Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Successfully Funded

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions

Great news for fans of Dead State (the zombie game not really about zombies). The crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter has ended - and quite successfully so. The final numbers are showing $332,635, more than double the initial target. Congratulations!

takemymoney.png

Mr. and Mrs. Dweller Mitsoda writes:

$332,620! Animals Unlocked at the last sec - that was unbelievable! Thanks to everyone who pledged and believes in our team! You are the best! We had three last minute $5000 backers unlock the animals with minutes to spare. It was an amazing sight to see. I've never seen a community rally behind a developer like this. We are absolutely floored at the response and we can now begin working on the rest of the game.

To all our backers - thank you for your support and continued support. Please visit us on the forums and continue to give us your feedback. We're kind of in awe at the moment, so I'll cut this short. To all our backers, we are going to raise a glass to you tonight and give a toast in your honor. You are amazing! We can't wait to bring Dead State to you! And you'll be right there with us the rest of th e way. From all of us here at DoubleBear - THANK YOU!​

The Codex campaign is currently at $1,353, forcing them to implement quite a few Codex treats into the game. How about an in-game Codex ad poster?! A morale booster item based on Codex... shit?! Portraits?! In-game text messages?! And more!

kaizoku

Arcane
Only $1,353? Perhaps an optional Dumbfuck!!! tag.

But seriously, happy for them. Get a programmer and show us a vidya with some shootans and lootans.
Send them your CV Drog.
The game will need more codex influence in it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Only $1,353? Perhaps an optional Dumbfuck!!! tag.

But seriously, happy for them. Get a programmer and show us a vidya with some shootans and lootans.
Send them your CV Drog.
The game will need more codex influence in it.

He'll spend his entire time on the job whining about the engine (and probably secretly converting the entire project to C4 in his spare time, just to show 'em)

Morkar Left

Congratulations to the very successful kickstarter! I'm really looking forward to the game.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Now they can begin working on the rest of the game?

Uhmm...didn't they say before Kickstarter got off that they were going to finish the game with what they had? Why use Kickstarter at all?

I guess you can't say no to free money, and I for one don't hold it against them.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
Just out of curiosity.... Since estimated members of the Double Bear Production Inc. have expressed 'doubts' that a game (RPG, of course) can be completed in about 18 months, how you are going to pull it off by Dec 2013?

And of course I am assuming that the game drafted completed so far is about, what, a few screenshots and some dialogues?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Just out of curiosity.... Since estimated members of the Double Bear Production Inc. have expressed 'doubts' ...
They did? Bastards!

...that a game (RPG, of course) can be completed in about 18 months, how you are going to pull it off by Dec 2013?
I'd be happy to shed some light on this 'mystary' for you, but it requires Level 1 Reading Comprehension level (to be able to understand what was stated), so I'm afraid you will have to wait a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom