Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Bloodlines fan patch 1.5 released

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; VTMB Unofficial Patch

<a href=http://www.worthplaying.com>Worthplaying</a> is offering a <a href=http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=26019>download</a> of version 1.5 of an unofficial fan patch for Troika's last game, Vampire: Bloodlines. Here's the newest fixes.<blockquote># Fixed Hitman quest bug that showed failure when making them friends.
<br>
# Awarded 1 xp for getting Imalia's magazine to compensate money loss.
<br>
# Lowered award for rescueing Ash from the Society of Leopold to 1 xp.
<br>
# Adjusted knockback ranges for McLusky, SWAT rifle and the shotguns.
<br>
# Corrected some errors in Hitman quest log, dialogues and doll texts.
<br>
# Fixed bugs in the dialogue files of Ash and Velvet for extra lines.
<br>
# Corrected a bug that kept the Santa Monica haven active for Tremere.
<br>
# Provided 1 humanity point for not telling Hannah that Paul is dead.
<br>
# Modified the dialogue files of Damsel and Isaac to fix bad options.</blockquote>Go check it out if you want to play Bloodlines again.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
  • Fixed Hitman quest bug that showed failure when making them friends.
  • Awarded 1 xp for getting Imalia's magazine to compensate money loss.
  • Lowered award for rescueing Ash from the Society of Leopold to 1 xp.
  • Adjusted knockback ranges for McLusky, SWAT rifle and the shotguns.
  • Provided 1 humanity point for not telling Hannah that Paul is dead.

Are those actually bugs or errors being fixed, or are they things gamers disagree with and wanted to be changed?

It's understandable that the Hitman quest should display a failure, considering you are quested with killing one or the other for the key. If you end up doing something different instead, it is failing that quest. If this is the case, there should be a secondary quest associated with the first one that *would* get credited as being successful when you make them friends.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The knockback range for the guns isn't so much a fix as something that needed changing. I can't say I agree with all that other stuff though.

Drakron

Arcane
What I dislike on this patches is when someone decides "hey, acording to the files this is working as its intended but I dont like it and so change it and ship it along with 1001 corrections to bugs".

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Nearly all of the fan patches for Bloodlines so far have been correcting things that work as intended, though.

The first fan patch "corrected" the chatty ghoul quest so that if you told her to leave town, you wouldn't lose a masquerade point. That's definitely a clear case of them just not liking the outcome and changing it rather than fixing something that's broken.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, it's not like developers aren't doing the same.

The question is, do the bugfixes justify using the patch despite the changes?
I haven't even played Bloodlines yet, so should I use the fanpatches to avoid bugs or rather avoid the changes?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The bug fixes don't justify playing the game at all, period. Until they manage to implement all of the engine and performance upgrades in HL2, it's really not worth it. I'd prefer to see a performance upgrading mod, or better yet a 'fan made modification', similar to TOEE, in which they get rid of all the spawning monsters and redo a lot of the combat areas.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Seems to me these fan patches are moving more and more to the mod regions. I don't really think I like some of these changes, especially changes in quest outcomes and quest rewards. I would love to see them add some new content though, especially the combat areas could do with some modding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom