Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Obsidian working on 1 Slam Dunk, 2 Original Titles

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Feargus Urquhart; Obsidian Entertainment

<p>In an <a href="http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/02/obsidian-entertainment-chipping-away-at-two-original-rpgs-one-licensed-game/" target="_blank">interview with Silicon Era</a>, Feargus revealed that <strong>Obsidian</strong> is working on one licensed title and is making a go at two original titles.</p>
<blockquote>"We are working on another licensed property right now, that has not been announced," said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. "But, it&rsquo;s a licensed property when we do announce it everyone is going to go &lsquo;well, of course you had to make that game.&rsquo;"</blockquote>
<blockquote>"We do have two other games we are proposing right now," Urquhart revealed to Siliconera. "One that we already got to a prototype stage and both are properties we&rsquo;ve come up with ourselves."</blockquote>
<p>The article mentions that the licensed title might be the <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40953" target="_blank">Wheel of Time project</a>, but that doesn't sound right considering WoT was previously announced. I predict <strong>Torn II: The UnCancelling</strong>.<br /><br /><em>Thanks to Jaesun for pointing this out</em></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Jason

chasing a bee
Did the Icewind Dale thing blow over? If not, that seems likely.
Was under the impression that was something they recently started talking about, rather than something in development. I could be wrong.

Better BG3 than IWD3, they've already exceeded their H&S quota with DS3.

If I was a wide-eyed little girl full of hope and dreams I'd wish for the license project to be a V:TM game.

If the little girl was a bit of a whore she'd tell uncle Feargus it could suck money out of the twilight/trueblood fangirls.

Much as I'd love to see the Black Hound, Torn or a new V:tM game, I'd say the licensed projects sounds more like something along the lines of a (standalone?) Skyrim expansion.

Big license could be Game of Thrones RPG as there's a lot of stuff planned for this IP in 2011-12
7th tome of book in July
RTS game
tv series

but much safer bet's would be ICD3 or BG3

or some IP from SE/Eidos stable as they seem to have good terms with them for now.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Jaesun said:
If they got the TORN licence... oh man. I think I just came in my pants. :oops:
I will not give in to those ridiculous fallacies, impossible dreams and futile hopes. never.

(MUST... STOP... FAPPING...)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Another Fallout game, Baldur's Gate 3, NWN3, IWD 3, or maybe KOTOR3 are my guesses.

Edit: Actually, The Neverwinter Nights trademark was just renewed by WotC last year...

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
There can't be a PS:T 2. It would be too hard to live up to the original.

Dantus12

Educated
Well I can't remember where I got it from but I think one is a XBLA title and the second somehow new IP , but is being only presented in it's prototyped form to possible publishers is some fantasy title called Defiance .

Then there is the licensed IP, so waiting for E3 I guess.

Melcar

Arcane
It will probably be some stupidly retarded shit, and we will all cry and moan about it in a few months.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Melcar said:
It will probably be some stupidly retarded shit, and it will still be the closest thing to a real RPG we get that year.
Fixed :?

RPGMaster

Savant

Get read to screw blue furries. Even CA won't deny you that. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom