Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim Abilities and Perks

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>More Skyrim info abound. This time <a href="http://theelderscrollsskyrim.com/racial-abilities-and-perk-trees/" target="_blank">racial abilities and perks</a> are the topic.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Racial Abilities</strong><br /><br />- ORCS: Beserker<br />- REDGUARDS: Adrenaline Rush<br />- WOOD ELF: Resist poison, resisit disease, command animals<br />- NORD: Battlecry<br />- KHAJIIT: Night-eye, claw attacks<br />- IMPERIAL: Voice of the Emperor, find more coins when looting<br />- HIGH ELF: Regenerate Magicka more quickly<br />- DARK ELF: Ancestor&rsquo;s Wrath (surround self in fire), resist fire<br />- BRETON: Dragonskin (absorb spells), resist shock<br />- ARGONIANS: Histskin (regenerate health quickly), resist disease, breathe underwater</p>
</blockquote>
<p><em>Thanks to Oriental European.</em></p>

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
?????? High Elf now regenerates magicka ? What happened to their weakness? What the fuck?

Imperial find more coins when looting...how the f?

Licking anus shd've been Khajitt's racial skill.

Stereotypical Villain said:
I find it amusing that there are two races which has claws, but only one is allowed to use them.

Yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff yiff

Those mofo reps already have too many advantages.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"2 effects of an ingredient are revealed when testing it for the first time (instead of just one)"

Guess you have to experiment with them to see what they do now. When they said they revamped alchemy I was hoping they would have included bombs and the like. I'd give an arm and a leg (not mine, DraQ's :smug:) for hexen style flechettes in TES.

corvus

Arcane
RK47 said:

Imperials are now the Jew race. I knew something was up when they made them a seperate species from the bretons, bethesda's representing their overlords more clearly with skyrim

catfood

AGAIN
RK47 said:
?????? High Elf now regenerates magicka ? What happened to their weakness? What the fuck?

Licking anus shd've been Khajitt's racial skill.

I don't think bethtards would appreciate having races with both strengths and weaknesses.

corvus said:
RK47 said:

Imperials are now the Jew race. I knew something was up when they made them a seperate species from the bretons, bethesda's representing their overlords more clearly with skyrim

The Argonians are the master race in reality. All the human races are merely cattle, rats in a cage.

Andhaira

Arcane
Actually, I prefer races to have strengths only, and not weaknesses. Makes more sense.

DraQ

Arcane
catfood said:
RK47 said:

I don't think bethtards would appreciate having races with both strengths and weaknesses.
Bethtards gonna bethtard.
:M

[img:3lwjcox3]http://i55.tinypic.com/dxoevo.jpg[/img] said:
"2 effects of an ingredient are revealed when testing it for the first time (instead of just one)"

Guess you have to experiment with them to see what they do now knowing single effect without having dimmest clue about alchemy was still not next-gen enough.
Fixed.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Imperial special ability sounds completely useless, since (by example of Bethesda previous games) youll be rich very quickly either way.

DraQ

Arcane
markec said:
The Imperial special ability sounds completely useless, since (by example of Bethesda previous games) youll be rich very quickly either way.
It also sounds completely moronic - how the fuck is it supposed to work in-universe?

What about bethpizda's beloved immershun?

Derp, derp never changes.
:decline:

The high elf magicka weakness was irrelevant once you found marginally decent armor / shield spells. Magicka regen should discourage the usual Fight-Rest-Fight-Rest shenanigans so it's alright. I'd still like some sort of weakness, though.

And I see wood elves got the shaft again. Oh hey, you have high Sneak and archery skills - so I'll give you defensive skills! Oh yeah, and once a day you can control a giant rat for five seconds. Sweet, huh?

DraQ said:
It also sounds completely moronic - how the fuck is it supposed to work in-universe?

"Luck", I guess. There's even a stat for it.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
DraQ said:
markec said:

What about bethpizda's beloved immershun?

Derp, derp never changes.
:decline:

Imperials know the true value of rare coins better than other races? I remember seeing this explanation used for a similar perk. Can't remember if it was FO3, NV, or something else.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
DraQ said:
markec said:

The fillings in their teeth are considered coin of the realm.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Fuck this stupid racial shit, give me a better version of Daggerfalls advantage/disadvantage system without all the exploits in it.

Anyways, racials are more dumbed down than even oblivions, though I'm surprised they gave more than one to some of the races.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
DARK ELF: Ancestor’s Wrath (surround self in fire), resist fire

Oh yeah, human torches, time to larp Fantastic 4.

Also, Sanctuary is for suckers, who needs it when you can just set yourself on fire.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is what happens when the competent are driven away.

I read "surround self on fire" as "can cast fire shield", which doesn't sound terribly useful since dunmer already have resist fire.

Maybe it'll work like the elemental shields in Morrowind, hurting enemies that get too close?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Darth Roxor said:
DARK ELF: Ancestor’s Wrath (surround self in fire), resist fire

Oh yeah, human torches, time to larp Fantastic 4.

That sounds awesome actually. Which is why it'll be just a shitty fire shield spell. Oh well, still better than summoning an ancestral ghost.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom