Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim Info Package

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>The game of the century, <strong>The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim</strong>, is about to be released. <a href="http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/11/04/golden-mead-for-a-golden-game/" target="_blank">Here's proof, as Skyrim went gold</a>:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>It&rsquo;s done!!!<br /><br />We&rsquo;re pleased to announce that after more than three years of hard work, the team at Bethesda Game Studios has completed over 20 versions of Skyrim &mdash; across multiple platforms, languages, and countries. That&rsquo;s right, Skyrim is officially gold!<br /><br />The team celebrated last night with sweet golden mead brewed by Kurt Kuhlmann, Ryan Jenkins, and Shane Liesegang.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Anonymous wants you to know that there's a <a href="http://theelderscrollsskyrim.com/unofficial-skyrim-information-part-1/" target="_blank">comprehensive listing</a> of Skyrim info over at TheElderScrollsSkyrim.com. A must read for every fan! Here's a sample:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>&ldquo;A long practiced spiritual form of Nordic magic, also known as the Tongues, that is based on their worship of the Wind as a personification of Kynareth. Through the use of the Voice the power of a Nord can be formed into a thu&rsquo;um, or shout &ndash; which has a large variety of applications (anything from sharpening blades to a long range weapon). Master Voices (known simply as Tongues) have legendary, and often unbelievable powers, including talking to people of hundreds of miles away or teleportation. The most powerful masters must even be careful whenever they speak, as their voice can cause great destruction and they are commonly gagged. During the Conquest of Morrowind, the Nordic war chiefs were also Tongues (Derek the Tall, Jorg Helmborg, Hoag Merkiller). They needed no typical siege weapons when attacking a city as they merely used the Voice to break down the city gate and allow their armies to storm in. The future of the Tongues was forever changed by the most powerful Tongue, Jurgen Windcaller, also better known as the Calm. Jurgen converted to a pacifist and refused to use the Voice for any martial purposes. In a confrontation with 17 other tongues he reportedly swallowed the Shouts of the 17 for three days until they lay exhausted, later to become his followers. Today, all Tongues live secluded lives on the highest peaks of Skyrim in tough conditions and contemplation, and have only spoken to announce the destiny of the great Tiber Septim (who later created an Imperial College of the Voice in Markarth, returning the Voice to the art of warfare). Those known as Dovahkiin, Dragonborn, can use a type of magic known as &ldquo;Dragon Shouts.&rdquo; Dragon shouts are spoken in the Dragon Language, and can manipulate dragons in a variety of unknown ways, as well as performing other kinds of magic, also undocumented.&rdquo;</p>
</blockquote>
<p>It's currently not known yet if they fixed the toilet problem of Morrowind/Oblivion. (no toilets anywhere etc.)</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Through the use of the Voice the power of a Nord can be formed into a thu’um, or shout – which has a large variety of applications (anything from sharpening blades to a long range weapon).

How can anyone take this shit seriously?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
l3loodAngel said:
Then came the war with the northern men, where Vivec did guide the Hortator into swift and tricky union with the Dwemer. The greatest demon chieftains of the frigid west were those listed below, five in unholy number.

HOAGA, the Mouth of Mud, who appeared as a great bearded king, had the powers of Marshalling and breathing the earth. On the battlefields, this demon would often be seen on the sidelines, eating the soil voraciously. When his men fell, Hoaga would fill their bodies back with it, whereupon they would rise again and fight, albeit slower. He had a Secret Name, Fenja, and destroyed seventeen Chimeri villages and two Dwemeri strongholds before being turned away.

CHEMUA, the Running Hunger, who appeared as a mounted soldier with full helm, had the powers of Heart Roaring and of sky sickening. He ate the Chimeri hero, Dres Khizumet-e, sending the spirit back to the Hortator as an assassin. Sometimes called First Blighter, Chemua could give clouds stomach aches and turn the rain of Veloth into bile. He destroyed six Chimeri villages before he was slain by Vivec and the Hortator.

BHAG, the Two-Tongued, who appeared as a great bearded king, had the powers of Surety and Form Change. His raiders were small in number, but ran amok in the west hinterlands, killing many Velothi trappers and scouts. He fell in a great debate with Vivec, for the warrior-poet alone could understand the northern man's two-layered speech, though ALMSIVI had to remain invisible during the argument.

BARFOK, Maid of Planes, who appeared as a winged human with lick-encrusted spear, had the powers of Event Denouement. Battles fought against her would always end in victory for Barfok, because she could shape outcomes by singing. Four Chimeri villages and two more Dwemeri strongholds were destroyed by her decision enforcement. Vivec had to stuff her mouth with his milk finger to keep her from singing Veloth into ruin.

YSMIR, the Dragon of the North, who always appears as a great bearded king, had powers innumerable and echoing. He was grim and dark and the most silent of the invading chieftains, though when he spoke villages were uplifted and thrown into the sea. The Hortator fought him unarmed, grabbing the Dragon's roars by hand until Ysmir's power throat bled. These roars were given to Vivec to bind into an ebony listening frame, which the warrior-poet placed on Ysmir's face and ears to drive him mad and drive him away.

'The coming forth and the driving away brings all things around. What I shall say next is unpleasant to record: HERMA-MORA-ALTADOON! AE ALTADOON!'

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I remember when the Greybeards were referred to as basically sentient siege weapons. Had to gag the more powerful ones because otherwise they'd start nuking things with their voice. Hopefully they'll get some respect for something other than as the MC's lackies.

l3loodAngel said:
Through the use of the Voice the power of a Nord can be formed into a thu’um, or shout – which has a large variety of applications (anything from sharpening blades to a long range weapon).

Haven't read much into Elder Scrolls background, I see. That's relatively normal.

Crazy shit happens in Tamriel.

meh

Educated
An overhauled combat-system.
Staggering effects and camera shake.
‘Magnetism’ in your attacks draws them more towards enemies rather than allies.
Special kill animations: Depending on your weapon, the enemy, and the fight conditions, you may execute a devastating finishing move that extinguishes enemies with a stylistic flourish.
There is Chain-mail armor in the game.
NPC Children.
Even minor NPCs have much more complexity and depth compared with Oblivion.
NPCs can throw rocks at you if they are on a bridge above you.
Fish jumps out of the water.
Birds fly in the air above you.
You cannot fly on dragons.

I give up.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I do hope that they added Quad Core support, respectively hoping for a good and stable PC port.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
l3loodAngel said:

It is from Nordic Mythos.
It is not a 100% what the idea behind runes and the magic that the old crones could do.

A mix of works and runes where said to be how they got there power.

nanomagnetic

Novice
abnaxus said:
l3loodAngel said:

BARFOK, Maid of Planes, who appeared as a winged human with lick-encrusted spear, had the powers of Event Denouement. Battles fought against her would always end in victory for Barfok, because she could shape outcomes by singing. Four Chimeri villages and two more Dwemeri strongholds were destroyed by her decision enforcement. Vivec had to stuff her mouth with his milk finger to keep her from singing Veloth into ruin.

The Temple's euphemism for Vivec's dick has always been funny to me. I think I've also seen it called his "milk bone".

4too

Arcane
The Weir-ding Way (1984)

The Weir-ding Way (1984)

" ' ... my name is a killing word ... ' "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQeP6GWU0e4&feature=fvsr

This from Nordic inspiration too, or are B-softs power words just the sincerest 'form of flattery'?

And, ... Oblivion had a 'wall' of pain that few played / passed --- past, (with out mods.)
Will there be a thread where each spend / fallen hero can report how many hours dwindled before the thrill was gone? ;)

4too

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
nanomagnetic said:
abnaxus said:
l3loodAngel said:

The Temple's euphemism for Vivec's dick has always been funny to me. I think I've also seen it called his "milk bone".

Yes, I always use cock when I want to make someone shut up. How fucking mature...

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
/weak strawman

They could have just gone for the neutral "member" or something like that. Milk finger is indeed very strange.

turul

Augur
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Here's proof, as Skyrim went gold

swimming_in_money_1217266420_0975.jpg

Gwendo

Augur
You cannot kill npc chidren and neither the important NPC. That's a pity.

l3loodAngel said:
nanomagnetic said:
abnaxus said:
l3loodAngel said:

Yes, I always use cock when I want to make someone shut up. How fucking mature...

I see you haven't ever tried to sing with a mouth full of cock.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Clockwork Knight said:
l3loodAngel said:
nanomagnetic said:
abnaxus said:
l3loodAngel said:

I see you haven't ever tried to sing with a mouth full of cock.

I wonder if Jaesun has...

nanomagnetic

Novice
l3loodAngel said:
nanomagnetic said:
abnaxus said:
l3loodAngel said:

Uhh...does oral sex make you uncomfortable or something there buddy? You ==> :M

The Temple hid behind euphemisms for people just like you.... :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom