Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review Fate reviewed

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fate

Our review of Fate, that wacky dungeon crawling action rogue-like from Wild Tangent.

Probably the most important people in town, the ones you'll go to more often, are the quest givers. Quests int he game are simple, randomly generated missions involving the dungeon. They can vary in the goal, which can be to find an item, kill a creature, kill a certain number of creatures, or a combination of those things. In exchange for your time and risking your neck, you'll receive additional experience, fame, and gold. In some cases, you may have an item as a reward as well. It may or may not be as nice as the item you pick up in the quest, though. In cases like that, if you decide you can't live without that quest item, you can simply cancel the quest and keep the item. No one will cry foul over it. After all, you're the one that went down there to get it. Finders keepers.​
Yeah, greed is good.

kodden

Novice
yeah good review! i've been playing this for a week now ..and i just cant stop! :D
havent had any troubles with the minimap tho...does what it should and nothing more.
these guys need to advertise, i mean no one knows about this game!

SirChet

Novice
Alot of fun

Hi all:

Fate is allot of fun to play, and the grafix are surprising for a $20 game. I just entered the 22nd level of the dungeon and havn't seen any reuseing or repetition of areas. The mini map works fine for me , it acts just like a mini map.

BRAVO..............good job........

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The minimap only gets quirky in maps with lots of thin hallways. Other than that, it works great. However, if it didn't work like that, I wouldn't be able to spot rooms on the other side of where I'm at. It really depends on what you're using the minimap for. At the time, I was using it more for "Where have I been" than "Where should I go".

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Saint_Proverbius said:
At the time, I was using it more for "Where have I been" than "Where should I go".
That's what I use the mini-map for, too.
In fact, I learned that spell that unveils the entire level map for you, and found that I had a nightmare trying to work out which parts I had explored. That is a pain when you have those missions that require you to clear out "X muber of Y" from the level and you have only one left that seems to be hiding in some cranny somewhere.
I haven't used the spell since.

hamsterdance

Novice
I just played a bit of the demo and it's very addicting. Gotta get the full game now.

RJ2757

Novice
Somebody Please tell me the link to the Cracked version....I bought the real version but can't use it any more becouse I ran out of unlock codes....
(I wish I would have knew this before I bougth this "Great Game"....)
If you know the sites e-mail it to me....or you can save me the trouble & just send me the unlock codes....Thanx

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
RJ2757 said:
Somebody Please tell me the link to the Cracked version....I bought the real version but can't use it any more becouse I ran out of unlock codes....
Eh? What the hell do you mean by "ran out of unlock codes"?

RJ2757

Novice
DarkUnderlord said:
RJ2757 said:
Eh? What the hell do you mean by "ran out of unlock codes"?

Like I said....
I tried to call the # they gave me to get a new one ,but huh! No help....
Im not going to pay a nother $20....I like the game ,but the cheat codes kinda took the fun away....but I would love to kill some time & play it again ....
So can some one please e-mail me the site with the Cracked version....!

Psilon

Erudite
You seriously expect us to believe that you can "run out of unlock codes?" It's not that they change or anything. Besides, it's $20. Not $200, and especially not $399 for the version with the hard drive and wireless controls.

Ah, what the hell. Here's Jed's code:

EQU1-PTH3-R1N6

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
RJ2757 said:
Like I said....
I tried to call the # they gave me to get a new one ,but huh! No help....
Im not going to pay a nother $20....I like the game ,but the cheat codes kinda took the fun away....but I would love to kill some time & play it again ....
So can some one please e-mail me the site with the Cracked version....!
Yes, but what happened to the original code you had? Mine still works fine. How do you know ours haven't "run out" as well, eh?

Psilon: You bastard. How could you? I'm ashamed to know you.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Right when you finally begin to believe that this site has established a good rep of a forum filled with peace-loving law-abiding internet citizens, someone has to ruin this and post an unlock code. Why? :x

DamnElfGirl

Liturgist
Elwro said:
Right when you finally begin to believe that this site has established a good rep of a forum filled with peace-loving law-abiding internet citizens, someone has to ruin this and post an unlock code. Why? :x

I've definitely been on the Internet too long. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or just stupid.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
DamnElfGirl said:
I've definitely been on the Internet too long. I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or just stupid.
Well, I could've used the :wink: smiley, but this way I got 1 person confused so the day is not lost. :D

Kety

Novice
Fate Unlock Code

Please can someone help me?
I got fate demo, but i have the code with me to unlock it, when i try it doesnt work :(
can someone please give me an unlock code, plz plz plz i will be very thankfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This means alot to me :)
Besides i cant buy game cause my parents won't give me theyr cr card
and im 17 so i haven't got my own, can someone please send me to email unlock code please!!!
*hugs to all fate players*
^_^
~xXKetyXx~ :D

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Okay, but only because you'll be thankful:

P4U1-N3WM-4N5U-CK51

Kety

Novice
DarkUnderlord said:
Okay, but only because you'll be thankful:

P4U1-N3WM-4N5U-CK51
Thank you soooo muuuch!!!!!
But..eh.....I got problem it says i have invalid code.
what does this mean?
i mean i downloaded demo version, is it posible if i unlock code that you gave me and it works?So why doesnt it work for me?
maybe you could send me NO CD crack plz plz plz?
I love this game soo much :'( and im very thankfull for your help....i wish it could work :D
is there posibility that it might work if someone could send me full game or something?
Please help me out this once again :)(i hope)
~xXKetyXx~

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom