Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dungeon Siege 3 Hands-On Preview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Dungeon Siege III; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>There's a <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/videos/52047/Dungeon-Siege-3-Hands-On-Preview/" target="_blank">hands-on preview</a> of <strong>Dungeon Siege III</strong> available at G4TV.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Dungeon Siege is back, this 3rd chapter coming from Fallout: New Vegas' Obsidian Entertainment. Morgan Webb and Lead Designer Nathaniel Chapman go hands-on with loot grabbing, dungeon crawling, and the benefits of drop-in drop-out co-op.</p>
</blockquote>

Project: Eternity
Goddamn I cannot stand that Morgan Webb chick.

This actually looks like a fun game. I'm at least excited to see how the Onyx engine works for them, because it appears to run seamlessly. It's a bit too early to judge how *pretty* it looks, given that we only have a bunch of consolefag previews of the game, but I've got my hopes up.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Comments

Millith

.....WHAT?!? This is so far off the band wagon of the first two games I'm appalled. I'm sure the game will be alright but Its not dungeon siege. This is just a case of trying to used a title everyone loves to just sell copies. Sorry to be so tough but I want DUNGEON SIEGE 3 not another baldur's gate.

:lol:

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
malko_sundervere said:

Totally with you on this. Her voice and speech mannerism is so annoying I had to mute. Otherwise, it looks like an ok hack and slash.

dragonfk

Erudite
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Comments

Millith

.....WHAT?!? This is so far off the band wagon of the first two games I'm appalled. I'm sure the game will be alright but Its not dungeon siege. This is just a case of trying to used a title everyone loves to just sell copies. Sorry to be so tough but I want DUNGEON SIEGE 3 not another baldur's gate.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
dragonfk said:
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Comments

Millith

:x :decline: :x :decline: :x :decline:

Looks better and better.

dumuh

Educated
Yaar Podshipnik said:
malko_sundervere said:

Totally with you on this. Her voice and speech mannerism is so annoying I had to mute. Otherwise, it looks like an ok hack and slash.

She sounds like a Canadian trying to suppress her accent in favor of a general American accent... Oh wait.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Yaar Podshipnik said:
malko_sundervere said:

It's really just that opening segment with just her voice, where she tries to sound...well I'm not sure what she's trying to sound but it ends up being retarded. In the interview she's more normal.

catfood

AGAIN
I haven't really been following this game but from what I understand there's no more party like the previous games right? So is this game like Revenant? Man, that game had an awesome combat system. Can your character block, learn combos as he levels up, does he have stamina etc? Or is it a "press a button something awesome happens" affair like DA2? Because if it's the former I'm sold.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
catfood said:
I haven't really been following this game but from what I understand there's no more party like the previous games right? So is this game like Revenant? Man, that game had an awesome combat system. Can your character block, learn combos as he levels up, does he have stamina etc? Or is it a "press a button something awesome happens" affair like DA2? Because if it's the former I'm sold.

Its the former. There are even bonuses/achievments tied to "perfect" runs.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Obsidian that sucks at combat makes a game from a combat-oriented series.

What else do you need to know about this upcoming piece of shit?

cogar48

Educated
MetalCraze said:
Obsidian that sucks at combat makes a game from a combat-oriented series.

It's hard to judge right now. Have to play it at least 7 times first.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:

I want to know if inovative and awesone dialogue system from AP will be implemented. ;)
It's can't be more shitier than DA2 can be? Since I didn't liked both prequels much I can be even suprised in plus.I won't buy it before trying anyway. :D Skyway keep your hate pure and strong you'll need it in grimdark and consoltarted future. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom