Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect 3: New Content for Clarity

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

Do you feel the Mass Effect 3 ending wasn't satisfactory? That it left too many questions unanswered? Fear not, for BioWare will provide more content for "clarity" soon, Ray Muzyka promises.

To that end, since the game launched, the team has been poring over everything they can find about reactions to the game – industry press, forums, Facebook, and Twitter, just to name a few. The Mass Effect team, like other teams across the BioWare Label within EA, consists of passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
passionate people who work hard for the love of creating experiences that excite and delight our fans. I’m honored to work with them because they have the courage and strength to respond to constructive feedback.
:hero:

IT TAKES COURAGE AND STRENGTH TO DEAL WITH THE INTERNET BAD MEN BECAUSE YOU DID A SHITTY JOB.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Word count : Art (5), Passion (5), Deep (3), Emotion (2), Incredibly Painful (1), Trust (1), New Mass Effect Content (1)

Erebus

Arcane
He doesn't say how much the "True Ending" DLC is going to cost.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So, IMO they knew people would eat as much effectu as possiblu and sales would be good, so they scrapped the trilogy idea and slapped those endings without wrapping things up to have an option of making more DLCs and probably going all the way COD with it, making more and more sequels on the way. With all that, they still talk about passionate art and deep emotion.
I think this is the new low "rapeges" have fallen. There is being biowarish naive, and there is being just malicious. And those guys are just lawful-evil by my handbook.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Did people really think they would shut the Mass Effect franchise down if it kept making money?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why are people this upset about the ending? Seriously.

Because it's shit.

I'm not even talking about the pseudo-intellectual and quasi-moral choice of the whole stupid AI-child sequence. It could be deemed passable if there wasn't the stupid walking part. Whoever thinks that walking slowly is cool or immersive deserves to be shot. The problem is that the endings don't make sense. Why do mass effect relays have to explode? How come them exploding doesn't cause a star-system wide destruction as it did in the ME2 DLC "The Arrival"? How the fuck do you merge organics and synthetics via some kinda of ray? How come Shep can't dodge one crappy reaper ray if he did dodge them two times already? He should be getting better and better at it...

(Plot-rays - the best weapon against plot-armor! Buy one now for just 10 KKK and receive one free! Local stupidity tax may apply.)

The ending is rage-inducing because it craps on the series terribly. ME is what it is. It's not an RPG, it's a mediocre, cover-based shooter with some stats slapped on it, all wrapped up in pulp-quality story, terrible dialog system, and false choices.

Those crappy choices gave you at least kind of different cutscenes and dialog lines. The endings differ in COLOR (wonder if they would go with CMY instead of RGB if this was a comic book) and the texture on leaves. This feels terribly unsatisfying.

I enjoyed ME, even though it's not prestigious to be liked on codex. But the ending, and the whole closure on your relations with all the crew members seemed terribly cobbled together and not make any sense at all, even considering the general low level of sense in the universe.

And the worst, most annoying thing is that the whole final sequence felt like one giant dream/nightmare sequence (which would explain the stupidity to a certain degree) and pretty much screams THERE WILL BE DLC FOR THE REAL ENDING PREPARE MORE MONEY!

MCA
BAAAAWWWWWWW

I read a couple days ago that some entitled piece of shit who had bought the game, returned it to Amazon for full price because he didn't like the ending.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not bawwwwing. My problem with the ending is that the whole series is crappy in a certain kind of way. The ending is shitty in a different way. There is no consistency.

Still, returning the game because you didn't like the ending is retarded.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I'm not bawwwwing. My problem with the ending is that the whole series is crappy in a certain kind of way. The ending is shitty in a different way. There is no consistency.

Still, returning the game because you didn't like the ending is retarded.
He got a refund, seems very smart to me.

Fluffer

Novice
An EA Division. End of rine. The ending is nonsensical mental diarrhea. Funny thing is, since they've plagiarized entire concepts (inb4 parthenogenesis) they didn't bother to give a proper solution to the (lol) drama. It had to end with a fucking shitty deus ex. Don't get me wrong, I like dx's when they are intelligent (e.g. Night's Dawn naked singularity is an awesome concept) but this is infantile shit.

I see many parallels with Star Control and I think they should go that way. Or have Derpard fly to, say, a lone galaxy somewhere in the middle of the Bootes to find the origins of the Reapers or something like that. That they are remnants of proto star systems, non organic intelligence, a force of nature interconnected to the fabric of this universe since the beggining. Make it a journey, not a corny drama. :sigh:

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
Casey can go fuck himself.. round-a-bout talking schmohawk.

At least Ray's statement seemed like he personally sat in with his PR team to develop his blog post.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Now that is seriously going to upset the execs at EA. expect heads to roll at bioware in the near future.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yaar, you forgot the Reapers putting human friendly color coded consoles on the citadel despite Shep being the 'first organic to make it that far'. Wasn't it nice of them to think of it in advance? Was doubly nice of them to put a 'push button to destroy us' console as well.

As for the magic ray, why couldn't they have thrown any organic creature over the last few million years into it if that's all it took to 'create balance in the universe'? Why do the cycle of death over and over when it could have been stopped from the start? What fucking idiots would have created sentient machines that exist to kill people who want to create sentient machines?

Even with all this bullshit you could sort of blow it off as 'indoctrination' as there actually are hints of it throughout the game, nevermind obvious things like the reaper avatar thing being in the form of the kid from Shep's nightmare(they'd only know this if they were in his brain) but that actually suggests that the Reapers have won and everything you bothered doing until then, saving civilizations, collecting war resources etc. is absolutely meaningless. If Shep is indoctrinated by the end then it's only in his mind that he is controlling, merging with or destroying the Reapers. In reality they are doing what they do best.

This more reasonable from a logical point of view ending(though shit from a gamers point of view) is undermined by the shot of the Normandy and the robo eyed crew emerging or not, along with Buzz Aldrin crapping on about the tales of Shep at the end...unless of course you accept that Buzz is actually talking after the completion of the DLC or Mass Effect 4, 5 and 6 when Shep throws off the indoctrination and finally kicks Reaper ass YEEAAAHHH!!!!!

That's the only way this whole sorry ending could work, but it's based on an incredibly cynical and dishonest approach by Bioware, relying on constantly moving the goalposts regarding closure of the story just to milk more money from people. I may laugh at Biodrones, but this is just pure shittiness that if they get away with, I expect others to follow suit with a similar approach to the detriment of all(as if we needed any more mainstream decline).

Micmu

Magister
Now that is seriously going to upset the execs at EA. expect heads to roll at bioware in the near future.
Not really. They pushed the envelope of consumer idiotification even a bit further and discovered a brave new business model of selling "alternate ending DLC". No doubt it will be used commonly now in those ZZZ+ titles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom