Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Re-design Tacticular Cancer and win a game of your choice (worth $50) +10 years ad-free Codex.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Tacticular Cancer

Since coming back online after our forum upgrade earlier this year, you'd notice that Tacticular Cancer looks much like our parent site, the RPG Codex. In fact, it looks exactly like the RPG Codex. That's because I didn't quite get around to bringing the old TCancer template into the new system...

... and after looking at it, we've decided not to. Our design was a bit crap and it's about time we changed that. So we're having a bit of competition: If you help us re-design Tacticular Cancer, we'll give you a game of your choice, worth up to $50.

It can be any game, from anywhere. We'll give you a gift card worth $30 if possible or we'll just straight out buy it for you. You will also have our eternal gratitude and the knowledge that your sweet design will adorn our glorious front page for years - possible even decades - to come.

We're also giving the winner +10 years worth of ad-free forum access to the Codex. And we're throwing away (just throwing it away!) +5 years worth of ad-free access to everyone who enters (NOTE: It must be a serious entry, MS Paint lulz will not be eligible). That's exciting!!

!!!

We don't have any suggestions for the style, other than "appropriately themed". We'd like to have a design within the next month so we're tentatively putting an end date on the competition of July 31, at which point the best entry we receive will be declared the winner (with one caveat - it assumes we receive some reasonable entries).

Entries should come in the form of screenshots showing the layout, fitting a 1280 x 1024 monitor resolution as a minimum. Upload them to any free image hosting website (eg: tinypic) and then either post your entry in this thread or contact us. And if you've go any questions or need further details, just ask!

BvG

Novice
I make a comment here, because I think it's sad that there's no comment here.

EG

Nullified
Clearly we are the few that care about TC . . . And I don't even visit it. Huh.

damicore

Augur
Has anybody come up with anything at all guys? Because otherwie we could make this thread more of feedback thread.
I'm coming up with something but I think it's not that pertinent to the whole RPGcodex template in terms of colors, shapes or anything. It may look kinda next-gen, too. Should I just keep going and blindly submit when I'm finished?

Disregard this message if you still want to keep this in a sort of contest way.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Why are you people so stupid? True, DU posting this in separate threads doesn't help.
Yeah, well, I knew most people would check Site Feedback. :smug:

Competition closes in 6 days if you want ad-free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom