Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim is Going to Make You its Bitch

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1182338p1.html">IGN</a>orance sat down with Skyrim's Lead Producer Craig Lafferty, who detailed five reasons why The Elder Scrolls V will be the best cRPG ever created by mankind:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<p>1. The story is yours to dictate</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>...the new Clairvoyance spell that draws a path along the ground to your next objective.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>...your character will automatically mould to your style, eliminating the need to get bogged down spending stat points.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>2. There's an insane amount of things to do and see</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>...on top of the main quest which is about 30 hours long.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>We still have the guilds &ndash; so the mage's guild, the thieves' guild, the fighters' guild, those are back.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>3. The dragons are never-ending</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>"It's not like you can defeat all of the dragons and they'll cease to exist &ndash; they'll always be there in the game."</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>4. Dragons won't necessarily all be your enemy</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Are all of the dragons in the mythical land of Skyrim evil, or will you be able to tame them for the purposes of fighting alongside you? Bethesda is keeping tight-lipped on the subject for now.&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>"We're not really getting into a whole lot of specifics about that," says Lafferty. "But they're not all out to kill you, let's just put it that way."&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>5. The world of Skyrim sure beats your boring real life</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>"We made Oblivion and then Fallout 3 on the current gen of consoles, so we've learned a lot more about how to bring a lot out of the current systems," says Lafferty. "So now we have a new UI system, a new animation system, a new renderer, the radiant story and then the world itself, so all these things kind of combine and as a result the world of Skyrim really feels like a solid place you can get lost in."&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Just how much is there to do and see in Skyrim? With 280 perks to unlock, five major cities to explore, over 300 books to find, 150 unique dungeons to loot...</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>You can read the entire article <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1182338p1.html">here</a>.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/103934-five-reasons-skyrim-is-going-to-make-you-its-bitch.html">GameBanshee</a></p>

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Are you drunk? the typos and capitalization errors are threats to our prestigious status as a gaming magazine, sir

I'd whine about this cocksucking if it wasn't commonplace

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
I find it surprising there are still people expecting this game to be any good.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
M4BE1R0 said:
Are you drunk? the typos and capitalization errors are threats to our prestigious status as a gaming magazine, sir

All text is from the actual IGN article. I edited nothing.

...the new Clairvoyance spell that draws a path along the ground to your next objective.

Does this mean quest compass is summonable, i.e., optional? Hmmm.

...your character will automatically mould to your style, eliminating the need to get bogged down spending stat points.

Given the "raise by use" skill system, this is actually a good thing.

3. The dragons are never-ending

4. Dragons won't necessarily all be your enemy

So they will respawn and sometimes will be passive, or be attacking some other creature. Sure is newsworthy around here

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Jaesun said:
M4BE1R0 said:

All text is from the actual IGN article. I edited nothing.
>greates
>capitalization
Do you want me to buy you a new bomb keyboard? Post your address :x

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
...your character will automatically mould to your style, eliminating the need to get bogged down spending stat points.

This sounds like marketing-speak for the use-based system that's been in every TES game ever, with the only difference being the loss of stats.

...on top of the main quest which is about 30 hours long.

I flat out don't believe this.

"It's not like you can defeat all of the dragons and they'll cease to exist – they'll always be there in the game."

So instead of being unique they'll just be random enemies that respawn infinitely.

5. The world of Skyrim sure beats your boring real life

Fuck you, IGN. Don't project your boring, pathetic existence on my life.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Xor said:
...on top of the main quest which is about 30 hours long.

I flat out don't believe this.

30 hours... As long as you walk everywhere instead of using quick travel and remember to stop and smell the flowers every now and then on the way!

Dragons will probably be reduced to a tiresome grind - but at least it'll be less of a headache than the retarded Oblivion gates, those got boring real fast.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
<p>...the new Clairvoyance spell that draws a path along the ground to your next objective.</p>

The hard-to understand quest compass has been replaced by a spell that draws a line to the ground showing where you are supposed to go next.

Cool. Because "WTF I can't go through this boulder to the direction where the compass is showing". True next-gen awesomeness.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Good. They dropped that whole bothersome rpg aspect. At least now I can enjoy my hiking/action game for what it is.

hakuroshi

Augur
Trojan_generic said:

The hard-to understand quest compass has been replaced by a spell that draws a line to the ground showing where you are supposed to go next.

Cool. Because "WTF I can't go through this boulder to the direction where the compass is showing". True next-gen awesomeness.

Good. Though not streamlined enough. We need a spell which instantly teleports PC to the next objective. And I suppose even that may be improved.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
At least they made it a spell, a spell you don't have to use. Better than having to mod out quest compass.

Morkar Left

Wow, that sounds really horrible :lol:

Zed said:
At least they made it a spell, a spell you don't have to use. Better than having to mod out quest compass.

Beware, it could be on top of the quest-compass.

Gwendo

Augur
Am I the only one bothered with the infine dragons thing? That's lame.

I would prefer a limited number of dragons. We could make expeditions to extinguish them in Skyrim. Hunt all dragons. Collect them all!

But no, they will be a nuisance... The game will throw them at you in the most inconvinient times... For gameplay reasons, not story or context.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gwendo said:
Am I the only one bothered with the infine dragons thing?

Well, i dont know about the others but it doesnt bother me at all. it is okay to be included. because im not going to play it :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom