Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Another NWN module preview at RPGVault

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: BioWare; BioWare Digital Distribution

The other day, <A HREF="http://rpgvault.ign.com" target="_blank">RPG Vault</A> had a short <a href=http://rpgcodex.com/index.php#2988>preview</a> of Shadowguard, one of the modules to be featured on the BioWare online store. Today, they've done one of <a href=http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/564/564402p1.html>Kingmaker</a>, another of the pay-to-play modules.<blockquote>The story element is a definite highlight. <u>Perhaps most noteworthy is the dramatic beginning, which I won't spoil by revealing it.</u> Kingmaker also features strong development of the NPC party members, primarily achieved through plenty of interactions among them and with the player character. The critical path has an interesting, unusual structure with a significant non-linear aspect. You must complete at least a minimum number of quests out of a larger total; you can tackle them in the order you choose, and the rest become optional. There are also various areas you can explore or not, as well as fun elements like relationships with romantic overtones and a talking weapon you can improve over time.</blockquote>You start in an academy, don't you?
<br>
<br>
EDIT: It's a preview of Kingmaker, not Shadowguard--thanks, Volourn.

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Spazmo said:
You start in an academy, don't you?

Nope. I know how funny you think that is, though, so you can go ahead and laugh anyway. :)

littleboy

Liturgist
a training acadamy with only one way to escape and only one room with escape pods and only one escape pod. Oh and it gets borded by the enemies 12yr old soldiers with 2 hit points :)

Astromarine

Erudite
You know, I find it ironic that for computer games in the last, say, *decade*, the player starting in a tavern and being told about a perilous dungeon with fabulous riches would actually be ORIGINAL AND UNHEARD OF!

Avin

Liturgist
and now it's time to volo shows up and say: OMG OMG OMG DGAIDER IS TEH GHOD!!!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The other day, RPG Vault had a short preview of Shadowguard, one of the modules to be featured on the BioWare online store. Today, they've done one of Shadowguard, another of the pay-to-play modules."

Do your research properly. until then you lose your sarcasting news updater card.

"now it's time to volo shows up and say: OMG OMG OMG DGAIDER IS TEH GHOD!!!"

A true god wouldn't tell me to STFU when using sarcasm. Nor would they be responsible for Deekin or Minsc. R00fles!

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
xJEDx said:
Dgaider said:
Nope. I know how funny you think that is, though, so you can go ahead and laugh anyway. :)
Aw, c'mon Dave--it's funny & you know it.

Baribeth: Oh no! All the other students have been killed!
PC: Yeah. By kobolds. Why didn't you do anything to stop it?
Baribeth: Me? I... was busy.
PC: Uh-huh. You look a lot like Aribeth.
Baribeth: Who? I'm Baribeth. As in "bare". As in "look at my --
PC: Yes, I get it.
Baribeth: There's a whole segment of the population we haven't pandered to, yet, you know. Statistics don't lie.
PC: Uh-huh. I suppose there's some danger you need me to handle?
Baribeth: Yes! Terrible danger!! OMFGBBQ!!!! How did you know?!
PC: I took a stab at it. Are you going to help?
Baribeth: Me?
PC: Yeah, you. You're, like, 40th level or something aren't you?
Baribeth: Oh, puh-lease. All these things con grey to me, you know. I don't get any XP for them so I just leave them be.
PC: But they slaughtered all the students!
Baribeth: Yes, well, they had their chance for some XP, though, didn't they? I don't like to steal kills.
PC: I'm going to the tavern.
Baribeth: Good choice. There are several unrelated side quests there. You will find that every patron is involved with one.
PC: Lucky me.

Note: this scenario occurs nowhere in Kingslayer at all. Or Shadowguard, for that matter.

(I am beginning to think, however, that it begs to be written as a full module.)

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Volourn said:
A true god wouldn't tell me to STFU when using sarcasm. Nor would they be responsible for Deekin or Minsc. R00fles!

I wasn't responsible for Minsc, you putz. :p

Volourn

Pretty Princess
But, you were the one he was modeled after. :P

This is good. The more you call me putz, and STFU; the more ammo I got when someone accuses me of sucking up to you. :twisted:

Seriously, ok, you are responsible for Deekin. That's scary enough.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I didn't play HOTU all the way through (I really should, one of these days) so I don't know if all those rumors about the Deekin romance side-quest is true. Are they?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I didn't play with Deekin in HOTU. I saw him, and ignored him.

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Volourn said:
I didn't play with Deekin in HOTU. I saw him, and ignored him.

And yet you talk about him as if he's somehow contemptible without ever having actually used him in the game.

Hmmm.

Is this the part where you proudly assert that you don't need to be consistent and follow it up with a "roofles" and a smiley-face?

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn said:
"The other day, RPG Vault had a short preview of Shadowguard, one of the modules to be featured on the BioWare online store. Today, they've done one of Shadowguard, another of the pay-to-play modules."

Do your research properly. until then you lose your sarcasting news updater card.

AW, FUCK!

...thanks for the correction.

EDIT: Oh, hey, Dave, thanks for the exclusive first look at the opening area of Dragon Age!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"And yet you talk about him as if he's somehow contemptible without ever having actually used him in the game."

I used him for long enough in SOU to get the picture, and his conversation from tlaking to him in HOTU when you first meet him was enought o determine nothing had changed. I never judged him on his bard skills; but his personality.

"Is this the part where you proudly assert that you don't need to be consistent and follow it up with a "roofles" and a smiley-face?"

R00fles!

"AW, FUCK!

...thanks for the correction."

Damn. Not the reaction i thought I'd get. *Almost* makes me feel bad for my snippy comment about it. :oops:

Astromarine

Erudite
that baribeth thing is the type of stuff Bard's Tale should have been made of. Do that self-mocking module, Dave and I will buy it and all the current madules in your store. :)

Avin

Liturgist
Dgaider said:
Baribeth: Oh, puh-lease. All these things con grey to me, you know. I don't get any XP for them so I just leave them be.

hahahahahaha! i knew it! i knew it! that aribitch :twisted:

Volournr said:
Damn. Not the reaction i thought I'd get. *Almost* makes me feel bad for my snippy comment about it.

you're almost there, magik voloh :cool:

Jed

Cipher
Dgaider said:
Baribeth: Oh no! All the other students have been killed!
PC: Yeah. By kobolds. Why didn't you do anything to stop it?
Baribeth: Me? I... was busy.
Haha, that's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. I may not be a fan of BioWare, but I definitely respect your willingness to put up with us and self-parody on top of it all.

Also, nice smack-down on the Volourn. It needs it everynow and then.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
For all you BIo fanbioys like X; the modules are avialble so go and buy them pronto! me? I'll pass. :cool:

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Volourn said:
For all you BIo fanbioys like X; the modules are avialble so go and buy them pronto! me? I'll pass. :cool:

Why do you lie? R00fles. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom