Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BioWare listens to Mass Effect 3 Feedback

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

<p>In this particular case&nbsp;<a href="http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-15-bioware-may-tweak-the-mass-effect-3-story-based-on-feedback-to-leaked-script" target="_blank"><span>Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk</span>&nbsp;promise</a> that the feedback concerning the story due to the leaked beta version will be taken into account.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<p>"We listen to our fans all of the time," Muzyka continued. "We listen to them on the forums, their feedback from stories. We're reading it all. If we can get ideas out of it that will make the game better, sure. We're not adverse to taking feedback. That's part of our core values, is humility. Any time we get a good idea from fans... they're our audience. They keep us in business."</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Muzyka reiterated the statement BioWare released when the leak occurred, and insisted Mass Effect 3's story was still in flux - but noted the impact on the development team.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>"It was disappointing for them, yeah. They're moving on. They're making a great game. The script, frankly, has changed a little bit from what was released, too. It's been edited. They're always tuning it. They're always making it better. But yeah, it's tough when you see your work displayed. You realise only a small number of people are probably going to look at those spoilers in advance.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I've probably missed that, what was the fuss about the story script again? Was it stupid or what?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

ortucis

Prophet
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I've probably missed that, what was the fuss about the story script again? Was it stupid or what?

Tali wasn't completely naked when she died. She was still wearing the helmet.

Snefix

Novice
I've probably missed that, what was the fuss about the story script again? Was it stupid or what?

I didn't read any out and out spoiler scripts, but from what I gathered from the reaction... basically all the promised consequences of your choices from the first two games were irrelevant.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Snefix said:

I didn't read any out and out spoiler scripts, but from what I gathered from the reaction... basically all the promised consequences of your choices from the first two games were irrelevant.

What a surprise :lol:

circ

Arcane
Snefix said:

This surprises people still? None of the choices from ME1 impacted ME2 in any relevant way.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
circ said:
Snefix said:

This surprises people still? None of the choices from ME1 impacted ME2 in any relevant way.

Bullshit, I got different emails and the mafia bitch or whatever that she was that I spared in ME had a line or two to say to me in my travels. Meaningful C&C Biatch!

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
commie said:
circ said:
Snefix said:
Bullshit, I got different emails and the mafia bitch or whatever that she was that I spared in ME had a line or two to say to me in my travels. Meaningful C&C Biatch!
Yeah, it's not like killing the Council that rules the entire universe would change anything deeper than the e-mail sender for your missions in real life either.

deuxhero

Arcane
I doubt this is true. They have what... 3 months, (with 1 for printing) to use this feedback?

The game is too late in to make any meaningful changes, and if you think it isn't, induce vomiting to get rid of the koolaid.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
That's part of our core values, is humility.

0PqWJ.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
deuxhero said:
The game is too late in to make any meaningful changes, and if you think it isn't, induce vomiting to get rid of the koolaid.
It's just a PR stunt so people will think that there is "new and MAJESTIC exciting" story they haven't seen yet...

OR they "leaked" the whole thing so the Gramar Nazi's™ would point out the errors for free.

Angthoron

Arcane
I fucking hate how they try to pass an obviously commercial product for a work of art. Oh my gosh, the writers got so sad that someone saw the script and pointed out all the stylistic bullshit, oh my don't hurt our metascore that makes us sad baaaawwww waaaaawww waaaah.

As fucking annoying as talking babies films.

Wunderpurps

Educated
Black said:
FFHNH.png

Stages of humility.

The same stages that fatass toupee wearing nazi will go through when EA closes bioware's doors in 3 years.

But how I wish that fat idiot would post here so we could stop the decline :roll:

RPGMaster

Savant
VentilatorOfDoom said:
<p>"It was disappointing for them, yeah. They're moving on. They're making a great game. The script, frankly, has changed a little bit from what was released, too. It's been edited. They're always tuning it. They're always making it better.

Yeah, so the script was 98% of the finished product.

It stinks.

Black

Arcane
Wunderpurps said:
But how I wish that fat idiot would post here so we could stop the decline :roll:
How would that fat fuck idiot posting here stop the decline?

Wunderpurps

Educated
Black said:
Wunderpurps said:
How would that fat fuck idiot posting here stop the decline?

That was meant as satire of the thread where everyone whines the codex has alienated developers and the schizophrenia of how people behave towards them.

I think Gaider is a worthless idiot, personally, and simply giving input is not going to change the way games are made because the bad changes have all been made for reasons that won't go away any time soon.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What I find most amusing are the people defending Bioware, claiming the script will obviously be way different and nothing in the leak is significant. I wonder if they'll even care that the ME series was basically a huge lie when it comes to C&C.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
ME series has more C&C than many of the Codex's most beloved games. LMFAO

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Black said:
FFHNH.png

Stages of humility.

I was slowly scrolling through the comments thinking nobody would snark on that absurd line. I'm glad to see I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Wunderpurps

Educated
Xor said:
What I find most amusing are the people defending Bioware, claiming the script will obviously be way different and nothing in the leak is significant. I wonder if they'll even care that the ME series was basically a huge lie when it comes to C&C.
r00flers gonna r00fle.

Rhalle

Magister
Xor said:
What I find most amusing are the people defending Bioware, claiming the script will obviously be way different and nothing in the leak is significant.

Biodrones are funny that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom