Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review More Bloodlines related bad puns, love, and ignorance

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.gameindustry.com>Game Industry</a> has posted the latest <a href=http://www.vampirebloodlines.com>Bloodlines</a> <a href=http://www.gameindustry.com/review/item.asp?id=498>review</a>, giving it <b>5/5</b>, and stating that the game sucks, but it's a vampire game so it's teh funney.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Those who adore RPGs like me probably know that Bloodlines is the sequel to Redemption...</blockquote>A very promising beginning.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>One of the reasons I liked the game so much is because within this dark world you are forced to try to hold onto your humanity. If a vampire ever loses out to the beast inside, they are lost – and you will lose the game. So you must desperately try to help people so you can remember that good person you once were before you became a creature of the night. The results of losing humanity are all around you, so at least you will be well-motivated. In an ironic twist, my vampire had more humanity than many of the mortals around him.</blockquote>Desperately try to help people? Where do they come up with this shit?
<br>

Jinxed

Liturgist
I tried to lower my humanity to gain special dialog options, but not matter what I did it wouldn't drop below 3. And I didn't get any different dialogs.

Surlent

Liturgist
Teh 'special dialog optiosn' that appear don't have any color.
You get them when your humanity is below 5 or so.

For example, when facing that homicidial Nosferatu Brother Kanker of the Ninth Circle in the sewers in downtown, the dialog options are with high humanity something along this: "This is mad house." And with low humanity it's more like: "I like the decoration you have here."

Or when someone asks you to kill someone, with high humanity your options include more "that's immoral. I won't do it" and with low humanity "Murder ? Sure, no sweat."

Those options don't really add any new lines or solutions, just change the outlook of the text.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Never got any different (more evil or whatever) dialogue options by lowering my humanity, but it wasn't really a big deal. Then again, maybe I wasn't paying any attention?

The only dialogue option altering stuff I've noticed is adding points to your Persuade-skill and sometimes Inspection, but that's ruthlessly obvious and probably shouldn't be counted. :)

Edit:
Those who adore RPGs like me probably know that Bloodlines is the sequel to Redemption...
:lol:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
From what I've played, I've found that there was really no way to lower your humanity below 3. Killing the entire police squad, along with the SWAT, didn't do anything to lower my humanity beneath that point. I don't know if humanity-lowering quests managed to lower humanity even further if it was already at 3, but I doubt it.

That review is pretty full of shit, as evidenced by the first line. It's nothing but a series of unfounded assumptions into the game's nonexistent mechanics. While I might not have been as observant to the dialogue as Surlent has, the response you receive from NPCs is the same whether you speak to them with a low, or high humanity. There's only a limited number of responses they can provide you with, so the only thing that's changed is the outlook of your own dialogue. It was nothing compared to the responses you could get from 'Dumb dialogue' in Fallout or Fallout 2. Your humanity level had absolutely no impact on the game world (in terms of the plot) for that matter. All it meant was you were more likely to go into a frenzy as you ran out of blood points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom