Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Bloodlines reviewed at Jolt

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.jolt.co.uk>Jolt</a>'s <a href=http://www.jolt.co.uk/index.php?articleid=3020>review</a> of Troika's Vampire RPG is up. The score comes to <b>8.2/10</b>.<blockquote>The underdeveloped combat is merely the most serious of a litany of other complaints though. There are typographic errors, and the game’s frame rate can become distractingly jerky, even on our test machine which runs the superior-looking HL2 with ease. The AI of enemy characters in combat is also poor, ruining the stealth options open to you. The city of LA also has a strangely point and click adventure feel about it – there are always the same few people hanging around, and so the game word fails to convince as a living, breathing city.</blockquote>Well, to be fair, it's a vampire game, so living and breathing wouldn't quite be right.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I don't think the reviewer played past Santa Monica. All the screenshots are from Santa Monica. So I don't think it's a well rounded review. Next problem is this quote from the end of the review:

Instead we’re left with a still very good game that will prove to be a satisfying purchase for fans of vampires, or simply anyone bored by dull traditional Japanese-style RPGs.

Traditional, huh?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
What? What is he talking about by traditional styled Jap RPGs? This is an American game made by a company in the good ol USA. Japs shouldn't even be brought up. Why?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
He probably mentioned it because it's a fact that the market (console in partuclar) has been inundated in nothing but JRPGs for the past 3 years or so with very few breaks in between for regular RPGs like KOTOR.

LlamaGod

Cipher
I think he means that Japanese RPGs are the standard and Troika is going against it with Bloodlines or something.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Exitium said:
He probably mentioned it because it's a fact that the market (console in partuclar) has been inundated in nothing but JRPGs for the past 3 years or so with very few breaks in between for regular RPGs like KOTOR.

Bloodlines is a PC only game, I don't see the connection. I'm confused. Oh and btw, that website design they have going on is horrible.

deus

Liturgist
I think he meant a "traditional" Japanese RPG like Final Fantasy as opposed to a "non-traditional" Japanase RPG like Romancing Saga 3. Confusions like this make me think everyone should speak lojban.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
And he wasn't comparing BL to a traditional Japanese RPG in the first place. He was merely implying that BL was better than those in a "omg it's another Final Fantasy title! here comes the orgasm!" anti-fanboy kind of way. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom