Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Bloodlines talk at GameAxis

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Looks like <b>Leon Boyarsky</b> just can't take a break at all, before or after release of Troika's latest RPG, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. He's done an <a href=http://www.gameaxis.com/articles/view.gax?id=413&gid=792>interview</a> for <a href=http://www.gameaxis.com>GameAxis</a> which discusses, well, Bloodlines.<blockquote>GaX: How would you categorize Bloodlines in terms of genre, with respect to the kind of game experience you're creating?
<br>
<br>
Boyarsky: Bloodlines is definitely an RPG – an RPG with a lot of action, but still a very deep and involved RPG. Every clan has a different feel to it, there are a lot of different ways to play the quests, and there are several different endings based on the player’s choices made during the game. We really wanted to make a real “action RPG” that didn’t sacrifice the RPG for the action.</blockquote>Well, yeah, the choices do come 'during the game', but of course they're largely 'during the last couple hours of the game', if we're talking about the decisions that actually affect the ending.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I was rather dissapointed to find out that none of the actions you make during the course of the game, especially those actions early on, like choosing to save the life of Therese against Jeanette's, or saving them both, or helping Ash at the Asp Hole have any effect on the game's endings. Even joining the Anarchists by talking to Damsel doesn't do much to change the course of the game.

It's linear to the core.

Jinxed

Liturgist
And those choices are lame too. Despite that you are Brujah, went Anarch all the way, talked back to the prince, used every chance you could to verbally abuse the Camarilla, and on top of that you know LaCroix tried to have you killed and framed your ass, you can still go "The prince will take me in when he sees the truth". Whatever you did and how you behaved during the course of the game is totally irrelevant.

suibhne

Erudite
Seven said:
I'm curious has anyone else gotten all of the endings via a quick reload?

I think you meant "a quick reload followed by tortuously retreading the punishing last few game levels."

Fresh

Erudite
So. A buncha games from Troika failing to reach the class of FO. Makes one wonder where the peeps responsible for the FO-gameplay nowadays at - since they arent at Troika (?). Or are we talkning daft publishers f**ing up their games?

PS. Heya all DS.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
While I don't think ti's necessary that every single thing I do merits a change in the game or the endgame, it's a let down that it's going Deus Ex and KoTOR-style in regards to the endings.

That and the combat are already two reasons that are making me question if I'll enjoy the game.

roguefrog

Liturgist
Well if its any news to you guys I am unable to side with the Chinese at the end. And I've heard someone else couldn't side with the Prince. I believe certain dialogs through the game bar certin endings from being a choice in the cab ride.

Whipporowill

Erudite
That's what I heard - that if say you piss of the anarchs during the game, you don't get to side with them in the end. I for one didn't get the chance to side with the Kue-Jin but could choose to side with the anarchs, the prince or create my own destiny by killing off both Lacroix and Ming Xao. And that was with my diplomatic uber-friendly Ventrue.

Spazmo

Erudite
Which is a goddamn shame. Still, since every slide would more or less be "This group of vampires was slaughtered to the last when Gehenna came" just because of how White Wolf was ending V: the Masquerade at the time, maybe it's somewhat understandable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom