Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Tim Cain joins MCA over at Obsidian Entertainment

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Tim Cain

<p>According <a href="http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=58941&amp;st=0&amp;#entry1146576" target="_blank">to some rumours</a> Codex' second favorite developer Tim Cain has teamed up with Codex' favorite developer MCA at Obsidian Entertainment HQ. Word is, they're shooting for Arcanum 2 in a ToEE-like engine.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
can't wait for the upcoming iPad-exclusive alpha protocol game

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
What's the catch? There's always a catch. Something like this would only come with some equally bad news like how EA has bought Obsidian and renamed it to BioWare California.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Re: Tim Cain joins Obsidian Entertainment

VentilatorOfDoom said:
Codex' second favorite developer Tim Cain has teamed up with Codex' favorite developer MCA at Obsidian Entertainment HQ.

That's awesome news. Wow.

Word is, they're shooting for Arcanum 2 in a ToEE-like engine.

Stop fucking with me, dude. I almost creamed my pants.

Black

Arcane
Turisas said:
What's the catch? There's always a catch. Something like this would only come with some equally bad news like how EA has bought Obsidian and renamed it to BioWare California.
Life is a catch, I suggest you catch it while you can! :pete:

Rhalle

Magister
:o

Let's hope Mr. Cain brings some top-tier development discipline and technical design genius to Obsidian, because those are the most important things he can do for them, clearly what they need.

Not a big fan of steampunk, though. I'm boring enough to like vanilla fantasy better. But, still-- awesome news.

Wise Emperor

Arcane
Awesome news. Awesome.
1276674027970%5B1%5D.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Old Queen Cain working for Fergalicious again, this is a joyous occasion. I better be seeing some new recipes in Obsidian game (virtual) manuals. :bounce:

curry

Arcane
Now they have three gays, Josh, Chris and Tim :smug:

Just wait until David Gaider hears about that, he'll pack his shit and join Obsidian too :smug:

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
At least they aren't faggots like everyone over at BioWare.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
VoD, did you have to make your title exactly the same as the other thread? Can you alter it, please?

Seboss

Liturgist
So what about this MMO he's been working for ages at Carbine?

Achilles

Arcane
Re: Tim Cain joins Obsidian Entertainment

VentilatorOfDoom said:
Word is, they're shooting for Arcanum 2 in a ToEE-like engine.

I knew this was fake, but I let myself believe it for a fleeting moment. It was beautiful... and then it was over :cry:

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
Seboss said:
So what about this MMO he's been working for ages at Carbine?

WildStar.

Sounds like they have some pretty interesting and refreshing ideas, but I can't stand the art style. Looks like Torchlight and the other new Diablo-clones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom