Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jeff Vogel Responding To Critics

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Avadon: The Black Fortress; Spiderweb Software

<p>After the release of Jeff Vogel's latest game <strong>Avadon: The Black Fortress</strong> <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=58887" target="_blank">a few</a> <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=58856" target="_blank">threads</a> popped up about it on the Codex. This prompted Jeff Vogel to <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">whine about</span> <a href="http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2011/05/avadon-out-for-windows-responding-to.html" target="_blank">respond to</a> the (unwarranted) criticism in those threads. A few samples:</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Because my morale is so high, I am going to do something I almost never do. I am going to go to a forum full of people who hate my games, my writing, and the mere fact that I still draw oxygen on this planet.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Yes, the entity commonly referred to as The Codex hates you, your games, your writing and the mere fact that you live. That's why we cover your games, <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=43260" target="_blank">discuss</a> <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=41430&amp;postdays=0&amp;postorder=asc&amp;start=50" target="_blank">your games</a>, and <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=96">review</a> your games. Need a tissue?</p>
<blockquote><em>"Yep, Jeff fucked this one up a bit - although not as bad as some people put it. Give him some credit, go to TPB and help yourself."</em></blockquote>
<blockquote>
<p>By TPB, the poster means The Pirate Bay. In other words, he's saying to go pirate it. I honestly think that most of these complaints are not sincere. They're just pretending the game is bad to justify their pirating it (and playing the whole thing three times). Another good reason to be very careful about whose feedback you accept.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I don't like the "I am so smart I pirate ALL games, and you should too!!11! "- attitude some exhibit around here either, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to fight those windmills. Why focus on the one pollack who mentions TPB in the first place instead of acknowledging that a lot of the residents here do buy your games regularily?</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Just don't ever let those people get into your head.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Read the rest of how Jeff Vogel doesn't let you get into his head <a href="http://jeff-vogel.blogspot.com/2011/05/avadon-out-for-windows-responding-to.html" target="_blank">here</a>.</p>

hanssolo

Educated
'sperger gonna 'sperge

edit: and, of course, completely overlook legitimate criticisms raised in the threads. Jeff Vogel, gourmand of low-hanging fruit.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
SuicideBunny said:
so, why is this rpg news?
dunno, because it concerns Avadon, Jeff Vogel, The Codex? Because it might spark more discussion whether Avadon sucks or not? Because I was bored? So many possible reasons...

R_ _

Barely Literate
VentilatorOfDoom said:
SuicideBunny said:
dunno, because it concerns Avadon, Jeff Vogel, The Codex? Because it might spark more discussion whether Avadon sucks or not? Because I was bored? So many possible reasons...

none of the animes on this site have sex scenes. why include the boobs and all that? i don't get it. all the lesbo without the balls of glue to make them scissors (hence make the cut). scissors also a sex move.

DakaSha

Arcane
R_ _ said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
SuicideBunny said:

none of the animes on this site have sex scenes. why include the boobs and all that? i don't get it. all the lesbo without the balls of glue to make them scissors (hence make the cut). scissors also a sex move.
whut

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Because I was bored?
oh_you.jpg

DakaSha

Arcane
Seriously I dont know much about vogels previous games (although i did play them a bit when i was younger) due to me just not being a huge RPG buff but this article seriously makes him sound like a grade A faggot.

And makes me proud to 'be part of' this delightful community :smug:

made

Arcane
Why would you bother with TPB when you can download the game from his website and unlock it with keys from the web, unless you want to do Jeff a favor and save him bandwidth?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THE MNOTHERFUCKER HAS A POINT THIS PLACE CANBE FILLED WIH MORE BLLEEDING CUNTS THAN LILITH FAIR

SOME BROS DESERVE A LITTLE RESPECT I PLAYED A LITTLE BIT OF A DEMO AND WASNT A FAN I WONT CRY BUT IF THE SAME HAPPENED TO MOST HERE THEY WOULD ACT LIKE HE FUCKED THERE MOM UP THE ASS AND FORGOT TO PAY HER

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO OKAY I READ THROUGH THE COMMENTS ON HIS SITE I GET WHERE THE BACKLASH HERE IS COMING FROM BUT I THIN THE NATURE OF THE NEGATIVE CRITICISM HERE STANDS OUT MORE ERGO OBSERVE

BRO GOOD GAME YOU MAKE GOOD OLDSCHOOL STUFF

BRO I PIRATE YOUR DOGFUCKER DUMBED DOWN SHIT LOLOOLLOLOLO

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
TheUnFlickable said:
BLOBERT said:
BROS THE MNOTHERFUCKER HAS A POINT THIS PLACE CANBE FILLED WIH MORE BLLEEDING CUNTS THAN LILITH FAIR

SOME BROS DESERVE A LITTLE RESPECT I PLAYED A LITTLE BIT OF A DEMO AND WASNT A FAN I WONT CRY BUT IF THE SAME HAPPENED TO MOST HERE THEY WOULD ACT LIKE HE FUCKED THERE MOM UP THE ASS AND FORGOT TO PAY HER

you are as discolored as a tranny and need you to join us in shaving sideburns.

BRO I AM WHITE AS A NORMOSEXUAL AND HAVE A CLEANLY SHAVEN CHEEK

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Didn't Vogel once say on his blog that it's fine to pirate his games if you can't afford it?

What the polack in question was suggesting is that you get the full game on TPB to see what's beyond the demo content. A lot of people just can't afford to pay 20 dollars for a game on the promise that it "gets better later" when the demo gives every hint that it probably doesn't.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO IF THE TWENTY DOLLARS WILL KILL YOU MAYBE TRY A JOB

YOU WONT PLAY YOUR FAVORITE RPG SEVEN TIMES BUT YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO AFFOR A FEW MORE OF THEM

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I think Monocause just tried to get people to realize that the game gets better later. See:
Monocause said:
I started to get into the game after the Wretch Warrens. Try it too, guys. Combat system is definitely better than the one in later Avernums - actually I think it's the best combat Jeff's ever designed yet.
Of course Jeff decided to ignore such comments preferring to rant about the evil Codex instead.

DakaSha

Arcane
Why would i even want to give the 20 dollars to somebody who made a shit game. I'm still butthurt about paying for Distant worlds, piece of shit.

But at least vogel has a reputation

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I think Monocause just tried to get people to realize that the game gets better later. See:
Monocause said:
I started to get into the game after the Wretch Warrens. Try it too, guys. Combat system is definitely better than the one in later Avernums - actually I think it's the best combat Jeff's ever designed yet.
Of course Jeff decided to ignore such comments preferring to rant about the evil Codex instead.
Yeah. I guess it's to show how Biowarian he is.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Wow, look at how he cherry-picks the least thoughtful and shortest comments from those threads and completely ignores the actual well-presented criticism that's also there. Butthurt detected indeed.

Also witness now the horrible truth:

Jeff Vogel said:
@vch: Avadon is very different from anything we've done before and it's a whole new property. That made me think it likely that it would do just OK. I am naturally pessimistic.

- Jeff Vogel

HE'S QUINN!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO COLUMBUS DID DISCOVER AMERICA BECAUSE THE PEOPLE ALREADY THERE DIDNT MATTER

LOLLOLLOLLOLL YOU ARE MY FRIENF

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Grow the fuck up, Ventilator. Your 4chandex newsposting is so shit that I immediately skip whatever it is as soon as I see your name at the top of the article.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO AGAIN I FEEL FOR THE MOTHERFUCKER IF I MADE A GAME AND THE FOLLOWINGT COMMENTS WERE MADE

KINDA GOOD
NOT AS GOOD AS THE LAST GAME FOR THE FOLLOWING INTELLIGENT REASON
BEST INDIE GUY OUT THERE
I HATE THIS GAME I HOPE TO FUCK HIS MOTHERS CORPSE

BRO WHICH OF THE ABOVE WOULD MAKE THE LASTING IMPORESSION!!!!!!

BRO I AM NOT SAYING YHOU ARE WRONG I JUST GET WHERE JEFF BROGEL IS COMING FROM

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom