Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Strategic RPG Legends of Eisenwald Kickstarter: Funding Goal Surpassed, 7 Days To Go

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald

Aterdux Entertainment's Legends of Eisenwald, the turn-based strategic RPG on which we did an extensive interview not so long ago, has surpassed its Kickstarter goal of $50,000 with almost $55,000 in donations as I'm writing this, and is looking forward to attract even more donations in the week left before the campaign ends to make the game even better. Here's the official press release:

Belarusian studio, Aterdux Entertainment, is proud to announce that its strategic RPG, Legends of Eisenwald, hit its Kickstarter target of $50,000 with eight days to spare.

Having already taken the game to alpha, the Minsk-based developer impressed gamers and media alike with their Kickstarter pitch and plans to release the game on PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7) later this year.

With one week still remaining until the funding deadline of 12:00am Tuesday 22 May, the team are hoping to raise additional funds to further increase the scope and quality of the game and have asked their fans to have a say in how these funds are spent.

Highlights:
  • Strategic RPG with two distinct forms of gameplay
  • Questing on world map and turn-based combat in vivid battlefields
  • Tightly refined fast-paced battle system
  • Deep skill trees and customization
  • Large variety of quest goals
  • Releasing on PC in Q4 2012
Aterdux CEO Alexander Dergay describes Legends of Eisenwald as a "Knight-errant simulation". Essentially a blend of two distinct games into one epic experience, a beautifully detailed strategy map provides the setting for finding & taking quests, recruiting troops, and choosing siege or visit castles. Once the player assaults an enemy force, or is waylaid in the wilds, they are taken right down into the battlefield, where they control their forces in a deep yet superbly streamlined turn-based combat simulator.​

If you haven't yet supported Legends of Eisenwald, you can visit its Kickstarter page to see if it's your kind of game and study the reward tiers and stretch goals.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aterdux are bastards ;)....now they dare introduce a $35 that includes all the post release addons(DLC)! Now what do I do? Mr Aterdux had better come here and tell me that the addons won't be too costly as I don't think I can swing this tier at the moment having given to Tex Murphy as well.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
We don't plan to do future DLC expensive. Yet, new $35 reward is still a very good deal. All those stretch goals in the vote will eventually be in the game. I was thinking more support would be for two stage castle assault but right now this is in the 4th place. Also, new reward has digital soundtrack - so many asked about bringing it to a lower level reward, we couldn't refuse.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
yeah, I would choose castle assault too (I will pledge, just currently I'm all cash and zero account)
so which option is winning currently?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, now I will have another boxed game sitting on my shelf. I'll call it my "Kickstarter Collection" with the Double Fine Adventure, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns, Xenonauts (hopefully) and Legends of Eisenwald boxes gracing my shelf!! Of course, then MCA's... and Dead State... and......... my this is getting rather expensive!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
We don't plan to do future DLC expensive. Yet, new $35 reward is still a very good deal. All those stretch goals in the vote will eventually be in the game. I was thinking more support would be for two stage castle assault but right now this is in the 4th place. Also, new reward has digital soundtrack - so many asked about bringing it to a lower level reward, we couldn't refuse.

Well I hope that even if castle assault doesn't make it now it will be in some expansion later on. Hell, I'd still like the seasonal graphic change at some point as I really enjoy the art style as it is and want to see more, but of course again, that could be in a patch or part of a DLC later so it's not a big deal at the moment.

I think I'll have to meet you guys half way though: I cannot afford an upgrade yet, but I will still buy a 'Legends of Eisenwald Gold Edition GOTY' version with everything eventually on top of my basic pledge. Assuming of course you will release one(hope you do).

so which option is winning currently?

The storyfag option...the one I picked first.. :smug:
I hate random map skirmishes, I need a reason for my genocidal antics.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
And that's why we don't get nice things like castle assault and upgrades.

What's so great about castle upgrades? You have them in HOMM 1, HOMM 2, HOMM 3, HOMM 4, HOMM 5, HOMM 6....As for castle assault, well it's two battles back to back...and?

I'd much rather a better story and more quests than an extra battle. Combat fags...that's why we get souless popamoles these days...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
They get extra story for 10k extra, right? I hope they don't reach it just to spite you.

.that's why we get souless popamoles these days...

Yes, those popamoles that are 90% cutscenes and dialogues. Like your precious Alphaturd. I see how it's the fault of "combat fags".

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
They get extra story for 10k extra, right? I hope they don't reach it just to spite you.

.that's why we get souless popamoles these days...

Yes, those popamoles that are 90% cutscenes and dialogues. Like your precious Alphaturd. I see how it's the fault of "combat fags".

My precious alphaturd? LOL. That the best you can do motherfucker?

Why not look at it in context: you want combat in your combat so you can fight while you fight....that's what you're basically asking for with the castle combat. What's so great about having an extra battle? You can tack that stuff on without any effort. Adding a richer story experience in a game that is basically a bunch of quests rather than a free for all, is much more important and difficult. Cue the howling "hurr, durr...too many fetch quests" from people like you if the story isn't developed well enough. This isn't HOMM where the story is secondary to just fucking over everything on a map and rinsing and repeating.

Anyway, don't shit yourself, I'm all for making the castle sieges more desperate, I just don't think it needs a $10000 extra goal for an extra combat screen with a castle texture in the background. THAT'S why I voted for the storyline as it's the most complex of the things on offer there.

I'd much rather a better story and more quests than an extra battle. Combat fags...that's why we get souless popamoles these days...

Where's the negative brofist when you need it :what:

I already looked for one regarding your posts without success.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
No need for something else. You buried yourself in crap by claiming the "combat fags" are guilty for popamoles.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
No need for something else. You buried yourself in crap by claiming the "combat fags" are guilty for popamoles.

No, you're already buried in crap yourself with an inability to fucking think. As I just said, it was a pragmatic decision to pick story enhancement as the next tier rather than the others.

Combat fags are guilty for popamoles it's true. That's why instead of proper RPG's we get ADHD clickety click H&S cause fuckers like you just want to kill shit without worrying about puzzles or depth or story. That's also why repetitive boss fight laden and pot smashing linear dungeon crawlers like Derp Souls are hailed as the greatest things evah cause you got all the combat you want(shame there's nothing else).

FeelTheRads

Arcane
OK, apparently we have different concepts about the term "popamole".

Popamole is 90% cutscenes and dialogues and the rest corridor shooter sprinkled with retarded minigames. In other words: Alpha Protolol.
And only story fags, the likes of you (which are the majority of "gamers" today) are guilty for those abominations.

If you think "combat fags" are enjoying this kind of "games", you're a moron.

Also: you're a moron if you call me a "combat fag", Torment being one of my favorite games. But yeah, I'm sorry I actually want some gameplay in my games. At least Torment had a decent text adventure game underlay. Alphaturd has nothing.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
OK, apparently we have different concepts about the term "popamole".

Popamole is 90% cutscenes and dialogues and the rest corridor shooter sprinkled with retarded minigames. In other words: Alpha Protolol.
And only story fags, the likes of you (which are the majority of "gamers" today) are guilty for those abominations.

If you think "combat fags" are enjoying this kind of "games", you're a moron.

Also: you're a moron if you call me a "combat fag", Torment being one of my favorite games. But yeah, I'm sorry I actually want some gameplay in my games. At least Torment had a decent text adventure game underlay. Alphaturd has nothing.

You combatfags are so easily trolled aren't you? It's that reptilian brain of yours...you can only focus on one small thing with aggression. That is why you cannot comprehend the larger point I was making about priorities and form regarding the game.

'Popamole' is a general term now for all next gen simplified shit, in whatever form it takes. You aren't using it correctly either. Wanting a game like LoE to be just pure combat is 'popamolification' just like with all those 'clickety click' games you want it to emulate.
So you like Torment eh? Congratulations. I'm impressed. Hardly anyone does around here...:M

Oh and please stop criticizing AP..I don't know if I can take any more...really, I'm going to cry. Actually I see the light now, better go back to my Gold Box games. Thanks for setting me straight FRads!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You combatfags are so easily trolled aren't you?

"huuur, i'm not actually dumb i wuz just trolling"

Can't even admit you were talking about something completely different, huh?

So you like Torment eh? Congratulations. I'm impressed.

So, this is trolling or just being retarded again? I don't give a shit about impressing you, fucktard. You just simply can't call somebody who likes Torment a combat fag. mondblut is a combat fag, for example, seeing how he essentially denies the existence of the adventure genre in gaming.

But, to get back to this game. Their mechanics seem rather basic, so I'd rather have more complexity. If you think some "improved story for 10k plz" is gonna make the game much better, you're deluded.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Backed one week ago.

Edit: But I don't condone the crap with future DLCs.

Captain Shrek

Supported.

Can someone explain to me how are making do with so "less" amount?

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Supported.

The developers are Russian I think? They don't get paid nearly as a much as an American or Western European. Plus, I think the game is more than half done already so they're not building from scratch.

Captain Shrek

Hmm.
Supported.

The developers are Russian I think? They don't get paid nearly as a much as an American or Western European. Plus, I think the game is more than half done already so they're not building from scratch.

Because the graphics look quite nice. So they are not cutting corners there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom