Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Jeff Vogel gets us caught up with Spiderweb

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Avadon: The Black Fortress; Jeff Vogel; Spiderweb Software

<p>Indie Pub Games <a href="http://www.indiepubgames.com/news/indie-game-developer-jeff-vogel-spiderweb-software-inc" target="_blank">interviewed</a> Spiderweb's Jeff Vogel.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>Bigger is Better</strong><br /><br />Even though Avadon is Spiderweb's first iPad game, Vogel made it pretty clear that they plan to make all their games for iPad.<br /><br />"Several reasons," explains Vogel. "I think iPads are really cool. I think there is prestige these days in developing for portables. But, mostly, because I like money."<br /><br />Instead of covering all the iOS bases, Vogel said he's not as likely to release his games for iPhone and iPod Touch.<br /><br />"(It's) the screen size," said Vogel. "Our games have a lot of detail, spread out over a lot of terrain. After a lot of thought, I still can't think of a way to make it fit well on such a small screen. I'm afraid that a better designer than I is going to have to figure out how to solve that puzzle."<br /><br />Smaller might also not help Vogel's games exude that certain je n'sais quoi he wants people to experience with his games.<br /><br />"It's really hard to put into words. When I am designing something, I sometimes get a feeling in my gut. It just intrigues me, or interests me, or makes me think, 'Wow. That's cool,'" explains Vogel. "The best games just have elements that really engage the brain or the emotions. Like the satisfying feeling you get filling lines and making them disappear in Tetris, or the visceral feeling of reward you get killing a boss in World of Warcraft. I can't define what makes it, but I'm always seeking it."</p>
</blockquote>
<p>What a coincidence, I too like (to have) money.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/104142-spiderweb-software-interview.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

Flatlander

Liturgist
Maybe I'm not a true bro, but I think RPGs and tablets are a perfect match. It would be great to have some new gold box/darklands/kotc goodness on Android.

Oh, this was about Vogel. Nevermind...

Mortmal

Arcane
At least hes not telling us any bullshit , he dumbs down his games for the ipad crowd to make lot of money, you will never hear bioware saying that.

Micmu

Magister
Nah, he just completely lost it. Sad but true. Making (dumber) remakes of remakes (!) says it all. May he find his peace in this apple app store crap.
How is Geneforge anyways? I'm a sucker for good summoned allies. Where should I start?
It's awesome and start with the first one.

Elzair

Cipher
deuxhero said:
How is Geneforge anyways? I'm a sucker for good summoned allies. Where should I start?

Just start at 1 and work your way up.

saenz

Scholar
micmu said:
Nah, he just completely lost it. Sad but true. Making (dumber) remakes of remakes (!) says it all.

So I guess that makes him the George Lucas of indy gaming, amirite?

in digitally remastered 3D format...

Geneforge: Special Edition

Coming soon in 2013.

:smug:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
saenz said:
Geneforge: Special Edition

* Creations now have a charisma stat that dynamically changes their models from monstrous to attractive as they level
* You are able to specify the gender of creations
* Creations above level 3 are able to be romanced
* Create your own hybrids

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I like money too, that's why I pirated all of Vogel's games.

:yeah:

Well, I would have if I had felt like playing past the demo areas.

DakaSha

Arcane
PorkaMorka said:
I like money too, that's why I pirated all of Vogel's games.

I almost wish i had any interest in them so I could feel awesome pirating them :-/
Me and my wretched taste

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom