Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Skyrim DLC Dawnguard Official Trailer Released

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Dawnguard; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Bethesda Softworks has released the official trailer for Skyrim DLC, or rather "add-on" as Bethesda calls it, Dawnguard:

Dawnguard is a "timed exclusive," meaning it is scheduled to be released this summer first on the Xbox 360 and only a month later on other platforms, including the PC.

Deleted member 7219

I didn't really see anything to be interested in. Looks like they're retreading the same ground as far as DLC goes. New castle to LARP in, new bad guys and a new faction to join. Nothing like the complexity of Tribunal or Bloodmoon. A shame.

They could have learned a thing or two from what Obsidian did for New Vegas.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
I could agree but they will probably add more content than Bioware to every single DLC for ME3 and DA2.
Do I need to add what was the first DLC to Oblivion?
:troll:
So its improvement.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I didn't really see anything to be interested in. Looks like they're retreading the same ground as far as DLC goes. New castle to LARP in, new bad guys and a new faction to join. Nothing like the complexity of Tribunal or Bloodmoon. A shame.

They could have learned a thing or two from what Obsidian did for New Vegas.

That'd require some degree of care and competence outside of Bethesda's comfort zone.

At least the vampires will be a whole lot more interesting now. Perhaps even more interesting than in Morrowind. Also: CROSSBOWS!

I'm not exactly quite at the "OMG INSTABUY" junction though. I want to see exactly how much they add before I throw money at their stupid TES online project.

MCA
LOLWUT? Have you even seen TES:O screens or read on it? It's an entirely different game from a different studio plus the MMO! thing. Why would anyone, a Codexer much less, even consider playing it, is beyond me.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
It also uses he SWTOR engine. HERO ENGINE FOR HEROES OF NIRN.

GRINDING MUDCRABS AND STACKING ELDER SCROLLS 4 SEPTIMS TO BUY EPIC MOUNT ARMOR.

Perfect timing for raining on the potato parade.

Vampires vs vampire hunters, werewolves vs werewolf hunters, dragons vs dragon hunters, brilliant.

LOLWUT? Have you even seen TES:O screens or read on it? It's an entirely different game from a different studio plus the MMO! thing. Why would anyone, a Codexer much less, even consider playing it, is beyond me.

I guess my point was lost on you: Buying Dawnguard would throw money at TES Online, and I don't want to throw any fucking money at TES Online.

Perhaps I should have been more clear in my post. Oh well.

Deleted member 7219

Buying it would contribute money to Elder Scrolls Online in the long run. Bethesda are owned by Zenimax, and Zenimax Online Studios are making ESO.

Black

Arcane
So what, many Codexers love throwing money at bethesda/zenimax. Just ask how many bought NV and its DLCs.

MCA
I guess the point is that Obsidian were commissioned, without any cut from the sales and they also ended up not getting bonuses either, so all of us who has bought the game, could do without doing so since it didn't do anything for Obsidian, and wouldn't do either. Well, they improved their reputation with FNV a little but still.

I do think they were recommissioned or got a cut from DLCs, though. Four story DLCs, last of which was released as late as a year later.

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
It worked out so well for Obsidian too! Maybe if more Codexers would've bought it Obsidian wouldn't have to fire all those people:hmmm:
Maybe you should check your facts. Maybe they were fired for some other reason.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought Skyrim already had vampires.

Fought some wampires during Frost quest near Riften.... but they were monsters and attacked me on sight.... Or maybe I attacked them? :oops:
DLC is retarted as helll... but horse fighting and crossbows are worthy the pain of killing some F3 style Emo faggots.... they're not Morrowind vampires clans.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
The Morthal sidequest involved a hot vampire waitress, did it not?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom