Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Jools' Drakensang Review

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tags: Drakensang

<p>Since the dawn of humanity Man has wondered upon the nature of time. Is the experience of its passage indicative of a real process? Is it a form of <em>Anschauung</em>, constitutive of our everyday experience, but not <em>per se</em>&nbsp;a part of it? The RPG developers from Radon Labs attempted a metaphorical analysis of the subject in <em>Drakensang 2: The River of Time</em>, partly based on Cratylus and Heraclitus. Still, a long-standing tenet of RPG Codex has been that the passage of time does not apply to good games; they don't age. (Well, bad old games continue to be bad, too). That's why, even though the game is already a few years old, we bring you&nbsp;<a href="http://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=221">Jools' review of <em>Drakensang: The Dark Eye</em></a>.</p>

Norfleet

Is the end REALLY that bad? I mean, NWN2 had "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" as the endng.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Drakron said:
Jools said:
That is the River of Time ("Drakensang 2") ending. It's sort of alright.

Ah, crap ... not my day to get games right.

This is the Drakensang: The Dark Eye (game reviewed) ending, inclusive of the boss fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DSyQBI2LDw

Well its rather short but it still does not pisses me off.

It doesn't look too bad after watching it again now. Well, it's still mediocre at best, but felt much worse after playing the whole game. :)

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Norfleet said:
Is the end REALLY that bad? I mean, NWN2 had "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" as the endng.
Only retards use TVTropes catchphrases to name tropes. Stop being a retard, retard.

Bigot_

Novice
ChaosEngine02.png

Norfleet

Kosmonaut said:
Only retards use TVTropes catchphrases to name tropes. Stop being a retard, retard.
It was Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies before TVtropes touched it. And that really *IS* the ending.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, if you play MotB, you find out that not everyone dies.

Norfleet said:
Kosmonaut said:
It was Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies before TVtropes touched it. And that really *IS* the ending.

The worst ending I've ever seen was in some BBC sci-fi series, the name of which eludes me right now. In (what turned out to be) the last episode, they had every character run into a room where they were all gunned down in rapid succession.

Bodies lying on floor. Fade to black.

Boubba

Novice
Reptilian Shapeshifter said:
Norfleet said:
Kosmonaut said:

The worst ending I've ever seen was in some BBC sci-fi series, the name of which eludes me right now. In (what turned out to be) the last episode, they had every character run into a room where they were all gunned down in rapid succession.

Bodies lying on floor. Fade to black.

Maybe you are thinking of Blake's 7 ?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thank You for the review of this underappreciated game. It certainly deserves more attention than it gets. :salute:

Yes, combat in Drakensang really is bad, but still better than DA:O's.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Nice. I expected much more bashing and insulting. Thanks all for both appreciating or politely criticizing. Glad my first review didn't go -too- bad. :)

It was "bad". Its just all the lolololol he is one of us mentality.
There is zero truly "ujnique" or good stuff in it. It could have been a IGN review writing wise. Nothgin to see. But you did it anyway where nobody else wanted to so :salute: to you.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Black Bart Charley said:
It was "bad". Its just all the lolololol he is one of us mentality

In my defense, that never saved anyone from being shredded to dust, here on the codex. Not even the "untouchables", let alone a 2009 newfag like me. :)

Bigot_

Novice
It was "bad". Its just all the lolololol he is one of us mentality.
There is zero truly "ujnique" or good stuff in it. It could have been a IGN review writing wise. Nothgin to see. But you did it anyway where nobody else wanted to so Salute to you.

That's because we judge game reviews based on how accurately the strengths/weaknesses of the game are laid out in the review, not LOLOL WRITING KOALA TEA

There is nothing wrong with IGN/Gamespot writing quality or organization. It's the sheer amount of blind cocksucking most reviewers there do that gets them bashed.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
That was a pretty fair review imo. Maybe you should have included some drama, threats to kill yourself at some point, or better some of the devs?! Something to make it spectacular?
Dunno. I'm ok with the way it is. Dängs.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Solid made CRPG game as graphics, sound and mechanic go you can feel it's made in Reich but unfortunetly the plot was designed with famous german imaginetion too (it's uninspiring, lineral and lack any meaning C&C). :D Almost completed it thoug but the ending is realy :decline. It's the oposite to Obsidian or Troyka games technicly superior but soulles. 6,6/10.

a budda

Arbiter
so what the hell is wrong with combat? is it really so fucked up?

cause it's pretty good in RoT...

so... there are no patches? still?
have the honourable reviewer played RoT? how do they compare?

also: wtf with those movies? are they playing on easy?
it took me like at least two hours in RoT

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom