Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Armchair Empire contented with Bloodlines

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.armchairempire.com>Armchair Empire</a> have a positive <a href=http://www.armchairempire.com/Reviews/PC%20Games/vampire-masquerade-bloodlines.htm>review</a> of Troika's World of Darkness RPG, Vampire: Bloodlines. They liked it enough to score it <b>8.4/10</b>.<blockquote>Even outside of the aforementioned systems you're looking at a game that gives you a fair amount of versatility. You can play a stealthy night crawler, a powerful behemoth of the night, a seductive lady of the evening, or a brutal and hideous sewer-dweller. And although it is often hard to avoid combat in the main storyline when you're trying your hand at some of the more dapper, manipulation based classes, there are a fair number of things in the side quests that come to you much easier than it would for other players. But since you get pretty much the same results from all of the missions, no matter how you complete them, you may find you have little motivation to play through the thirty plus hours more than once.</blockquote>The easy solution to this is <i>not to finish the game on every playthrough</i>. If you stop playing the game at a certain point, it's really quite good.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Spazmo said:
The easy solution to this is not to finish the game on every playthrough. If you stop playing the game at a certain point, it's really quite good.
You know it's funny how true that is. I have played the game with every clan, yet I haven't beaten the game. I've only gotten to Chinatown once. I haven't had much time to play. In fact I haven't played a single game since maybe the end of November. At least the first part of Bloodlines is fun!

Jed

Cipher
Spazmo said:
The easy solution to this is <i>not to finish the game on every playthrough</i>. If you stop playing the game at a certain point, it's really quite good.
<exitium>NO MORE TEH FREE RIDESES!!1 PEPSIVESTCHEEKBONEraaarghgh!</exitium>

Spazmo

Erudite
Well, dojoteef, my cutoff point is right before the deplorable Hotel Hallowbrook quest. Chinatown is worth visiting just for the fortune teller dude.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Eh. I couldn't do that. I'd have to complete a game with every character I start. Just the way it works. It feels too fake just to stop midstream. And, besides, if the only way to like a game is to purpsoely stop at a certain time; then the game isn't worth playing at all, imo.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, the game's good prior to Hollowbrook. I can't stomach going through the Malkavian Mansion, the Museum and The Warrens yet again.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Malkavian Mansion, the Museum"

Hey, these two weren't too bad.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Volourn said:
And, besides, if the only way to like a game is to purpsoely stop at a certain time; then the game isn't worth playing at all, imo.
Well I didn't stop in the middle just so I could enjoy the game. I just haven't had a chance to finish the game yet. I mean, I at least want to know what the endings are. I just enjoy playing a game through concurrently with several different characters. It helps me see the differences in the experience much better.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"I mean, I at least want to know what the endings are. I just enjoy playing a game through concurrently with several different characters. It helps me see the differences in the experience much better."

Nothing wrong with that. :cool:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Malkavian Mansion, the Museum"

Hey, these two weren't too bad.

Museum was okay, except for the trip laser part. I didn't like how I couldn't dominate the guard behind the glass, either. When I saw the puzzle I figured I could use dominate on him and have him shut the lasers off, because that's what I'd have done in any PNP RPG. Instead, for some reason, you can't use disciplines through glass, and even if I couldn't dominate him to shut off the laser, I still had to break the glass open because I couldn't use the discipline through the glass...

As for the Malkavian mansion, the murder mystery was nice, but to quote Saint, "Mysterous murder of a malkavian honcho GOOD.. Flaming melee critters + insta-death wrong turns BAD."

Spazmo

Erudite
Exitium said:
Yeah, the game's good prior to Hollowbrook. I can't stomach going through the Malkavian Mansion, the Museum and The Warrens yet again.

All three of those locations are long before the Hell at the Hollowbrook Hotel quest.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I should have added a 'but' before that sentence.

It should read:
Yeah, the game's good prior to Hollowbrook. But I can't stomach going through the Malkavian Mansion, the Museum and The Warrens yet again.

It just goes to show that not everything I think in my head comes out in what I type. :oops: Like the time I credited MCA for Fallout's design in the Is Troika Dead thread. That was accidental. I should go over what I write more throughly in the future.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Don't worry about it Exitum. It happens to us all. Just look at Volourn's writing. It often comes out in an incoherent jumble. ;)

Fez

Erudite
Well it was a genuine mistake, you owned up to it and no one can call you a flip-flopper this time. So it isn't that bad. :)

It is amazing how a slip of word or two can change a whole paragraph without you noticing it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"It often comes out in an incoherent jumble."

Ha. Even when I mistype; my posts are a lot more coherent than most! Of course, that's more a sign of others being crappy than me being worthwhile. :D

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I know. That's why I'm grinning. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom