Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Jeff Vogel discussed Geneforge 3 at RPG Vault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Geneforge 3; Spiderweb Software

<A HREF="http://rpgvault.ign.com" target="_blank">RPG Vault</A> spoke at length with <b>Jeff Vogel</b> of Spiderweb Software in a big <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/577/577839p1.html>interview</a> everyone can now enjoy (with two exclusive screenshots to show off the stunning visuals).<blockquote>Jeff Vogel: Geneforge 3 is the third part of a continuing storyline that will extend for <b>several more games</b>, but don't think you have to be familiar with the previous ones. I am very careful to provide all the details of the story and the setting, so you could start with Geneforge 3 and never miss playing the first two games.
<br>
<br>
Although, of course, I'd say you should play the early games. But I'm biased.
<br>
<br>
In Geneforge and Geneforge 2, we see the beginnings of the conspiracy to overthrow the Shapers, the gathering of power and the development of forces. In Geneforge 3, everything blows up.</blockquote>Emphasis mine--more Geneforge is always good, but on the other hand, I'd really like to see Vogel do other settings.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Though I'm kinda fed up with the setting this game still seems rather interesting. He mentions npc companions with their own comments and opinions, something I always like. The game also takes place over 5 different Islands, each with its own native life and towns. Also the fact that he has 70+ quests seems cool.

I really got all the confidence in Vogel creating another great rpg, though I'd love to see a new setting. Maybe that hinted at game will provide that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom