Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dead State Kickstarter: 50% Reached, First Stretch Goal Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Dead State; DoubleBear Productions; Kickstarter

With over 50% of the $150,000 already collected, DoubleBear has announced the first stretch goal for the Dead State Kickstarter: if $180,000 is reached, the developers will implement more weapons in the game.

Update #2: Stretch Goal #1 - The Weapon Pack

Some of you have asked for special game items within the tiers, as that has been a part of several rewards for other games. We go a little into this in the FAQ, but to reiterate, our philosophy is that we think that if we create content for the game, everyone should benefit. Much like the shelter in the game, we’re hoping that all our backers can pitch in for the benefit of everyone’s Dead State experience. For example, if you’d usually bump up your support by $5 for a few vanity items, how about throwing in that $5 to get us to a stretch goal that will add over a dozen weapons to the game? Instead of DLC, we’re offering up a “pay what you can” to help buy the “Weapon Pack” for everyone – and really, that’s better than an in-game shirt or pair of sneakers, right?

I should probably explain about weapons in our game. While we have quite a few weapons in the game, we believe in functionality over brute strength. There will be some upgrades to basic weapon types, but our weapons are designed with pros and cons that factor in their weight, damage, reload time and ammo scarcity, special abilities, and type of damage. Adding more weapons offers up a lot more strategic options for you and your party and even gives you some new special weapons to play with. Here’s a breakdown of our first stretch goal, the Weapon Pack:

-Tiller – A 2-handed spiky melee polearm that can cause bleeding.

-Kukri - A 1-handed melee knife that is great at causing limb damage.

-Crossbow - A 2-handed ranged weapon that is much quieter than guns.

-Flare Gun – A unique 1-handed ranged weapon that is guaranteed to set targets on fire.

-Bola – A special thrown weapon that stops targets in their tracks.

-Bottle of Acid – A special thrown weapon that burns and can cause panic - also it’s acid!

-Bowie Knife – A 1-handed melee knife capable of inflicting a lot of damage.

-Repeating Lever-Action Rifle – A 2-handed ranged weapon that’s all-around reliable.

-Antique Revolver – A 1-handed pistol that makes you feel like a cowboy.

-MSG-10 SMG – A 2-handed ranged weapon – unload responsibly.

But wait – there’s more! That’s right, we’re also posting a poll at our forums to vote on the last three weapons for the pack. That’s thirteen total weapons in the weapon pack! If that sounds like something you’d appreciate playing with in Dead State, consider throwing in a few extra bucks or even bump up you pledge to a higher tier. The money helps us bring another artist on full-time.

And how about this – if we make our stretch goal within five days, we’ll add the FOUR top weapons on our poll as a bonus. For our first stretch goal, let’s try to reach $180,000.​

If you feel like helping Dead State make the stretch goal, or simply want to give the project a look if you still haven't, head over to the project's Kickstarter page to make or manage your pledge.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
-Bottle of Acid – A special thrown weapon that burns and can cause panic - also it’s acid!

:andhaira:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
-Tiller – A 2-handed spiky melee polearm that can cause bleeding.​
-Crossbow - A 2-handed ranged weapon that is much quieter than guns.​
-Antique Revolver – A 1-handed pistol that makes you feel like a cowboy.​

Well, these weapons are definitely are worth 30k.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Seems awfully early to be announcing stretch goals. I liked the way Fargo did it, where he did it shortly before or after reaching the current one.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems awfully early to be announcing stretch goals. I liked the way Fargo did it, where he did it shortly before or after reaching the current one.

I was thinking the same thing. Why announce stretch goals before the initial funding has even been reached? Putting the cart before the horse. Regardless, it looks like I'll have to up my pledge when they announce their box copy!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Hat's off. The excloooooooosive in-game items given away by tier donation is lame. Good to see they're doing it the right way.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
I guess putting this stretch goal out early killed 2 birds with one stone by addressing all those people that wanted exclusive items.

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
Man, no love for stretch goals? I've heard MAN YOU SHOULD NO DO SO EARLY and also alternatively STOP FUCKING AROUND AND JUST POST ALL YOUR STRETCH GOALS ALREADY. Oh internet, you fickle creature, you!

(btw brofist to Crooked Bee for posting this! Woo!)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
U gonna include skill checks in weapon usage to initiate critical failure?

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I already happily pledged 30 bucks, but the first stretch goal is kind of meh. I guess most stretch goals are either pretty vague content things or shitty live orchestra types anyways. Just make enough so that you can hire another person or two to get this shit rolling.

RK47

Patron
I recommend we donate a large sum to insert a latin girl with witch background so we can have a spell book in the game. And stuffies.

EG

Nullified
Urge to . . . donate . . . fading. Fading.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Happily pledging, but.... Are more weapons really what a zombie survival RPG with morals, panic, etc. needs?

Well, it won't do any bad, I guess.

EG

Nullified
Annie Mitsoda . . . So, is this going to prove out to be a lie when it comes to Fallout-like qualities, as Age of Decadence did? (Damn you, Vince!)

MCA
What I'm wondering is, how they will manage the time aspect. I hope it won't be like in Jagged Alliance where you only had time until the dusk after which your men automatically returned to the base. Will our party automatically return to the school?

RK47

Patron
On a more serious note, handling chainsaws and the likes aren't something that an average guy could do IRL, so yeah, I'm curious on what sort of weapon skill category are they gonna put it under.

On a more serious note, handling chainsaws and the likes aren't something that an average guy could do IRL, so yeah, I'm curious on what sort of weapon skill category are they gonna put it under.

Yes...perhaps they could institute a Ph.D in Chainsaw handling. That way even normal people could wield one of these high tech devices...

Such modules as "How to mix two stroke oil with unleaded petrol" and "I have to lube my chain?!?" can be in the first semester...

As for the topic, whatever. So long as the game is completed and works out to be a good TB CRPG, they can include a killer blow up doll for all I care...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Probably the same "get yourself killed like a retard" category than katanas. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom