Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News APRIL FOOL: Bethesda: Obsidian To Develop Fallout Sequel

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Fallout 3 (Van Buren); Obsidian Entertainment

Just as Fallout 3 is soon to enter production, Bethesda Softworks announced that Obsidian Entertainment is going to be the developer of the next Fallout title, <b>Fallout 4</b>.
<br>
<blockquote><b>March 31, 2005 (Rockville, MD)</b> -- Bethesda Softworks® is pleased to announce that we have hired the talents of Obsidian Entertainment® to develop and design a Fallout® sequel. The return of this exceptional series is aimed at the core fans of Fallout®, because the company are confident that the game's appeal will extend to a much broader audience. "In this day when good role-playing games are rare, our releases of Fallout 3® and Fallout 4® promise to deliver what gamers have been yearning to play for ages", said Todd Howard, the game's Executive Producer. "While we wanted to make Fallout 3® our own game, we thought that the previous, cancelled attempt at it was a great idea, so we're finally giving the Obsidian® team a chance to finish it."
<br>
<br>
Howard continued, "As fellow gamers and fans of the Fallout series, we are fortunate to have the talents of the original developers of Fallout and Fallout 2 creating a worthy sequel to Fallout and we are confident that Obsidian Entertainment will deliver a game that will be remembered for years to come."
<br>
<br>
The sequel to Fallout 3, previously codenamed "Van Buren" during its development at Interplay is to resume development at Obsidian Entertainment under the currently given title of "Fallout 4", which may be subject to change. The game is to be produced by Bethesda Softworks LLC (www.bethsoft.com), a Zenimax Media company.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
It looks like Fallout fans are in store for some <b>very</b> delicious treats next year.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Pete</b>!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
This a joke? If not, where's the link? And, I thought; Obsidian's next game was not a sequel so where's the game they are working on between NWN2 and FO4? Seriosuly, this REEKS of a joke.

P.S. April's Fools is not til tomorrow. You are a tad early. LOL

Ausir

Arcane
I also got this release. There's no joke as we just got it as e-mail. And as for the missing non-sequel game, I don't know. There's probably going to be some time before FO4 enters real production (even FO3 is in the late stages of pre-production), so that gives Obsidian some time to make their third game before that. Maybe it's Star Citadel?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
It better not be a joke. We need a FO4 not made by Bethesda to do some honour to the FO name. If it's a joke; if you think I'm mean now you ain't seen nothing yet. LOL

And, if it's no joke then why doens't Bethesda have it announced on their site and why no link, huh?

LIES! BY THE CODEX!

Ausir

Arcane
Remember that even the Fallout 3 press release was at other gameing sites first before it appeared on BethSoft's own website... Looks like their PR spammers are just quicker than the webmasters.

And, unlike Exitium, I think that making a Van Buren remake is a bad idea. We already know the whole plot anyway!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Maybe it's Star Citadel?"

LOL Somoene shot oFf their April Fools' Day load early.

Good one; guys. It was almost (Ha!) beleivable except:

1. No announcement by Bethesda or even Obsidian.

2. No link.

3. The misisng non sequel game.

4. A mention of Star Citedal.

R00fles!

radon

Novice
Yessssss dirty bitches that doubted it ha ha!

Well atleat i hope they get Chris to help out with the design aspects of the game. I bet he has all this crazy shit flowing throu his mind.

Ausir

Arcane
What's wrong with Star Citadel? The name was really registered by Bio...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What's wrong with Star Citadel? The name was really registered by Bio..."

R00fles!

kathode

Novice
Developer
Hoax.

Would've been funnier if you said we were making them do it KOTOR2 style. Slam dunk!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Hoax. Weak one at that.

Would've been funnier if you said we were making them do it KOTOR2 style. Slam dunk!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLIPOP Codex loses again....

..... unless This is Bethesda's version of an April's Fool Joke! LOL :lol: :wink:

"Oh well, I only came up with it an hour ago. I'll be sure to consult you next time, kathode. You guys don't know how to have fun."

Ha, Ex. There were too many loose ends that didn't make sense.

I have news: BIO is dveloping FO5, Troika is dveloping F06, Blizzard is dveloping FO7, and Square is developing FO8!

R00fles!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Ha indeed. My post dissapeared when I was editing it with a "nice try" thing, though. Fuck.

Oh well, I only came up with it an hour ago. I'll be sure to consult you next time, kathode. You guys don't know how to have fun.

radon

Novice
R00flez STFU stupid Volourn. Ehhh im not pissed if its a hoax then it is if its not then im happy and i wont kill Aptyp.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I tried to edit it to be less mean, but Volourn caught me"

Heh, there was a part of me who wnated it to be true even thoguh the signs pointed it as false hence why I'm spamming this thread. This is one of the times I wnated the Codex to prove me wrong. :cry:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"No Mutants Allowed"

They're gullible?

They actually trust the Codex?

They're stupid?

They knew it was a hoax and was able to catch others by it?

Pope_Viper

Novice
Yep, trusted Codex, and fell for it.

Good job!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom