Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim Gameplay Footage

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>Gametrailer offer two new trailers showcasing Skyrim's gameplay.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-elder-scrolls/720774" target="_blank">The first one</a> mainly involves running, running, a bit more running and killing innocent wolves and bandits. The combat looks as if the dragonborn isn't genetically enhanced in the slightest unlike Geralt.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-elder-scrolls/720773" target="_blank">The second one</a> proves that the game will have dialogues and whatnot.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Regdar

Arcane
Tower fight in the second vid looked like a complete clusterfuck involving shitty controls and even shittier camera.

Xi

Arcane
When the weapons/attacks land they do not move/jolt the character at all. It looks pretty bad, imho. A little bit of a stun from a hit, or a loss in stamina - which in turn regulates how long you can attack for and move fast for, or something like that, would be leagues better than this.

DraQ

Arcane
Xi said:
When the weapons/attacks land they do not move/jolt the character at all. It looks pretty bad, imho. A little bit of a stun from a hit, or a loss in stamina - which in turn regulates how long you can attack for and move fast for, or something like that, would be leagues better than this.
This. It's oblivious all over again.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
VentilatorOfDoom said:
The second one

my impressions in order

- sorry furbros but a catman with viking helmet just doesn't work for me
- oh cool he just assassin's creeded the wolf
- female barbarian time oh yep good old rubbing at each other combat
- aww yeah hit each other with no impact feedback except for panting after a heavy hit until one of you ragdolls down yeahhh streets of rage ain't got shit on this OH WAIT IT DOES
- fuck yes spazz up the wall that is some good shit
- jesus christ do I really have to see a huge gold coin taking up a quarter of the screen whenever I loot moneys
- can't tell what are the icons beside armor ratings and stuff, did they take my advice on assigning star ratings for accessible inventory management
- yep hide loincloths look just as bad this time round

all in all looks like game of the year material to me

pipka

Savant
Is it supposed to be an action game? It fails hard.
Animations are bad. Not organic(?) enough, not sure what is lacking.
Ragdolls are still bad too. Bitches are still failing at physics. Not organic again. Muscles made of hay, bones made of steel. Pity.
Blood is all wrong too.
Running... Is... Boring!

turul

Augur
The combat system is 100% Oblivion. They might have added an "awesome" fatality thing a la Dragon Age 2 and that's it. You can aim for the arm or leg or whatever, you are just hitting a one giant hit box placed over the entire NPC, probably the bow-shot in the head does more damage than anything else.

The horse riding doesn't make sense. The character travels almost as fast on foot.

This is Oblivion with a graphic mod.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
The running seems entirely too fast to me.

The movement looks entirely fps/Mass Effect to me. Jog with a stamina bar that limits how long you can sprint?

It's cool though. I gave up all hope in this game almost as soon as it was announced.

kazgar

Arcane
haven't played oblivion (shock horror) but does the text/invent interface look more FO3 inspired then the oblivion screenshots i've seen?

Cynic

Arcane
I have never played an ES game. I can't into single player first person games but was considering giving Skyrim a go. Some of this looks alright, but I have to say, what the fuck is this combat with NO feedback? I mean it's so clear that the world of immershun is their big selling point. So wouldn't you think, that just for a second, they'd code in some fucking hit animations?! The guy's axe is just floating through those bandits. That breaks the feeling completely. Demon's Souls didn't suffer from this problem. Dark Souls > Skyrim? You bet.

waywardOne

Arcane
Five years and this is all they have?

- Bloom. Hell yeah.
- Toggling run/walk aspergly to recharge stamina (nice bar, guifail) is serious retardation.
- Solitary wolves are not that stupidly aggressive unless they're starving. This is why games invent new creatures so that the AI derp can be explained in a reasonable manner.
- I still think crafting is the faggiest thing ever put into an RPG.
- Combat AI still retarded ({light armor + no shield + short sword} does not suit an immobile style).

corvus

Arcane
Khajiit have the exact same animations and body as humans, but with a tail. I thought it was a human at first but with a fashionable sash trailing behind him. And obviously it looks almost exactly like Oblivion, but in a mountainous setting instead of a bowl-shaped valley. I like how third-person perspective still looks like it plays just as shitty as in every last one of their games since Morrowind, good job improving that too Bethesda.

CJStuntman said: Why the hell doesn 't this have a *SPOILER* tag? Don't read the conversation tree if you don't like spoilers. I'm pissed, I know the opening now.

Im kinda pissed too. Even though that was my guess i still didnt want to know for sure :/ Still isnt going to ruin it for me :) i know what happenes but not how ;D and thats enough.

:lol:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
corvus said:
Khajiit have the exact same animations and body as humans, but with a tail.

bethesda doesn't lie

when they said beast races would have unique animations they meant tail animations

corvus

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
bethesda doesn't lie

when they said beast races would have unique animations they meant tail animations

Your insight into video game marketing speak proves most valuable to me, and the rest of the Hivemind. :salute:

Xi

Arcane
Cynic said:
Dark Souls > Skyrim? You bet.

I agree, Skyrim is looking to be a pinch better than Oblivious, but overall suffering from the same problems. It's purely a design issue, imho. Hopefully I am wrong, but it's just looking rather bland in the combat department. Beth can never get it right. Dark Souls will be a great game for the hardcore crowd, no doubt. That will prob be a day one purchase for me.

Coyote

Arcane
:D 0:56 in the second video: Did he just collar-grab that wolf?

turul

Augur
The Elder Scrolls has always been about creating your own tale rather than dutifully following the main quest line like a sniffer dog. Given that you'll grow from this lowly beginning to a point where you'll be taming dragons and calling province-wide hurricanes into effect with nothing but your voice, it's fair to say that Skyrim's in a position to offer the greatest adventure of any Elder Scrolls title to date. Actually, make that of any RPG to date.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/31 ... e-dynamic/

:clap:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom