Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News CD Projekt’s 2011 Fall Conference

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>Those of you who got the <a href="http://thewitcher.com/public/files/download/newsletter/CDPJK2011.html" target="_blank">Witcher 2 newsletter</a>&nbsp;(<a href="http://thewitcher.com/public/files/download/newsletter/CDPFC2011.html" target="_blank">angielski versionskaya</a>) already know it: there will be another live conference with CDProjekt on September 22nd. <a href="http://thewitcher.com/community/entry/89" target="_blank">Here's the news</a>:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<p>CD Projekt has set the date for its fall conference. The event takes place on the 22nd of September in Warsaw, Poland. We&rsquo;ve prepared plethora of exciting news for all of The Witcher fans out there, including the LIVE stream of the international part of the presentation starting at 4:15 GMT on our official Facebook page. Everyone watching the stream will be able to take a closer look at some of the most important additions and enhancements to be included in this content update such as:&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&bull;<span> </span>Tutorial &ndash; New, more comprehensive tutorial that will allow players to slowly get familiar with the world of the game&nbsp;</p>
<p>&bull;<span> </span>Dark Mode &ndash; a brand new difficulty level designed for everyone who&rsquo;s looking for a fresh challenge. This mode also comes with a special set of dark-themed items to go along with it.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&bull;<span> </span>Arena Mode &ndash; the arcade style mode where players fight countless waves of enemies in order to achieve the highest score, and later boast about it on specifically designed leaderboards. Be sure to watch this segment to see the new opponent that&rsquo;s being introduced to the game with version 2.0!&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Who's willing to hold the bet that the Dark Mode "challenge" will be similar to the Operator "challenge"?</p>
<p>You have DR of 130 and 700HP?? OLOLOL Gargoyle still kills you in 2 hits, challenging or what?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>Thanks to Jimski Cojoneski for pointing this out.</em></p>

So patch 2.0 introduces a new tutorial and tie-ins to TW1, patch 3.0 introduces the gameplay changes of the console version...what about an expansion? That's the only news I want to hear from them now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They're also running a promo where if you download the site's 6,000,000 game you get the entire catalog free. And a promo on D&D stuff that's semi-okay: up to 60% off if you buy/own all eight D&D titles. That is, it's an increasing percentage the more you either own or put n your cart to purchase. Individually it starts off at a rather feeble 20% if you just want one or two.

Deleted member 7219

What tie-ins to Witcher 1? I forgot about the conference and for some reason they aren't providing a recap on GOG.com. Will you be able to actually meet Vesimir or something? Would have been nice for the closure regarding the attack on Kaer Morhen and what happened to Berengar...

MCA
Closure for the attack on Kaer Morhen? They attacked to get Aunt Molly's super secret Witcher recipes and mutagens. Geralt chased them for the entire game. Killed all of them. End of the story?

And I thought Berengar explained everything in the game? He said (to himself) "fuck this shit I'm out", went fucking around, hooked up with the wrong guys who blackmailed and forced him into doing their shit and that's how he ended up where he was in TW1.

Am I missing something?

Nope, but supposedly the new tutorial should add some bits and pieces between the end of TW1 and the beginning of TW2, mostly to fill in those who didn't play TW1.

Deleted member 7219

villain of the story said:
Closure for the attack on Kaer Morhen? They attacked to get Aunt Molly's super secret Witcher recipes and mutagens. Geralt chased them for the entire game. Killed all of them. End of the story?

And I thought Berengar explained everything in the game? He said (to himself) "fuck this shit I'm out", went fucking around, hooked up with the wrong guys who blackmailed and forced him into doing their shit and that's how he ended up where he was in TW1.

Am I missing something?

Would have been nice to have gone back to Kaer Morhen for a pat on the back or something.

MCA
Ah yes, a reunion with the other witchers might have been a nice touch but they went quite literally in opposite directions.

Now CD Projekt could make a spin off based on the other two guys while Geralt was too busy fucking everything that moved and while at it, make it turn-based tactical similar to JA in scope and gameplay.

It was kind of annoying how the game set you up as a team working together to solve the problems, then as soon as you leave Kaer Morhen you literally hear not a single thing at all from them. At least some kind of letters would have been nice in TW1. But by TW2 I suppose no one really cares anymore, so unless its a prequel segment I see no reason to bring them in.

Black

Arcane
AndhairaX said:
No one cares.
Are you angry because Potatoland doesn't let mudslimes do as they please, as opposed to Germany, UK and other Euro countries?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom