Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 15 Things PC Gamer Wants to See in Mass Effect 3

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 3

<p>Those articles are always fun, PC Gamer assembled a list of <a href="http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/02/16/15-things-we-want-to-see-in-mass-effect-3/" target="_blank">15 things every true BRO wants to see</a> in <strong>Mass Effect 3</strong>. Here are some examples:</p>
<blockquote>
<h4>2. More varied combat</h4>
<p>Mass Effect 2 did a good job of making the player classes feel very different, and most have an interesting central mechanic for combat to revolve around. But within that, the hundreds of individual fights could become painfully familiar. Pretty much every fight took place in the same kind of room full of crates and low walls &ndash; which popped up from the ground if they weren&rsquo;t already there &ndash; against the same procession of enemy types. I&rsquo;d love to see some more interesting threats that require us to change our tactics, and some bosses with more interesting concepts than &ldquo;A guy with a lot of hitpoints&rdquo;.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>More varied combat is always good. You know what else is good?</p>
<blockquote>
<h4>5. More convincing romances</h4>
<p>The love interests in ME2 are like the Dr Evil henchman who caves if you ask him anything three times. There doesn&rsquo;t seem to be any connection, attraction or reason for you to hook up, they just capitulate because the player executed the necessary number of flirts. Let us chase someone, make someone chase us, and let our potential relationships be based on something. Even if it means fewer candidates for Awkwardly Animated Sexy Time.</p>
<p>And please don&rsquo;t close off all those options to players of the wrong gender. Great as it is, Mass Effect is not such a literary masterwork that it would completely ruin a delicately crafted character to check the bisexual flag. And we know that&rsquo;s all it takes, because <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ifZK9rRrw">modders have already done it</a>.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>See, modders have done it. This was so... convincing.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/101615-15-things-pc-gamer-wants-to-see-in-mass-effect-3.html">Gamebanshee</a></p>

Angthoron

Arcane
The list wasn't anywhere as retarded as I thought it would be when I clicked the link.

Can't rage, am disappoint.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hundreds of giant space robots with technology millions of years ahead of ours are raiding planet Earth, it's only logical that 50% of the game time is dedicated to romancing people aboard your ship nya?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
“Guys, I saw Saren kill a guy!”
“We don’t believe you.”
“Here’s a recording.”
“OK, we believe you. Find him!”
“Found him. His ship is a Reaper.”
“We don’t believe you.”
“His Reaper ship is killing you now.”
“OK, we believe you. Save us!”
“Done. Oh look, another Reaper!”
“We don’t believe you.”
“OK, well I found the Reaper, defeated it, saved the world and sent you proof.”
“OK, we believe you.”
:lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
racofer said:
Hundreds of giant space robots with technology millions of years ahead of ours are raiding planet Earth, it's only logical that 50% of the game time is dedicated to romancing people aboard your ship nya?

Yeah, and getting as far the fuck away from there as possible is the logical thing to do. :lol:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Angthoron said:
racofer said:

Yeah, and getting as far the fuck away from there as possible is the logical thing to do. :lol:

dragonfk

Erudite
A little faith - AGREED
More varied combat - AGREED
Free run of the galaxy - AGREED
Broader choice of weapons - AGREED
More convincing romances - Bioware fagboy
No coolant clips - AGREED
A mix of the personal and epic - ME2 suffers from classic in between beginning and epic ending storytelling, and honestly ME2 lack of epicness was rather refreshing
A less fiddly cover system - AGREED
No Cerberus - NEUTRAL
A closer knit squad - AGREED
Better class abilities - AGREED
Old friends - Bite the bullet Bioware, AGREED
An Elcor team mate - Why not, AGREED
Female Shepard on the box - don't care
Tali’s face - Bioware FAGboy

Virtual Vice

Educated
This fucking bioware standard of seducing and "fucking" your female companions just makes me sick, its just despicable.

I mean think about it, think about all those young males who are into PC rpg's, all those younglings which are going to grow up thinking all you have to do to seduce a female is to follow a consistent set pattern of approaches and giver her the right gifts at the right times!

Think of all those innocent young male souls who will only value women as sexual objects, that will grow up believing that most women are actually happy to be regarded as mere sex objects, and whose affection can be "unlocked" like in some kind pre scripted game sequence!!!

Its just revolting. I mean way back when ME1 came out I saw this piece about it on Fox and this really nice, intelligent ( and quite attractive) lady really opened my eyes to this problem. They had invited this other person to discuss the matter but all he could talk was about "innovation" and "choices and consequences".

We must see beyond that, we must say NO to more bioware crap that distorts our nations's young males judgement and appreciation of the fair sex, and undermines the possibility for meangingful, lasting and deep relationships with women. Bioware is tearing at the very fabric of our societies.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
How about no romances at all? I don't know about the rest of you but I don't exactly fall in love/meet a new girl to bang every other week. I don't understand why designers feel compelled to put stuff like that in their games in the interest of 'realism' when, in fact, it is pretty far from realistic. I suppose it's realistic from a James Bond point of view but, meh... I can envision a world where characters don't necessarily get it on for the current week but rather focus on the galaxy-threatening exigency at hand. Crazy, I know.

Also, Drog alt above me. :M

Johannes

Arcane
Virtual Vice said:
This fucking bioware standard of seducing and "fucking" your female companions just makes me sick, its just despicable.

I mean think about it, think about all those young males who are into PC rpg's, all those younglings which are going to grow up thinking all you have to do to seduce a female is to follow a consistent set pattern of approaches and giver her the right gifts at the right times!

Think of all those innocent young male souls who will only value women as sexual objects, that will grow up believing that most women are actually happy to be regarded as mere sex objects, and whose affection can be "unlocked" like in some kind pre scripted game sequence!!!

Its just revolting. I mean way back when ME1 came out I saw this piece about it on Fox and this really nice, intelligent ( and quite attractive) lady really opened my eyes to this problem. They had invited this other person to discuss the matter but all he could talk was about "innovation" and "choices and consequences".

We must see beyond that, we must say NO to more bioware crap that distorts our nations's young males judgement and appreciation of the fair sex, and undermines the possibility for meangingful, lasting and deep relationships with women. Bioware is tearing at the very fabric of our societies.
And to make matters worse, the gay romances will make them treat their fellow men as mere sex objects as well

Angthoron

Arcane
Notorious said:
5. More convincing romances

How about romances? And not whatever we got in Bioware games (Kindergarten stuff?)

Wouldn't a romance take much longer to depict than there is gameplay time of the entire trilogy?

Phelot

Arcane
Good thing I learned my lesson with ME1. Now I know never to play another Bioware game. Thanks Bioware!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
phelot said:
Good thing I learned my lesson with ME1. Now I know never to play another Bioware game. Thanks Bioware!

sandro.jpg

The above is an actual photograph of phelot after he played ME1.

Notorious

Augur
Angthoron said:
Notorious said:
5. More convincing romances

How about romances? And not whatever we got in Bioware games (Kindergarten stuff?)

Wouldn't a romance take much longer to depict than there is gameplay time of the entire trilogy?

Well... let's compare Kotor 1 and 2. In the 1. we got... I don't even remember her name, she was annoying in the 2. handmaiden. At the end of the game I cared about Handmaiden, in Kotor 1 I was just glad that I could finally kill her off.

But both were not very convincing so... either do them right or not at all

racofer

Thread Incliner
commie said:
phelot said:

sandro.jpg

He now exists only as a shadow of his former self, forever trapped into the Golden Toilet where he is fed burritos intravenously and the memories of the Shepard Heresy echoes in his head.

Angthoron

Arcane
Notorious said:
Well... let's compare Kotor 1 and 2. In the 1. we got... I don't even remember her name, she was annoying in the 2. handmaiden. At the end of the game I cared about Handmaiden, in Kotor 1 I was just glad that I could finally kill her off.

But both were not very convincing so... either do them right or not at all

I don't know, never really felt either of them were done well. Handmaiden could've been good but in the end her character wasn't really there for romance purposes anyway, and if I recall correctly, she wasn't even originally supposed to be in the crew or something like that?

Phelot

Arcane
racofer said:
commie said:
phelot said:

sandro.jpg

He now exists only as a shadow of his former self, forever trapped into the Golden Toilet where he is fed burritos intravenously and the memories of the Shepard Heresy echoes in his head.

No way! Although my skin has... sunken a little and I tend to wear black robes now, I'm a better man after giving up on that company.

I actually lied though, DA:O was actually the last nail in the coffin for Bioware for me, but I didn't play much of it, just after that "epic" battle when you get to the first town. NEVAR AGAIN BIOWARE! NEVAR AGAIN!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Mass Effect 1 is kinda crap. But I'd recommend giving Mass Effect 2 a try phelot.

And agreed on Dragon Turd.

Oh and MASS EFFECT 3!!!!!!!!

:yeah:

dragonfk

Erudite
BTW. I just finished watching voiceovers duel between female and male Shepard on youtube and boy does Jeniffer Hale hands Mark his ass on a silver platter.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Mark Meer basically read the commas on his lines. It was a bit off the first time I listened to him but I didn't really care. Only after listening to the same dialog lines with Jeniffer's voice that I noticed what was it about Mark that sounded so bad.

Unfortunately after seeing that demo footage of DA2 I believe the same thing will happen in there too, only with the genders switched.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Scouring the battleground for these after every fight was not fun. Switching weapons just to reload them before picking up another clip was not quick, or fun. And continually running out of ammo for your favourite weapon made no sense in the context of these supposedly universal coolant clips. If you must have ammo, just restock it after every fight. And for God’s sake call it ammo, you’re not fooling anyone with the nonsensical coolant concept.

Jesus Christ I want to punch retards like this. WHO THE FUCK RUNS OUT OF AMMO IN THIS GAME? WHO? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST KILL YOURSELF.

Seriously. "Continually running out of ammo"? What are you, fucking retarded? And your solution isn't "I should learn how to aim" but "MAEK GAME EASIER PLEAZE!"

phelot said:
racofer said:
commie said:
phelot said:

sandro.jpg

No way! Although my skin has... sunken a little and I tend to wear black robes now, I'm a better man after giving up on that company.

I actually lied though, DA:O was actually the last nail in the coffin for Bioware for me, but I didn't play much of it, just after that "epic" battle when you get to the first town. NEVAR AGAIN BIOWARE! NEVAR AGAIN!

I learned the exact same lesson from playing ME 1 as well, never another Bioware game. :salute:

FRUA07.gif

The above is an actual photograph of me after finishing ME 1.

Phelot

Arcane
Merkwürdigliebe said:
phelot said:
racofer said:
commie said:
phelot said:

sandro.jpg

I learned the exact same lesson from playing ME 1 as well, never another Bioware game. :salute:

FRUA07.gif

The above is an actual photograph of me after finishing ME 1.

It's OK brother. There's nothing left of us for Bioware to take. They can't hurt us anymore. NEVAR AGAIN BIOWARE!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom