Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Namco Bandai Wins Rights To Distribute The Witcher 2

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Looks like Namco Bandai <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39026/Namco_Bandai_Wins_Rights_To_Distribute_The_Witcher_2_Xbox_360_In_Europe.php" target="_blank">won their lawsuit</a> against CDProjekt concerning the distribution rights to the upcoming XBOX version of The Witcher 2 in Europe.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span>According to Polish newspaper Parquet,&nbsp;</span><a href="http://www.parkiet.com/artykul/1126537-Francuski-sad-rozstrzygnal-spor-CD-Projektu-Red-z-Namco-Bandai.html">a court in Lyon has now ruled</a><span>&nbsp;in favor of Namco Bandai, and ordered Projekt Red to hand the European distribution rights back to the company.</span><br /><br /><span>This ruling does not affect the North American distribution rights for the game, hence&nbsp;</span><a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/38038/Warner_Bros_Publishing_Xbox_360_Witcher_2_In_North_America.php">Warner Bros. Publishing will still bring the game</a><span>&nbsp;to North America early next year.</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/39026/Namco_Bandai_Wins_Rights_To_Distribute_The_Witcher_2_Xbox_360_In_Europe.php">Gamasutra</a></p>

Radisshu

Prophet
deuxhero said:
And just where did the courts get the power to mandate business deals?

aynrand.jpg

...?

Drakron

Arcane
So they own the rights to distribute a game with a court order.

I can see the effort CDProjekt will make to support the Xbox version on PAL ... serious, this is stupid and makes sure Namco will be on the bottom of the list when they look for a publisher in their next game (besides, does a FRENCH Court have authority over the entire EU? I am wondering about that ...)

Malpercio

Arcane
A polish game distributed in Europe by one of the most retarded Japaneses publishers (just look at the recent ToA 3DS release)... fascinating.

DakaSha

Arcane
DraQ said:
2 nukes were not enough.
:rpgcodex:

Man.. it literally took me from the min you posted this to now to realize wtf you were implying.
I'm a grade A faggot

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO SOME PEOPLE ARE EXCITED ABOUT XBOX STUFF BECAUSE THE BEST RPG OF THE YEAR CAME OUT FOR CONSOLES WHILE PC FAGS ARE LAPPING UP DRAGONA AGE 2 LIKE RETARDS

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"And just where did the courts get the power to mandate business deals?"

"So they own the rights to distribute a game with a court order."

"So what % of the euro profits is namco poised to steal this way?"

Are all you guys idiots? All the courts did was enforce a contract that CDP and Namco both agreed to.

CDP tried to break a contract and got caught trying to breaking it.

RULE OF THUMB: Don't sign a contract and then try to break it illegally.

P.S. All this proves is that CDP has no honour and will do everything in their power to break deals they enter into. In otherwords, their word means shit.

At least if the judge is to be believed.

Coyote

Arcane
Volourn said:
P.S. All [breaking contract] proves is that CDP has no honour

Gamasutra said:
[Namco Bandai] also argued that CD Projekt had released the PC version of the game without digital rights management, which went against the contract.

If a company must sully its honor to bring consumers a product without such defects, then I say, by all means, let more companies sully their honor.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Coyote said:
Volourn said:

Gamasutra said:
[Namco Bandai] also argued that CD Projekt had released the PC version of the game without digital rights management, which went against the contract.

If a company must sully its honor to bring consumers a product without such defects, then I say, by all means, let more companies sully their honor.
:thumbsup: :salute:

DraQ

Arcane
J_C said:
Coyote said:
Volourn said:

Gamasutra said:

:salute:

xemous

Arcane
witcher 2 combat is so shit the game is unplayable, not having drm doesn't fix this.

Kz3r0

Arcane
DraQ said:
J_C said:
Coyote said:
Volourn said:

Gamasutra said:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom