Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence June Update

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower Studios; Vault Dweller

<p>A new month, a new Age of Decadence development progression update. <a href="http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2103.0.html" target="_blank">Read here</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>A new month, and a new update about AoD! Sorry for the late post, but we've been working hard to show you something you have been waiting to see for quite some time... In this past month, we've been working hard on the civil AI and animations. Merchants selling their goods, people walking around, interacting with each other, workers carrying crates and other stuff. Nick created the system needed for this and now we are creating distinct civil AIs, like merchants, workers, tavern patrons, blacksmiths, beggars, librarians, miners, etc. We are still working on them, right now we don't have many, but now that the basic system is down we'll continue creating more in the following month. You will also hear some great music from a new composer that is working with us. He really nailed the style and mood we want for AoD, and we are very happy to have him on board.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Listen and watch:</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p style="text-align: center;">
<object width="640" height="380" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/svEzr3zIAj8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svEzr3zIAj8?version=3" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
</object>
</p>

Elzair

Cipher
Hey VD, how does it feel to be beaten to the punch by the Duke Nukem Forever team?

torpid

Liturgist
Looks good, but I thought they were only polishing the game before release. Looks like they keep adding new things, or does this count as polish? Or maybe VD is rewriting everything in a fit of perfectionist rage so Oscar has the time to improve the graphics.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If VD was a perfectionist he'd have scrapped the entire game and started over. :smug:

made

Arcane
I'll be damned, that actually does look pretty good. Game has come a long way. I might even torrent err, buy it to support the indie ofc. Though what's with the huge ass icons on the left? Xbox port already planned?

Regdar

Arcane
I'm not so sure about this one. Will it have DX 11? What about gay sex?

covr

Prophet
Patron
Very nice. I also like that new interface - I hope it will be as useful as it is good-looking. Probably The AoD will be the first game I've bought since The Witcher 1 :) :thumbsup:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
torpid said:
Or maybe VD is rewriting everything in a fit of perfectionist rage so Oscar has the time to improve the graphics.
That's what seems to be the case.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This is looking like rome 92 AD.

WHICH IS EXCELLENT! IF I HAD MONEY I WOULD GIVE YOU SOME JUST FOR NOSTALGIA.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They're just starting to implement the quests.

I predict a 4 month delay.

Christmas 2011, i called it first.

bat_boro

Arcane
Looking great!

Music reminds me of my namesake's work - Borislav Slavov (Knights of Honor, Gothic 2, Crysis 2)
Now if VD would hire Lena Headey for some voice work... :love:

Notorious

Augur
*Random comment about AoD not being released jet*

Off topic: I always liked it when the world seems more real by creating a real life sense for npcs but for an indie game it seems one hell of an extra mile. But it makes me that much more excited about the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom