Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Skyrim Pre-orders to Come With a Map

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Bethesda Softworks <a href="http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/06/23/get-a-premium-skyrim-map-with-your-preorder/">announced today</a> that preorders of Skyrim will now come with a map:</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Get a premium Skyrim map with your preorder</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Making real maps of our fantasy worlds is an Elder Scrolls tradition. As Todd Howard said all the way back in a Morrowind blog post, &ldquo;There&rsquo;s something about having a physical object in your hands that feels like it&rsquo;s part of this other world, that you are that person in the game, finding your way among the hills.&rdquo;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>With that in mind, today we are announcing that anyone who preorders Skyrim will automatically receive a premium quality world map with their copy as a no-extra-cost-to-you bonus.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>To guarantee your copy of your premium quality world map, please pre-order today.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>With in-game quest compass, are world maps needed anymore? Is this the incline of cRPG Gaming? What physical &ldquo;object&rdquo; does Todd Howard really have in is hand?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p><em>Update: Had plenty of questions about the map. The map is a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and Europe. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game.</em></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/103614-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-pre-orders-to-come-with-a-map.html">GameBanshee</a></p>

Deleted member 7219

SuicideBunny said:
meh. i bet it's not even a cloth map.

What the fuck is this obsession gamers have with cloth maps? What the fuck use is a map made of cloth?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
thursdayschild said:
But no quest compass :(

But the quest compass is FREE Bryce. Even if you do not preorder.

That's how awesome Bethesda Softworks™ is!

Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
I doubles as a drool bib or cumsock for the Bethtards.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Matt7895 said:
SuicideBunny said:

What the fuck is this obsession gamers have with cloth maps? What the fuck use is a map made of cloth?

One thing is they last longer. Paper maps almost always tear at the seams while my Ultima maps still look like they were made yesterday :smug: .

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Cant wait.

zvsM0.jpg

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Does I get a real quest compass so I can find the power button to turn the game on? will it show me where to take a shit?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Morrowind was last Bethpizda game where you needed map mine has broken from over use :smug: Good old times , But now even Obsidian and CDPR install the horible quest compass even on small maps like in TW2 and DS3 :decline:

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Matt7895 said:
SuicideBunny said:

I doubles as a drool bib or cumsock for the Bethtards.
Get a toilet-paper roll; empty, naturally, by whatever means most convenient.
Cut it down its axis with scissors, so that it flops open like the ribcage of a cadaver under the scalpel of an unskilled forensic surgeon.
Slide the cloth map into it, so that one could conceivably fit their dick into it comfortably.
Use rubber-bands, or anything of that sort, to clamp the resulting tube. It must be freeform such that it adapts well to inserted objects of differing sizes.
Install a cum-dumpster of any sort.

Enjoy.

P.S.
This is not an admission of bethtardery.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
SuicideBunny said:

Bethesda said:
The map is a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and Europe. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game.

Cool.

Edit: oh, NA and Europe only. Fuckers. Not cool. Or very cool, I guess, if you're a Beth hater and the very idea of a map coming to your shores is enough to tip you over the edge.

adure

Liturgist
Commissar Draco said:
Morrowind was last Bethpizda game where you needed map mine has broken from over use.
but only cos ingame map was shit.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Matt7895 said:
they last much much longer (my u7 map is still intact, and i bought that game when it came out), don't have shitty folding marks and you can usually clean them at least in some way.
Shagnak said:
Bethesda said:
The map is a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and Europe. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game.

Cool.
bet lost... ah well.

Deleted member 7219

I still have my Morrowind GOTY map and it hasn't fallen apart because I have it pinned to the wall. Of course folding it and unfolding it will wear down the paper.

Matt7895 said:
SuicideBunny said:

Because I get paper maps even with fucking Grand Theft Auto, so unless it's made of cloth or something I don't see how it's even something worth of note.

But I don't see how a map, cloth or not, could be useful when nowadays you have a GPS on the corner of the screen and the map on your inventory is interactive. So I guess it just leaves the map as decoration, and cloth at least looks nice. My Morrowind paper map doesn't really leave the box.

Deleted member 7219

Well I found the map for Morrowind absolutely essential, because it has almost every ruin and cave marked on it. I remember how long it took me to find the Cavern of Moon and Star in my first playthrough of the game, until I thought to look at the map.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
They updated to note that it is, indeed, a cloth map

Update: Had plenty of questions about the map. The map is a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and Europe. There will be a regular paper map included in all copies of the game, but if you want to get the premium map, we recommend pre-ordering the game.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
what, no authentic nord barbarian codpiece? maps are so last gen, gamers have moved on from incentives like that

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We’ve received plenty of questions about the map. So you know, it’s a high-grade material that has a feel similar to burlap, and will be available in North America and European territories.

Australia is a North American territory at this point right? If not it will be by November.

Lunac

Arcane
Map for what? Few square miles, at best, of mountainous terrain, good part of it non-navigable (no matter what bullshit they showcase on pre-release videos).

Now Daggerfall, that one needed a fuken map! Hell, that one needed an Atlas!

I drive to work every morning for around an hour, I bike every weekend in the wildest of wildernesses for several hours. I don't need a map for either of those activities. How long do you think it would take a level 1 character in Skyrim to cross the landmass from one end to other? 6 minutes? 7 minutes? You could do it in Oblivion in like 15 minutes at most (or around there).

Like I said, map for what?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom