Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Pete Hines Clears Things Up

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Bethesda Softworks

Pete Hines, our favorite PR guy from <a href=http://www.bethsoft.com/>Bethesda Softworks</a> had a few things to say about GameSpot's <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/falloutworkingtitle/screenindex.html>screenshots</a> of a Fallout title in development by Bethesda Softworks for the PS2/X-Box console platforms. Some other <a href=http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.html?game=fallout>morons at GameFAQs</a> also came up with the idea that Pete was quitting his job when he made the announcement that Bethesda was <a href=http://www.bethsoft.com/links/bethsoft_jobs.html>hiring</a> help to deal with the Fallout Community. Here's what Pete had to say at <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11551&start=60>NMA</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>These are not Fallout 3 screens. I'm pretty sure they're screens from FOBOS, but I'm not sure as I don't know where they came from.
<br>
<br>
No, I don't know why GameSpot posted these as PS2 Fallout (working title) screens.
<br>
<br>
No, I don't know why our name is associated with them.
<br>
<br>
No, I am not quitting, I'm hiring help.
<br>
<br>
I think that should cover it.</blockquote>
<br>
Gavin "Kathode" Carter also had some <a href=http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11551&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0>words </a>to contribute to the fiasco at GameSpot:
<br>
<blockquote>Yeah, we had nothing to do with this. I have no idea what that game is or why they attributed it to us.
<br>
<br>
BTW, Pete still works for us in his same position and we still love him :) He's just looking for someone to help share his sizeable workload.</blockquote>
<br>
It's this simple: like much of the <a href=http://www.gamespy.com>mainstream</a> <a href=http://www.gamershell.com>gaming</a> <a href=http://pc.ign.com>press</a>, GameSpot consists of lackwit imbeciles who would sooner drool on themselves instead of displaying any degree of <a href=http://online.wsj.com/public/us>journalistic integrity</a>.

Surlent

Liturgist
I'd like to add also that Gamefaqs sucks goatballs when it comes to their forums.

Reklar

Liturgist
Wow, defense for Pete Hines. Who would have thought that would happen? :D Not that I don't think he doesn't deserve it, just that I'm surprised.

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

RGE

Liturgist
Reklar said:
Not that I don't think he doesn't deserve it, just that I'm surprised.
What's this then, a triple negative? Isn't that like a single negative, only more confusing? You word-ninja, you...

Reklar

Liturgist
RGE said:
Reklar said:
What's this then, a triple negative? Isn't that like a single negative, only more confusing? You word-ninja, you...

Heh, that's what happens when you post half-asleep. I didn't even realize it when I previewed it. At least it made sense, I think. :lol:

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Fez

Erudite
Time of the month I take it?

NeutralMilkHotel said:
Ahh.. The Codex. Where Gamers come to cry.

Quit whining about other people whining.

I detect a FLIP-FLOPPER :!:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Taoreich said:
word on the street is that he is full of shit

Yes, word from whiny, impatient, and immature little fucks.
Are you trying to say something?

Are you so stupid that you need to ask?
What's with all the aggressiveness? Trying to look cool? Anyway, there was nothing whiny, impatient, or immature in calling Pete full of shit. If you are too stupid to understand that, that's your problem. If you had something to say on that matter, should have said that when we were discusing that. And in conclusion, the only whiny little fuck here is you, so kindly stop trying to start a flame war, unless you are bored here and don't mind getting banned.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Taoreich said:

What's with all the aggressiveness? Trying to look cool? Anyway, there was nothing whiny, impatient, or immature in calling Pete full of shit. If you are too stupid to understand that, that's your problem. If you had something to say on that matter, should have said that when we were discusing that. And in conclusion, the only whiny little fuck here is you, so kindly stop trying to start a flame war, unless you are bored here and don't mind getting banned.

Oooo look! A quote pyramid! Yay!

Spazmo

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Taoreich said:

Internet archelogists believe that primitive peoples would build Quote Pyramids in order to bury dead discussions.

RGE

Liturgist
Reklar said:
RGE said:
Reklar said:

Heh, that's what happens when you post half-asleep. I didn't even realize it when I previewed it. At least it made sense, I think. :lol:
Actually, that's why it was confusing. The sentence ended up saying that you didn't think Hines deserved the defense, just that you're surprised he got it. It would've made sense (to me anyway) if it had said "not that I think he deserve it, and I'm surprised" or "did deserve it, just surprised". Semantics! :twisted:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Taoreich said:

Internet archelogists believe that primitive peoples would build Quote Pyramids in order to bury dead discussions.

The quote pyramid returns.

Fez

Erudite
Exitium said:
Spazmo said:
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Taoreich said:

Where?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Fez said:
Exitium said:
Spazmo said:
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Taoreich said:

Where?

Behind you.

DrattedTin

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Fez said:
Exitium said:
Spazmo said:
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Vault Dweller said:
NeutralMilkHotel said:
Taoreich said:

Where?

Behind you.

Tonight on the Discovery Channel, archaeologists pry into an unopened burial chamber in the Quote Pyramid of Ra Codex... ... oh, shucks, it's empty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom