Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Codex Exclusive - Elder Scrolls: Skyrim Interview with Bethesda

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>Finally, in a long-awaited Codex Exclusive&trade;, <a href="http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=218">Bethesda talk to us about their much loved upcoming Elder Scrolls Game, Skyrim</a>:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><strong><strong>PCM:&nbsp;</strong></strong>There was some criticism in Oblivion that axes became "blunt", which is to say, instead of having a separate axe skill like they did in Morrowind, they were part of the sets of blunt weapons. Have you taken steps to address that criticism? Maybe by bringing back the axe skill?<br /><br /><strong><strong>Todd:&nbsp;</strong></strong>Well, you'd think "bring the axe skill back" but that's not where games are going.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=218">Clicky to read the rest</a>.</p>

Satan

Educated
That's AWESOME :) I'm positively surprised by them, they have bonus points for that. They perhaps make a terrible game, but they seem to not be afraid of criticism anymore (or at least I hope so). Continue that, Bethesda, and I may even like you, although not necessarily your games.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
SHITS (c) (r) (tm) system sounds like a true winner. Way better than radiant AI or even VATS. (And lets face it...VATS was awesoem!)

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
what kind of hard hitting interview is this they didn't even ask if the dragons would take dumps

infinite dragon dumps

Silellak

Cipher
Todd: That's right. All of them. Yes, everything you've got. All at once. Cast with one button.
Pete: We call it "Infinite Wield (c) (r) (tm)".
Todd: So now there's a cast button and you hit it and every spell you know is cast, all at once and every weapon you have swings at the same time. It's pretty awesome.
:bravo:

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Interesting read. Finally a magazine stepped up and asked the real questions to get behind the PR bullshit and into the thick of things.

Now let's all embrace the codex as long as we can while we mentally prepare for the inevitable defamation lawsuit.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Wow just yesterday G4TV got an EXCLUSIVE reveal that there would be vampires in the game. Now RPGCodex reveals Infinite Wield and Shit System. I guess we're a little more prestigious than some basement-produced TV-show.

Black

Arcane
Pete: We call it "Infinite Wield (c) (r) (tm)".
Todd: So now there's a cast button and you hit it and every spell you know is cast, all at once and every weapon you have swings at the same time. It's pretty awesome.

I'm sorry P&T (tm) but we already have something like that. We call it alpha strike (tm).

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Black said:
I'm sorry P&T (tm) but we already have something like that. We call it alpha strike (tm).

feel free to imagine how bethesda would innovate on outdated 80s battletech mechanics my son

Kron

Arcane
Man that was too much.
Bethesda trying too hard to be edgy, or funny, or whatever.

LOL, they're so funny, things are OK with them now!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom