Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Larian Studios Status Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dragon Commander; Larian Studios

<p>Swen Vincke posted <a href="http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&amp;Number=451848&amp;#Post451848" target="_blank">another meaty status update</a> on Dragon Commander on the Larian forums.&nbsp;A snippet:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span>My desk is riddled with notes, flowcharts and designs for both DC &amp; project E, but since we&rsquo;re not talking about E yet, I&rsquo;ll give you a rundown on where we stand with DC. Here&rsquo;s a picture of the desk&nbsp;</span><br /><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.facebook.com/dragoncommander" target="_blank">Dragon Commander on facebook</a><span>&nbsp;</span><br /><br /><span>Internally we look at DC as a game being split in two phases &ndash; phase 1 is the strategy/rpg part, phase 2 is the action/rts part. Since we want to be able to make the claim that you&rsquo;ll make more decisions in DC than in any RPG we&rsquo;ve ever produced, we made sure that for every character you encounter in the game, there are complex decision trees, and that the impact of reaching a certain point in each decision tree has an impact on the overall gameplay.&nbsp;</span><br /><br /><span>Looking at elf princess Lohannah for instance, I count 7 RPG like decisions to be made (i.e. moral, ethical, political, romantic etc&hellip;) with associated different consequences. Each character has been worked out like this, and we&rsquo;ve made sure that whenever something felt like clich&eacute; or uninteresting, it was sent back to the drawing board. The ten characters on my desk alone yield more than 100 consequences, and I wished we had stuff like this in the previous Divinities.&nbsp;</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p><span>Well, if the previous Divinities lacked that stuff, at the very least it won't be difficult to top that.</span></p>

Black

Arcane
The important question is, can we have an intercourse with our waifu while in dragon form?
That is the deal breaker.

Black said:
The important question is, can we have an intercourse with our waifu while in dragon form?

The more important question is whether we can change into dragon form while having intercourse.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Overweight Manatee said:
Black said:

The more important question is whether we can change into dragon form while having intercourse.

That would entail taking a few precautions I suspect. Like wrapping the woman in duct tape so she didn't explode. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom