty" designs done wrong (i.e. Dragon Age) can be a pain in the rear, but going all the other way around will not help either. Those look like they were taken straight from TV cartoons of the 2000's... :decline:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm pleased to hear they pushed back the release date. They got way more money than they asked for, so they should spend extra time making the game bigger and better.

Morkar Left

The cartoon characters are really disappointing and nothing about Shadowrun as shown in the p&p rpg. The city skyline looks good and the interview sounds good, too.

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think the art's pretty good. Too bad it's nothing like shadowrun. We need to start an Unkickstarter where jewgold gets tossed at lawyers to create legal problems for these asshats.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom