Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 CDProjekt Conference, Spring 2011

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

<p>CDProjekt will host another The Witcher 2 conference and broadcast it live.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Hello,</p>
<p><br />CD Projekt RED has just set the date of its spring conference, which will take place on the 14th of April 2011 in Warsaw, Poland. With the release date of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings right around the corner, it is imperative for every fan of our series to be the witness of this event as it will provide you with a lot of useful information about the upcoming game.<br />The event will cover following topics:</p>
<p><br />- Minimum and recommended system requirements, as well as their effect on game's&nbsp; performance,<br />- Differences in specific language versions and censorship,<br />- Copy protection will be talked about in greater detail,<br />- Importing save-game data from the first part of The Witcher,<br />- REDengine details,<br />- And many more.</p>
<p><br />There is also a rumor that our friends at <a href="http://af.gog.com/en/frontpage?as=1649904300" target="_blank">GOG.com</a> might have prepared something very special for that day (not only in regards to The Witcher 2;). You should probably visit their website frequently to find out more.</p>
<p><br />The English part of the conference will be broadcasted live at <a href="http://www.facebook.com/thewitcher" target="_blank">facebook.com/thewitcher</a> and the game's official website, <a href="http://www.thewitcher.com/" target="_blank">www.thewitcher.com</a>. The broadcast will start at 4:00 PM (GMT), make sure to tune in.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Here you can listen <a href="http://www.thewitcher.com/images/newsletter/Krzysztof_Wierzynkiewicz_-_Dragon_Battle.mp3" target="_blank">how it sounds</a> when Geralt fights a dragon.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jaesun said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
- Importing save-game data from the first part of The Witcher

Well fuck! Guess I know what game I need to finish before May 17th....

My guess is the discussion will consist of: you won't be able to do it. I don't see how it would work given the overhaul of the abilities system.

Data4

Arcane
Metro said:
Jaesun said:
VentilatorOfDoom said:
- Importing save-game data from the first part of The Witcher

Well fuck! Guess I know what game I need to finish before May 17th....

My guess is the discussion will consist of: you won't be able to do it. I don't see how it would work given the overhaul of the abilities system.

It'll probably just be story flags based on decisions you made in the first game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Yeah. Just reading the story flags from the save would not be hard to do. I hope there are some C&C if you do import your save. Would be awesome.

tetsuo

Scholar
Yay i wanted to replay it anyway only played 1 time trough it when it came out this gives me another reason to do it ^^

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Yeah, I have to prepare save. If inventory will be at least partialy imported, I need to gather some stuff. Diamonds, rubies, golden rings... Quality alkohol. What weapons? Hmm...
To grind or not to grind.
VentilatorOfDoom said:
Copy protection will be talked about in greater detail
I have a bad feelings about that. I really do.

Deleted member 7219

What choices are there which would have an effect in Witcher 2? It has been a while since I played the first one, but from what I recall most of the choices were to do with minor characters. I suppose the ending might be quite important but I can't see much else.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Matt7895 said:
What choices are there which would have an effect in Witcher 2? It has been a while since I played the first one, but from what I recall most of the choices were to do with minor characters. I suppose the ending might be quite important but I can't see much else.
Mostly, shitload of characters being dead or alive. What consequences it can bring, it is up to an imagination of the authors. It can be fun, or bullshit. Or not there at all. We'll see.
The entire blues eyes quest had no real consequences in the first game. Will they follow it?
I remember, when trying to cure the werewolf, I half expected that he'll kill his whorish girlfriend one day, so I'll have to hunt him down anyway. It still can happen, in the sequel. Or, if you killed him, the girl can seek revenge.

mangsy

Educated
Jaesun said:
Yeah. Just reading the story flags from the save would not be hard to do. I hope there are some C&C if you do import your save. Would be awesome.

This. Although, can anyone think of a game that has done C&C from save game imports in a satisfying way?

Deleted member 7219

mangsy said:
Jaesun said:

This. Although, can anyone think of a game that has done C&C from save game imports in a satisfying way?

Mass Effect 2, with things like Wrex being alive and the Liara romance (Shadow Broker DLC). It was also funnyhaving aliens being all pissy with me for letting the Council die.

Data4

Arcane
Pegultagol said:
Is it recommended that you play the first game to get a better understanding of the second?

Hard to say, but I imagine the second one will stand on it's own regardless of bringing in savegames. If you want a better understanding of the game world, sure, give it a go. TW is a good game. Not a great RPG, but still a good game. There's also a wiki that gives all sorts of background info on Sapkowski's works, the games, the TV show, etc.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Data4 said:
Hard to say, but I imagine the second one will stand on it's own regardless of bringing in savegames. If you want a better understanding of the game world, sure, give it a go. TW is a good game. Not a great RPG, but still a good game. There's also a wiki that gives all sorts of background info on Sapkowski's works, the games, the TV show, etc.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will give it a try.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Gordon Freeman said:
Yeah, I have to prepare save. If inventory will be at least partialy imported, I need to gather some stuff. Diamonds, rubies, golden rings... Quality alkohol. What weapons? Hmm...

Sarcasm? Really don't see the point in hording items for the sequel. Not as if stuff was scarce in the first game.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Metro said:
Gordon Freeman said:

Sarcasm? Really don't see the point in hording items for the sequel. Not as if stuff was scarce in the first game.
Larping. Really, I'm at the end of ch.2 anyway. I was dinking my fifth beer, when it occured to me, that it can be fun, to assume that only my moving inventory will be imported, not the inkeeper's one, and figure out what should I hoard. They are bound to somehow reduce your money... Even if it will be ignored by the next game, it can be somewhat amusing in it's own right.
:mca:

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Excidium said:
I knew I should have kept my save, now I'll have to play that shit again.
Hopefully they'll allow you to pick some things at the beginning of TW2. If not, a save game editor won't take long to appear. It's what I used for Mass Effect 2.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe they'll implemet Q&A method from KOTOR2. Anyway if the story about war between Redania and Temeria being central plot is true all those imports will be cosmetic ala DA2. BTW playing ME2 without savegame from first part was most grimdarkish. I was too soft to kill Wrex or place this dichead ambassador into human council in my playthrou so darksideending becoming cannon was :incline: :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom