Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review UGO: KOTOR 2 is awesome!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://www.ugo.com>UGO</a> has posted a very positive <a href=http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/features/starwarshistory/review.asp>review</a> of <a href=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords>KOTOR 2</a>, giving it a perfect <b>A+</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Obsidian seems to have taken just about everything that gamers found fun in KOTOR and just run wild with it. The end result is that the game's a little on the easy side, as you can just get silly with the upgrades, new force powers, and other powerups. It's still fun, though, and the game is still driven by an engaging plot
<br>
<br>
Obsidian has done an incredible job with Knights of the Old Republic II. Even though the introduction and ending are a bit iffy, the game's more than worth the effort of going through. The many new characters, items, and locations are excellent, and the hours upon hours of voiced dialogue are masterfully done. Yet again, a KOTOR game has trumped George Lucas' own prequel movies when it comes to the power of the characters and story. Every Star Wars fan should get their hands on both the first game and this one - they're well worth it.
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
The reviewer did mention the only flaw KOTOR 1 had: the NPCs couldn't sit down, so I wouln't put much faith in that review.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Okay... so this guy points out some flaws in the game, yet gives it a perfect score. Hmmmm..... something tells me this guy probably has SW memorabilia strewn throughout his house and workplace. Probably owns at least two of every SW action figure ever released too. :lol:

PennyAnte

Liturgist
The fact that the reviewer thinks KOTOR was open-ended is enough for me. Letting me "choose" whether I want to visit Water World or Sand Planet first does not an open-ended game make.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
PennyAnte said:
...does not an open-ended game make.

:lol:

I'll play this game over winter break and give an O-fficial review of it! Unless I die then it won't happen. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom