Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News MSFD's cryptic prophecy of the day

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Fallout 3

An internet entity known as Bethesda's <b>MrSmileyFaceDude</b> has made the <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13229>following post</a> at <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/>NMA</a>:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Hey, you leave Battlespire out of this!
<br>
<br>
Anyway, Fallout 3 will be very, very different from Oblivion (or any other TES game). It won't be "Morrowind with guns". It won't even be "Oblivion with guns".</blockquote>
<br>
Ok, ok, we've got the message. Fallout 3 will be Oblivion with sharp and pointy objects.
<br>
<br>
<br>

Astromarine

Erudite
First thought on reading this: "OMG they'll take the guns away from Fallout".

What does that say for the trust I have for the company? :)

crpgnut

Augur
I'm just guessing here, but I imagine Bethesda's Devs will be glad to tackle something that is not Elder Scrolls related for a change. MSFD, WormGod, Mav, etc have been living ES for 6+ years. Even if they love Tamriel, I bet it will be nice to move on after all this time.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
OMG LOLERSKATES BETHESDA sUx0rs. I read that bethy will be theae anti-crist when i reed that ominus profhesy! HIGH FIFE DUDES! :roll:

When FO3 begins full production after Oblivion is done and you're working on it, good luck to you SmileyFaceDude.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Vault Dweller <3 Bethesda.

Fallout 3 is gonna be so poo. Theres no way everything will come through good. People will defend it, though, 'steamlined Fallout brought to the mainstream markets!'

Morrowind/Oblivion with guns or not, it's just not gonna be good, as a Fallout game or an RPG.

Bethesda makes action games better then they do RPGs.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
I'd rather they make it than Bioware, personally. At least I know Volourn's with me on this one.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
Pre-production. I believe it was said that they like to work on one game in full production at a time (I might be wrong), so once Oblivion is done they will move to FO3.

NeutralMilkHotel

Liturgist
space captain said:
What pressure? A couple hundred people posting on the internet? Whoa there!

no - the legacy itself... its more than just the outspoken fans. the series is recognized quite widely as a classic

I know. I just figured you meant the pressure was something new from recent fan comments because of the "the fucking pressure is on".

Vykromond

Scholar
NeutralMilkHotel said:
space captain said:

no - the legacy itself... its more than just the outspoken fans. the series is recognized quite widely as a classic

I know. I just figured you meant the pressure was something new from recent fan comments because of the "the fucking pressure is on".

The fucking pressure is on!

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Vykromond said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
space captain said:

The fucking pressure is on!

NO MORE FREE RIDES, BETHESDA!!!!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I sense no delays. Bethesda works on their own time frame. They don't have the added burden of having their titles shoved out the door by Atari or Activision.

Rulion

Liturgist
To me, Bethesda are coming closest to making REALLY good games. I love their worlds - the utter size and the graphics are always amazing for the time. I just wish they had the BG2 writers or something. Their graphics with PS:T/BG dialogue would absolutely blow me away.

obediah

Erudite
I definitely don't feel the Bethesda hate that others do. Morrowind with guns wouldn't do a very good job of scratching my fallout itch, but I think it could be a decent game in it's own right. Morrowind with guns and decisions/quests that have more significant affects on the game world would be something I wouldn't kick out of bed.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimisitic, which about as high as my gamedar goes these days. A far cry from "fanboi berserker rage" that I hit before the Fallout 1&2, BG2, and Torment releases, but better than the "pretty sure it will blow, but I'll check three reviews before writing it off for sure", or "dear fucking god, I can't believe they're doing this to me again" that are the norm.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
who are you guys kidding? the second we get screenshots or gameplay video we'll be fucking frothing at the mouth. we'll also all have our pre orders in whether or not there are talking deathclaws in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom