Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPGCodex declines into Facebook, children scream in terror

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Facebook; RPG Codex; Twitter

After much SUCCESS!? with our move into the Twitter-sphere where @RPGCodex Twitter Girl Crooked Bee twits away daily to all the other twits, we have continued the slide into social media hell by creating an Official (as opposed to the old one) RPG Codex Facebook Page.

Managed by Grunker, the page promises to decline the codex further by repeating news updates, and content and stuff so that it can spam your news feed.

And if the Codex ever goes down, no doubt we will be able to keep our users informed by posting informative posts there like "the codex is down".

Chris Avellone likes it and so should you¹.

¹Chris Avellone may not in fact like the RPG Codex Facebook page at this point in time, but I'm certain he will eventually.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
facebook-dislike-button.png

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
:decline:.Twitter,Facebook,what's next,an iphone app?Oh wait I just gave them an idea didn't I?:rage:
Also why do the Codex facebook emoticons have Pete:balance: but not Todd:hearnoevil:?

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
The streamlining continues!

Next update: TES online front-page add for some $$.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Let the butthurt commence! Please direct all rage and death-threats in my direction. DU is but an approving bystander wanting to witness the shitstorm of awesome.

Wouldn't a group have been more appropriate than a page?

Not in my mind. A page allows us to:

1) Act as a profile (for interacting with both people and pages - namely developers)
2) Connect our RPGCodex to our Twitter, so news connect between the two entities
3) Add other pages to ours so we get updates from them and can repost news
4) The prospects of RPGCodex acting as a profile to troll the Bioware-page are simply just too glorious!

Also why do the Codex facebook emoticons have Pete but not Todd

is fixed, yes

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Grunker, I see you have adjusted your title accordingly already.

Also, major decline. The unwashed masses might find codex much easier now.

Prediction: DU & Co. are working on some facebook codex-themed game to earn jewgold from ads or your privacy on fb. Notice, that I have used term "codex-themed" instead of "codexian", as the latter seems incompatible with things such as facebook. We have enough of our own decline in here, thank you very much.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Well, if I start getting tranny ads sent to my email in the near future, I'll know why...
And yes, that's really me snorting coke off of Megan Fox's tits. Now delete that picture before somebody edits it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I really don't see the point in this.

Well, there are a number of reasons:

1) For those who use Facebook a lot (like me) for a number of things, having news posted on my Home is a lot more convinient than the Codex news-page (which I forget to check).

2) Developers we like, developers we don't like, as well as all the Kickstarter projects that have surfaced, use Facebook. We can use the page to interact with them. For example, I communicate with the Lead Designer of Legend of Eisenwald via the page.

3) A stunning amount of game-news are actually posted and discussed on Facebook and not many other places. Having a page allow the admins of it to add stuff to our list, so that it comes up on RPGCodex' home. I.e., more news, faster.

4) Lastly, it is an experiment for the lulz, and I don't see it needing another reason, really.

x4nti

Educated
1) For those who use Facebook a lot (like me) for a number of things, having news posted on my Home is a lot more convinient than the Codex news-page (which I forget to check)

The non-retarded way to keep updated is to use an rss-reader, oh wait.... the codex' rss-stream has been non-working for months (?).

I think that for a news-site having such a basic feature is more important than a bloody facebook-page.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
1) For those who use Facebook a lot (like me) for a number of things, having news posted on my Home is a lot more convinient than the Codex news-page (which I forget to check)

The non-retarded way to keep updated is to use an rss-reader, oh wait.... the codex' rss-stream has been non-working for months (?).

I think that for a news-site having such a basic feature is more important than a bloody facebook-page.

No reason to not have both. I can't make an RSS-feed, however.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So this is why you needed those huge RPG Codex headers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom