Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda hiring for positions

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks

<a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/">Bethesda</a> is hiring per <A href="http://www.bethsoft.com/links/job_032805_leveldsgnr.html">this page</a>. Here's the info:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>LEVEL DESIGNER -- Rockville, Maryland</b>
<br>
<br>
Design, create, build, and script levels for future Elder Scrolls and Fallout products. Includes working in our proprietary toolset to design, build, light, and script game areas.
<br>
<br>
<b>Candidate should have:</b>
<br>
<ul><li>Excellent sense of 3D game space and gameflow.
<br>
<li>Experience with designing, building, and populating game levels.
<br>
<li>Experience scripting or programming complex interactivity.
<br>
<li>Excellent communication and writing skills.
<br>
<li>Architectural design experience a plus.
<br>
<li>Experience with 3D Studio Max a plus.
<br>
<li>Experience with The Elder Scrolls Construction Set a plus.
<br>
<li>Knowledge of Role Playing games and The Elder Scrolls or Fallout a plus.
<br>
<li>Game industry experience a plus.</ul>
<br>
<b>How to Apply:</b>
<br>
<br>
For the positions listed above, send your resume and any requested materials (web links preferred for porfolios/materials) via email, fax, or regular mail. We will not return any materials.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>ATTN: Human Resources
<br>
(Include position name)
<br>
Bethesda Softworks
<br>
1370 Piccard Drive, Suite 120
<br>
Rockville, MD 20850-4304
<br>
<br>
Fax: (301) 926-8010
<br>
E-mail: <A href="mailto:bethsoftjobs@bethsoft.com">bethsoftjobs@bethsoft.com</a>
<br>
(Include position name in the Subject line)</blockquote>
<br>
<i>Please be sure to specify the position you for which you are applying.</i></blockquote>
<br>
I vote MISSIONARY position!
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Pete</b>!

Jennifer

Liturgist
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Rockville could use a little design, believe me. Worst. Roads. Evar.

rockville could use an airstrike or two. (provided, of course, that bethesda & co. are safely evacuated first.)

the whole state could do with a makeover. did you read about us being 2nd only to new york in the length of our commutes? crazy.

anyway...

Ellester

Liturgist
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Rockville could use a little design, believe me. Worst. Roads. Evar.
Maybe you should include that in the job description. “Must be able to handle commuting that resembles Hell”.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Since Spelling is not required, is Vol going to go apply? It would be a bit of a commute but hey.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I have a very intimate knowledge of Ohio, and let me assure you the roads here are not that bad. Now when I go to Missouri, those are some bad roads. A single accident can back up the interstate for miles, with no real alternate paths.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
try NE Ohio near Andover/Pymatuning. Hell even up near Cleveland the roads are absolute garbage.

Deathboy

Liturgist
Greatatlantic said:
A single accident can back up the interstate for miles, with no real alternate paths.

I'm guessing an interstates a bit like freeway then.....(?)

Greatatlantic

Erudite
The name says it all, "inter"-between, "states". These are roads that were built by the Federal government for the purpose of travelling from state to state. Oddly enough, Hawaii has interstates, too. So, they do span inside states too. Basically, they are the biggest, straightest roads in America.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Jennifer said:
rockville could use an airstrike or two. (provided, of course, that bethesda & co. are safely evacuated first.)

I'm sure Bethesda is willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Saint_Proverbius said:
Jennifer said:

I'm sure Bethesda is willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

Well, if nothing else, a thorough airstrike would give us some great environmental source material :)

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Well, if nothing else, a thorough airstrike would give us some great environmental source material :)

Speaking of which, I remember an old factory by the river where I grew up that had closed down decades ago. It was in the middle of some woods with no roads or anything. The floors had fallen away, the windows were gone, and so on. It was basically just the walls of the two story building with trees and such all around and inside it.

I'm sure there's things like that in desert locations that would be good for inspiration, since the whole wet forest reclaimation of the factory wouldn't exactly fit the setting - assuming you're talking that Fallout Enforcer sequel you're working on. :D

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
That does sound pretty cool. Guess you don't have any pics since it was when you were growing up?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Nope, and I'm not sure I can find it again. I knew where it was when I was a kid, but it's been a while since I've been there. It was between the river and farm land, but it was fairly hard to find then due to how the forest had grown over everything. You basically have to stumble on it to find it, if it's even still standing.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
its not too tough to find dilipidated buildings and towns on the verge of dying. Head out to western penn, bunch of small little towns dying as the big factories continue to ship out to mexico and china. Hell I'll even give you a good one go out to Greenville, Pa and find Hodge's foundry and Werner ladder. You'll get a good laugh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom