Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Leon spills the beans for FileFront

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Leonard Boyarsky; Troika Games; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

<a href=http://www.filefront.com>FileFront</a> got Troika bigwig <b>Leon Boyarsky</b> to do an <a href=http://articles.filefront.com/Vampire_Bloodlines_Interview/;234;;;/article.html>interview </a> with them about the recently released Vampire Bloodlines.<blockquote>Q: What are some of the features that will separate Bloodlines from the "rest of the pack," especially from big-name titles like Half-Life 2 and DOOM 3?
<br>
<br>
A: Well, the most obvious difference between us and HL-2 or Doom3 is that while we have a good amount of action, Bloodlines is a true RPG. I haven’t had a chance to play either of those games yet (and I’m sure they’re both fantastic), but I know that neither of them lets you pick the character you want to play and then develop that character in the direction of your choosing. And since they don’t let you pick your character, there’s no NPC reaction to the different character types you may be playing, etc.</blockquote>Based on some of the responses, the interview seems to have been done before release, so there's really just a lot of optimism in there.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rpgdot.com">RPGDot</A>

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That interview is pretty ironic. These two questions come back to back:

Q: Could you introduce yourself and Bloodlines for the uninitiated?

Q: Troika has a history in making totally badass RPG’s. What made the company decide to work on a completely different genre like an FPS?

Who knows what the hell that boy was thinking when he wrote those questions.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Damn you Saint, you beat me to it. I guess I would add this question as well:

Q: Will I be able to suck blood from people's necks? I like sucking blood.

Where was this interviewer, in the fucking sewers all year? It seems like he hadn't heard a thing about Bloodlines until the interview.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
He forgot to ask Leon "So, can I, like, play as a vampire? Far out!" question.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Yeah, that dialog option is completely out of character for most everyone, but it's there as a standard dialog option regardless of clan/gender/whatever. I know this since I've seen it with at least 3 different characters, one being a really articulate Ventrue.

Mendoza

Liturgist
I wouldn't mind an MMORPG if it had actual roleplaying and conversation and skills paths through the game. But since Troika didn't even manage that through the main quest of a single player game, I wouldn't be overly confident.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Yeah, you are right on target, Arcanum had sloppy shiity boring dialog that didn't go anywhere :thumbup:

As for the one in bloodlines, I stated before the release that the voice acting will effect how it goes and I was right. However, while it's not uber stuff, it's just different. You need to watch how NPCs react to what you say, how they say thing what type of smile appears on their face and their tone. They just tried something different this time around and I like it.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Whipporowill said:
Hey... possibly three teams? That would mean that there are already TWO teams at m? Whoaa. And whataver you do Timmeh, stay away from the beast that is MMORPG! :shock:

Well they did create both ToEE and Bloodlines in conjunction. Could be a reason for all the bugs, they were just spread too thin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom