Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Legends of Eisenwald Kickstarter Update With Combat Video

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Aterdux Entertainment; Legends of Eisenwald

Aterdux Entertainment, the developer behind Legends of Eisenwald, has just posted Update #2 on Kickstarter. Included in the update is a video showing off the combat in the game's current alpha version.

Thank you everybody for your ongoing support and encouragement! With your help we are at 40% now and things are just bound to get better and to celebrate this we are very happy to show you our combat video!
Please note, our game is still in alpha, and quite a few things are missing – there are no hints which makes unclear how many hits will be taken from a unit. Also, there are no visual effects for spells and low-mode shaders are used.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Looks good, like a mixture of HoMM and Disciples.
While I don't mind vying for positions I'm perfectly fine with this too.

Since it's Alpha I'm aware it's not finished but here some things that I'd like to see in a finished version:
Cursor changing to show what will happen (crossed swords over an enemy: attack; hearts over an ally: healing, etc)
2-3 attack animations. (Wounds showing on wounded units is also awesome)
Some blood.
Faster animations, especially for walking (different speeds could be put in Options).

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
I agree.
Also.. i'm not a fan of the bar on the left showing turns like in the later HoMMs, as it is handholding, i like figuring initiative out myself.
But that is nitpicking on my part.

zeitgeist

Magister
What about the actual options each unit has each turn? How many spells, skills, attack/defend options and so on will they have? How many unit types will there be and will there be major differences in what they do on the battlefield? What is the customization like in terms of skills, stats, equipment loadouts, spell choices, and so on? Is each unit in fact a RPG-like customizable character or just a generic "piece"? Do the units have any (passive) roles in the group apart from the immediately obvious?

Will there be impenetrable obstacles, various terrain bonuses (cover, attack/defense bonus, units traversing some types of terrain more quickly or slowly etc), pieces of terrain you can use in other ways (or even destroy)?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
What about giving pikemen chance for hitting from one tile further than most but with lower damage? Not sure would it work well enough without larger battlemap.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I really like what I've seen in the video. It's like Disciples, only more fluid and tactical - you do move here.
I only hope that in the full game there will be many special skills/attacks, not just ATTACK and DEFEND. And also tile bonuses or penalties.

anyway, :thumbsup:

Johannes

Arcane
I just hope the battles aren't designed so that you're expected to win most battles without losses (and therefore made so easy that they can be). Losing your own guys makes the battles more interesting both tactically and strategically, regardless of if it's permadeath for the fallen or if you can heal them up later (though I'd prefer the latter, with healing/resurrecting costing significant resources).

"We lost 2 men in this battle, so we must retry" is not something I like in a strategy game.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
This is alpha, so yes, visual effects, hints, indications etc. will be added. That's one of the biggest parts we have to work on to finish our game. Different speeds of moving will be added too, configurable in Options. And pikemen can hit with long pikes from far, so they can be placed in the second row in the beginning.

As for all other details - each unit is customizable but only a hero is customizable with different skills via upgrades. And units can receive a skill or a bonus with some artifacts.

Losing 2 men in battle was an example to show that different setups and tactics lead to different outcomes. And we will have difficulty levels, so I think most players will be able to find what they like :)

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Obviously, I played Discord times :) But apart from that I think commie was playing it not so long ago...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom