Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice v1.28 Released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice

<p><strong>Knights of the Chalice</strong> has seen another update - after all these years, *sniff* - with a lot of bug fixes and other improvements. For example Mass Cure/Heal spells will damage undead, Discharge and Soundburst will be working on Golems and the Knights' Commander won't go on a suicide rampage during the final fight at the keep. The game also creates auto-saves before critical points of no return (Undead Tower for instance). <a href="http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&amp;t=78#p736" target="_blank">Here's the full changelog</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&amp;t=78&amp;start=100#p3222" target="_blank">But beware:</a></p>
<blockquote>
<p>I've found another problem with the dialogue of the Thri-Kreen's priest so please don't drink from the Thri-Kreen's pool until another version is released. It messes up the dialogue with the witch in Corinth so that she won't help getting in the orc fort.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>You can download the demo <a href="http://www.mediafire.com/?phfhdzyhbz822g5" target="_blank">here</a>.</p>

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Mass Cure/Heal spells will damage undead

This game really isn't very glamorous for liches. Now with this update they'll get oneshot by clerics all over the place.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Making the game easier is not my definition of a patch.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Fixing previously bugged spells is certainly ok for a patch? Do the now working as intended spells make the game easier? Significantly easier? It's not like you needed Mass Heal vs Undead. Dominate Undead and single-target healing spells worked just as well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is nice and all but I'd prefer he spend all his time working on FWE so I can have it sooner rather than later.

malichaixx

Novice
I wanted to play this, but couldn't get it to run with Vista. I contacted him and he said it wasn't intended to run with Vista/wouldn't run with it so I never got to try it out.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
It runs fine in Win7 x64, so I find it weird that you can't get it to run in Vista. Even the description on the download page said the game was designed for Windows XP/Vista/7.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
yay!

Now i might finish the last battle!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom